Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Tuition Fees/The Supernatural/Freelancing: Get Some Light Exorcise [ISG]  (Read 26533 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The best way to introduce world information is obviously for the narrator to be randomly distracted mid sentence and absent mindedly drop like two paragraphs of rambling background. Don't at me.

At this point you don't need us to tell you to be careful, right? Careful. Move in quietly, opening the door just a crack to check for tripwires and such.
+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Melissa is too busy stealing Christmas to hunt goblins right now! Enjoy your Christmases everyone, regular updates resume on Boxing Day. <3

Now if you'll excuse me I have two portraits I need to finish before Christmas.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Sneak in, but only if we have a light source. We need to be able to see.
We brought a flashlight, right?

A torch is one of the things I never leave the house without!

Anyway, I think we should slip in quietly. There's no-one around, and we done want to alert the goblins.
At this point you don't need us to tell you to be careful, right? Careful. Move in quietly, opening the door just a crack to check for tripwires and such.
+1
+1
+1 to sneaking
Sneak in, but only if we have a light source. We need to be able to see.

Deftness: 4 +1 = 5

This bolt isn't in the worst condition. With a tiny bit of care... there we go, open and silent. Now easy does it. I hope these hinges don't squeak.

...and clear! Torch out, let's see what awaits inside.

This is a goblin nest alright. Once smelt, it cannot be unsmelt. Uuuuuugh.

Chin up, Mel! Soldier on.

It's pretty much what I'd expect from an abandoned shop with goblins camping in it. It's probably for the best not to think too carefully about those puddles.

I don't see anything in here, and I don't hear anything running from the light, but I can't really see much behind the counter or in the back room. Gàn, the smell is rancid.

1.  > Pull a weapon and move around the back of the counter.
2.  > Skip the weapon, just move quickly and quietly around the back.
3.  > Peek over the edge of the counter and around the edge of the door.
4.  > Pull a weapon and vault the counter.
5.  > _                       

Spoiler: Meta (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile

Is that a bundle of dynamite?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Equip the Wrench and step song the back of the counter. Make sure to check the space underneath it for lurking goblins.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Actually, the wrench isn't in our inventory I think. Did you forget it, Mel?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Clarifications: that's just an empty liquor bottle, and Mel's inventory there only has the things she never leaves the apartment without. Excluding mundane things obviously. She's not quite so absent minded as to lock herself out every time.

...yet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pick up bottle. Toss it through the door. Then proceed as the other one said.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

+1
+1
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Equip the Wrench and step song the back of the counter. Make sure to check the space underneath it for lurking goblins.
+1
+1

That should stir up anything on the other side.

Pretty clean. Should be safe to handle. I can't yell in case there are passersby outside, but if I could, I would scream the ancient West Pangaean warcry

Chinese text: 這個婊子空了意图. Any errors and/or unclear translation are intentional.

...anyway, now there's broken glass all over the floor on the other side, but I don't hear anything. I wonder if there's a broom in here. My toms aren't exactly hobnailed.

Better grab the wrench just in case. I guess the glass will slow down anything trying to lunge at me.

Nope, all quiet. All of the goblins must be out and about somewhere.

Sunset should be in about... three hours? So it must be just about half past three now, and the goblins are usually here before the rush between four thirty ish and five thirty ish. Come to think of it, I'm lucky they're not here now. They might not even be back until after sunset, though.

I could try and set a trap in the time before they arrive, and ambush them. I could also go back and do some more prep and come back after nightfall. I might have a standard protocol here... but I can't remember it.

1.  > _                       

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check the cabinets first the goblins might be inside them, or there could be stuff we could loot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, don't look in the cabinets. Anything that would be in there wouldn't be useful to us, and they might be trapped.

Sweep away the glass into a corner so that it doesn't get in our way in a fight. We know where the goblins come in, so we can hide behind the counter in the front room, wait for all three to come in, then attack. That way we should be able to cut off their exit if they try to run away.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, don't look in the cabinets. Anything that would be in there wouldn't be useful to us, and they might be trapped.

Sweep away the glass into a corner so that it doesn't get in our way in a fight. We know where the goblins come in, so we can hide behind the counter in the front room, wait for all three to come in, then attack. That way we should be able to cut off their exit if they try to run away.

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

+1

Hmm, I think I'll avoid the cupboards. You never know what might fall out. I'll do a bit of cleanup in here and then get ready for the goblins.

Well, that was intellectually stimulating. Better go hide and get ready.

I love my... bang-tassel-things, but they're annoying in a fight. Step one is always to clip them away.

Backup weapon ready: check. ...this isn't actually very practical, I just think it looks cool as heck. If I'm not allowed to be a bit chuuni, who is?

Anyway, the heart of a warrior is like a river. Calm on the surface, and a raging torrent beneath. Before fighting, I always meditate and clear my mind. I can do it for hours at a time.

That was a lie. It's been about a minute and I'm bored out of my mind, and also kinda stressed. I don't want to be tortured, killed, and eaten by goblins!

I'm saved! I hear something crawling through the window. Well, "saved" is probably premature because this is exactly what I was worried about but it means I can stop worrying and start doing and that's a lot better unless I actually get hurt I guess.

I'll just take a peek over the top of the counter and see what I'm dealing with.

Terrible picture, I'm sorry. I might even edit this in the morning.

...so as far as I can see in the dark (although my eyes have adjusted and some more sun is leaking in), they're all pretty scrawny. From smallest to biggest I'm gonna call them Bonehead, Knuckles, and Ears.

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mel's Combat Stats (click to show/hide)

> _             

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15