Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Prosperous Universe: a browser based interstellar economy sim  (Read 15677 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Universe: a browser based interstellar economy sim
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2019, 02:20:48 am »

You produce almost 250 units of silicon ore (and, presumably, roughly half that in magnesium) every 5 days? That's crazy - what do you do with them? Aren't most of the products T2 and T3 items?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2019, 03:59:49 am »

Yeah, silicon ore is used for MCG but that's about it at this tier and MCG isn't used in high amounts.  Magnesium is only used for t3 luxury consumables.  At the time I built the extractor I was the only person producing it in the game, but even then one extractor produces far too much.

If/when I get the money to do so I'm gonna demolish it and replace it with an incinerator or something - by then I'll have enough SIO to last for a long long time (and ukulele is producing it too).

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2019, 12:12:47 pm »

Yeah, I'm still playing despite my outburst a while ago, I'm up to 5 farms on Montem. I can fit 4 more before I run out of space so I'm questioning if I should. On the flip side, I have 4 agriculture experts which gives 19.74% efficiency increase. It is also interesting because one time I ran out of supplies for my workers, the farms still had 20% efficiency due to the experts.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2019, 06:26:05 pm »

Well the reset happened!  Looks like this test has fuel production, and all the side planets have chamber of comeraces now.  The starting exchanges have been reduced to three-Kat, Mon, and Prom.  Started on Bentanc with hydrogen collectors, really need farmers/carbon farmers on Kat.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2019, 04:13:17 pm »

Do we have anyone from Promitor? I need a loan of 10K ICA for a week.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2019, 04:02:44 am »

Alas, I'm on Benten-c where Katona is.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2019, 02:07:20 pm »

I'm on Promitor this time around.  But as I have 418 ICA to my name I'm not in a position to loan to anyone :p

Jejune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2019, 02:41:39 am »

Thanks for the key link, I'm having a lot of fun with the game now that I semi know what I am doing. I had an account on this site before but I've forgotten what the password was. Hi Biowraith, I didn't know you found the game through bay12 too.
Started on Proxion, coliqed to Benten after I realised how bad it was and to try out different things, got bored mining pretty fast and now I'm on Promitor to stay. The game is in the vein of Economies of Scale in that it's basically a real time progress bar simulator that you're supposed to check on once a day or so, but with a space age coat of paint and chat features. Balance is a bit whacky, the new player experience rough (apex is difficult to use for the first few hours) and you can easily fuck yourself if you start on the wrong planet for your package but the first coliq is instant so if you do mess up you can restart no problem.

Buy My Flux!

iemfi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2019, 11:28:57 am »

God damn, this game scratches that Starpeace itch a little, but just leaves me wanting Starpeace. Someone make it or do I have to bloody do it myself?

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2019, 02:13:22 pm »

God damn, this game scratches that Starpeace itch a little, but just leaves me wanting Starpeace. Someone make it or do I have to bloody do it myself?

Like these?

http://www.starpeaceonline.com/game.asp

https://www.starpeace.io/

No idea if they're any good, what they charge if anything, but I did a Google for Starpeace to see what it was. The second one seems to have a limited guest mode to try it out before, I assume, paying to become a "Tycoon".

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2019, 03:02:41 am »

Any activity on this now that its basically fully free to play?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2019, 03:10:35 am »

I'm still playing, but only barely - I'm basically doing the bare minimum to keep my production ticking along.  I've got two full bases and two more resource extraction bases, and shipping everything between them is almost a full time job for my 2 ships, so without the ability to buy/build more ships I can't really expand any further.  But even if I could, I spend so much time on the busy work of re-queuing production, listing the output on the market, and shipping stuff between bases, that adding more bases would take more time than I'm willing to invest.  At this point I'm just making sure my corp has the SCN technician consumable that I produce whilst accumulating money (I'm up to 1.25m ICA so far).

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2019, 02:54:20 pm »

I have been messing around a bit. Not doing much more then mining Limestone/Halcite and getting what I need for a chem plant soon.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2021, 09:29:34 pm »

I saw this game posted on mmorpg reddit in one of the topics. I was going to make a thread, but this is a thing I guess.

I haven't played though (yet), is it any good to get into?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8