Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58

Author Topic: Divine Fuckery: The End is Nigh  (Read 112863 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: Atheism
« Reply #570 on: January 17, 2019, 07:27:01 am »

I just realized that we're playing ping pong with a sun.

Not for long
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 17, 2019, 08:10:57 am »

I'm gonna wait and see if Borkle's action goes right and I come back to life.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #572 on: January 17, 2019, 10:36:08 pm »

((I spent 1 power in my turn, yet it seems I didn't get a boost from the expense of the power. Should I treat it as if the power wasn't used, or should I still remove it from my sheet?))

Lilith quickly used the power of the barrier to expel the new and dangerous animals of the forest, The Beasts, to the outside realm. The theocracy could have fun with them.

Name: Lilith
God Level: Demigod
Power: 4 or 5 depending on the response to m'query.
Sphere: None
Description: An entity born from the fertile flesh of Akahet's more hospitable areas, Lilith is a collection of plant matter that has molded itself into the shape of a humanoid.

Lilith may be somewhere in line for promotion to Minor god depending on how other ascensions go, and depending on whether she currently has 4 or 5 power.
((yeah, sorry. I missed it for some reason.)

So of our remaining demigods, Baba chik is AFK and Leodandy is too, So I'm calling it for Prowler.  And Vurol seems to have the highest among the minor gods so He rises to major godhood! Pantheon updated.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: A god game that would make Zeus proud.
« Reply #573 on: January 17, 2019, 10:57:59 pm »

Spoiler: Logic (click to show/hide)
Not enough reason, too much emotion. If he was going to climb he had to get an even sharper wit, an even more vast knowledge of the universe!
DAMMIT HE WOULD BRAIN BEYOND THE LIMITS OF NORMAL GODHOOD
DO MORE SCIENCE. RESEARCH MORE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE. GAIN. MORE. POWER. Also spend one again.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: The Century Cometh.
« Reply #574 on: January 18, 2019, 12:09:12 am »

Time to recharge! Perform minor but visible miracles around my temples. Also, communicate with the underworld to ensure proper soul exchanging for both me and Sucker. Also take some time to help out Ep and Cawder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:14:58 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #575 on: January 18, 2019, 12:17:39 am »

Use my natural demianimal magnatism to recruit a furry army.

Now. My fellow beasts. Accept me as your alpha leader! Every pack, every herd, every family, heed my call!

If things go really well, bestow some intelligence to the alphas of the strongest and most dominant packs of animals, to carry out more precise stragims, on my behalf.

Spoiler: Thorn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:37:17 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 18, 2019, 04:15:06 am »

Action Edited
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 18, 2019, 10:37:54 am »

Using my Vorpal Pike, carve out a hole in the Akahet's protective barrier, so that I can quickly dive inside.
Once I'm on the physical plane, find myself a cave to hide and live in.

Spoiler: The Prowler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: The Century Cometh.
« Reply #578 on: January 18, 2019, 12:01:54 pm »

Turns out making buildings is hard, who knew?
Head west to the former Murderrealm and start proselytizing again, to spread word of Manor and Ep. Make the most of Manor's miracles and support in this. About time these might-worshiping fools heard of the power of Good.

Spoiler: Cawder (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #579 on: January 19, 2019, 03:31:37 pm »

Spoiler: Enryu (click to show/hide)

I'm not real? Oh well, c'est la vie. Enryu will try to learn how to manipulate the meta-narrative of this universe now that he's aware of the true meaning of life. Entertainment for unseen great eldritch shitposters.
[5]
Enryu, in his contemplation of the universe, gains an understanding that utterly undermines the established order. He learns to subvert the narrative and twist the results of those impossible machinations that control the universe.

((Enryu has gained the ability to directly fuck with the rolls of other players. Once per turn, and at the cost of 1 power, he can choose another player's action and directly determine what the d6 roll for it will be.))

Actually, I'll just accept that my project failed and, since my power was not actually used, keep my power at the appropriate level, for the sake of ease. Bit miffed, but I can always try again. First, however, Credst needs to vent a little bit.

Spend 1 power on punching the Malignant Red Hypergiant in the direction of Attom. Scratch that, Borkle's angry.

Spend Go far north-east and spend 6 power on creating the super computer I described previously, but only him this time so my power is less divided between different parts of the same project.

"Firstly, I am so glad I created those Slime Mechaspiders. Secondly, you are far too much of a threat to be allowed to live, you murderous, food obsessed, little shit. Borkle, do you want to help me with this? You're better at punching than me."

((I have 7 power at the moment. It looks like a tie between Hectorclese and Vurol, however.))
I believe the power at the end is how much power was gained.
[3+3]
Credst promptly leaves the more settled part of the universe and creates his desired super computer off on the North East edge of known reality. The computer is quite super; perhaps too super. Its bigger than many planets and could comfortably take up much of Akahet should it ever get taken there. It also talks in a sexy girl voice and calls Credst "Daddy" so...well its not bad just a bit awkward at social occasions.

Spoiler: Attom (click to show/hide)

"That was unexpected, funny but unexpected".

Attom isn't angry about losing his mayor godhood, he is mostly surprised that it took so long considering he stayed below five power for more than half a century. He could have been defeated by demigods but none took advantage of that

Tear Mechaspiders apart to build a spaceship.
[1]
The sphere of spiders, now no longer held up by the great mantle of power that Attom used to project, collapse down onto him and entomb him even more tightly. If it keeps up this entombment will become quite literal.

Flexius

Meditate upon nature of chaos to understand, how it works and what is it.

Try to gain power with use of  gained knowledge without corrupting myself and heartyboi crew in process
[4]
Flexius gains the power to use the abilities of the former realms of chaos, though there will always be the chance that they will corrupt him.

"How about this, little serpents. If you worship me and swear off the red hypergiant as heresy, I'll protect you from the gods. If anything comes along to mess with you, I'll punch 'em."

Offer the mechserpants a deal where if they worship me and not the hypergiant, I'll protect them. If they refuse the deal, I'll just leave them alone.

"Now, where were we? Time for f̵͚̥̲̭͋̾̅̓̾͟u̵̩̰̼̟̼̳ͫͭ̀n̷͖̺̘̾̇͌̚͞, my pet!"

Teleport myself and Haku far out into the empty void where nothing will disturb us.
Spend 1 power to create a hard sphere of unbreakable, soul-impermeable material around us. Large enough for some maneuvering inside. Not so unbreakable that I can't break it, of course. I'm no fool.

Now, properly secured, grasp Haku and spend 1 power to vigorously f̪̖̟̰ͣ̆͊̌ͨ͝ų̷̬̰̼̺̻̜͎̟̌͆͂͑̃̑͞c̡̹̥͈̩͐ͬ͐̾͘͡k̵̴͓͈͍͔̱̟ͭͫ͞ him for 10 years stright.

Make sure he doesn't die permanently, transform both him and myself into various forms regularly to keep things interesting, and make sure to involve his favorite things.

FYI, even if he dies his soul can't escape the sphere so I can just stick him in a new body.

Spoiler: Anaconda (click to show/hide)
[6]
The Mechserpents agree enthusiastically to worship Anaconda, especially after Anaconda's history of punching divine things is explained to them. In fact, the begin following Anaconda around quite closely.

[1+1]
Anaconda's attempts to summon up an impermeable...love nest lets call it...fail. However, not one to let a potential booty call end get away, Anaconda simply drags her consort into the mechserpent armada and proceeds to leave a trail of destruction, scented candles, heart shaped beds, and annoyed neighbors in her wake.
[1]
In the end, haku is snu-snu'd to the point of being borderline comatose and Anaconda is still left wanting.

Muahahaha!

Thorn rejoices in the realization of the wicked form it that now plays its' host puppet. Two large sharp calcified structures to rend with. A warm fluffy brown insulated body. With foot steps so soft and quite, death creeps unmolested in the twig strewn forest.

Thorn nibbles berries while brooding over its' terrible plans.

Thorn nibbles. Eventually its host dies. [5] Thorn finds a new host on some sort of massive moose thing.

Being omniscient has its uses. And it’s drawbacks
Today, today was a drawback.

Borkle saw Mr Virgiwerk frantically scrambling to repair the ship, even as his metallic body became redder and redder.

He saw Ultra shield his lover and child even as the flames rushed through the bulkhead, comforting them in their last moments.

He saw the confusion in Flexius’s eyes, as his father who saved him led him into death

Even as the flames entered the bridge, and his Hard boys stoically accepted their ends, he saw this.

And above all, he heard the cruel laughter of the star, it’s basic, simple maelevolence taunting him as it consumed all he had wrought.

And then, when the fires reached him, he opened his eyes, blazing red with power, and said a word

”NO”

Spend 5 power to destroy this monstrosity. 5 more to punch reality to bring it back. Bring it ALL back
All the demigods
All the mortals
All the ships
All the land

[2+3][1+3]

Borkle, perhaps quite more angry than normal, proceeds to punch the Malignant Red Hypergiant. The star collapses in on itself and winks out of existance.  As it does so, he turns to the black void and punches reality itself. His blow, despite its power, is not enough to violently rip all of reality back into the form he desires. He cannot completely return things, but he gets close, at least for his purposes. His blow restores his punchship and its inhabitants in a giant flash of light and pottery breaking sound effects.  In fact, he may have broken reality a bit as the numbers of each group aren't quite right.

*INCOHERENT WRATHFUL SCREAMING OF PURE RAGE*

*Eager squeaking*

Donate 3 power to Borkle's efforts to destroy the Malignant Red Hypergiant. Also donate 1 point to his restoration of the world.

Spend 1 power on continuing to help my monks do good deeds. Finally, spend 1 power on closing that bridge I accidentally created.

Spoiler: Ep (click to show/hide)

[2+1][4+1]
Ep's attempts to help his monks are basically imperceptible however he very clearly does destroy the tower he created, or at least severs its connection to the heavens before anything terrible can crawl in.

((I spent 1 power in my turn, yet it seems I didn't get a boost from the expense of the power. Should I treat it as if the power wasn't used, or should I still remove it from my sheet?))

Lilith quickly used the power of the barrier to expel the new and dangerous animals of the forest, The Beasts, to the outside realm. The theocracy could have fun with them.

Name: Lilith
God Level: Demigod
Power: 4 or 5 depending on the response to m'query.
Sphere: None
Description: An entity born from the fertile flesh of Akahet's more hospitable areas, Lilith is a collection of plant matter that has molded itself into the shape of a humanoid.

Lilith may be somewhere in line for promotion to Minor god depending on how other ascensions go, and depending on whether she currently has 4 or 5 power.
((Drat, for some reason you weren't on the pantheon list. Well, the reason is of course that I am a dumb. I also remembered the prowler's power wrong so You are now a minor god.))

[5]
Lilith expels most of the wildlife from the forest, pushing the monsterous creatures out onto the plains nearby.

Ideology is form, form is blood. The blood cult shall be an instrument, the followers learning blood magic. They shall learn of the power of the blood, and how to extract it. They shalt slaughter and kill to obtain blood, for blood is blood. Take the blood of mighty beings, and make it your own. Sacrifice mortals for more power of blood. The cult is and shall be the rise of the betters. Now to spread the cult secretly....
Spoiler: Lizarkar (click to show/hide)
Lizarkar attempts to spread his message of....something about blood...but his rather distressing method of promoting the cult and his complicated dogma of blood this and blood that either frightens or confuses new converts into leaving. About the only beings he can intice into even being connected to him are the more edgy, younger tiger giants who might just be rebelling against their fathers.

They spend the cult meetings composing terrible poetry and whining.

Name: Hectorclese the Stout
God level: Minor
Power: 9 - probably
Sphere: Victory and Feasting
Description: The Heartiest of Hearty Boys, the pinnacle of what they can be; big and strong, he's always on the lookout for something to eat. He walks among mortals with a dim glow around him, a clear sign of his deification.
Notes: Smarting over the loss of some Heart Boys in the Food Invasion
80 war beasts and 40 Hearty Boys

Check the NeoKitchen for damage and repair any found with the help of my Hearty Boys!

Aid Borkle in his efforts by making sure the Star Krakens are unable to consume the Malignant Star.
[4] It takes a decade, but the crew of the neokitchen finally manages to get it back into working order. Over this period he learns that war beasts don't make good mechanics.

This world domination and killing people thing really isn't going my way. Guess I'll try something more mundane.

Devise a ritual that allows one to project a soul from the underworld. Use that to make a living as a psychic.

Also try to help Manor with the energy Siphons.

Though with my luck I'll probably end up making it worse.

[5] Sucker discovers a way to pull souls from the underworld straight to him and uses this ability to act as grand interrogator of the dead. It is most impressive if not usually very useful under the new reign of the theocracy who doesn't seem as into necromancy as the previous management.

"Behold! Almighty Attom has displayed his power! The belly of the universe fills with an exquisite feast of death and woe! Now c'mon - one, two, one two three four..."

As he leads his fellow food elementals in a rousing and melodic devotional prayer chant to Attom (they are yet to realise or comprehend their Creator's divine demotion, it would seem), Uziña's attention begins to wander.
Baked for battle and having sat mostly idle for some decades now, he cannot help but become restless. On top of that, he is just dying for a chance to test out his new superweapon.
With his crusty limbs itching for action, he wanders off as his brethren launch into a third verse describing the piquant flavours of the Curry of Antipathy, heading to the controls of the gigantic turret protruding from the Food Cruiser...

Get the Food Elementals whipped up into a frenzy of song in praise of Attom, then go and use my entire remaining store of 3 power to fire a supercharged shot from the Pressure Cooker into yon Malignant Red Hypergiant for shits and giggles.  

Quote from: Sheet
Name: Užina
God Level: Demi
Power: 3
Description: A tall, humanoid figure seemingly formed out of flexible breadrolls, with bagel hands and tomato soup in place of blood. Its head is a dark, hefty loaf of rye, with only a couple of creases and a cryptic pattern of seeds and flour resembling anything akin to a 'face'.
Notes: Awakened food elemental.
Aboard Attom's Food Cruiser, armed with a superweapon known as the Pressure Cooker.

[1] Uzina attempts to whip up a chorus for Attom, hopefully giving some power to the old god, but his singers instead chant Uzina's name. Dejected, Uzina takes aim with his dooms day weapon only for Borkle to totally shotblock him and destroy the red hypergiant before he can fire.

Spoiler: Logic (click to show/hide)
Not enough reason, too much emotion. If he was going to climb he had to get an even sharper wit, an even more vast knowledge of the universe!
DAMMIT HE WOULD BRAIN BEYOND THE LIMITS OF NORMAL GODHOOD
DO MORE SCIENCE. RESEARCH MORE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE. GAIN. MORE. POWER. Also spend one again.
[4+1]
Enal quickly figures out a way to leech some of the turbulent energy of the passing of the slime god machine into his ship and then into himself. [+5 power]

Time to recharge! Perform minor but visible miracles around my temples. Also, communicate with the underworld to ensure proper soul exchanging for both me and Sucker. Also take some time to help out Ep and Cawder.

[3]
Manor performs a series of rather underwhelming miracles around the mortal realm. This, combined with the fact that most of the realm is focused on worshiping Zarel, results in little if any power gains for him.

Use my natural demianimal magnatism to recruit a furry army.

Now. My fellow beasts. Accept me as your alpha leader! Every pack, every herd, every family, heed my call!

If things go really well, bestow some intelligence to the alphas of the strongest and most dominant packs of animals, to carry out more precise stragims, on my behalf.

((next time, only one action post per turn. If you want multiple actions, do them as part of one post))
[2]
Thorn attempts to attract an army of monsters but sadly none of them listen to him/her/it.

Using my Vorpal Pike, carve out a hole in the Akahet's protective barrier, so that I can quickly dive inside.
Once I'm on the physical plane, find myself a cave to hide and live in.

Spoiler: The Prowler (click to show/hide)
[3]
The prowler bangs on the barrier with his pick but can't pierce it.

Turns out making buildings is hard, who knew?
Head west to the former Murderrealm and start proselytizing again, to spread word of Manor and Ep. Make the most of Manor's miracles and support in this. About time these might-worshiping fools heard of the power of Good.

Spoiler: Cawder (click to show/hide)

[1]
Things go great for Cawder until his first rally when he describes the people of the theocracy as "Might worshiping fools" and is promptly beaten to a pulp, stuffed in a barrel, and put out to sea.

Added Power
Enryu +1
Credst +1
Attom +0
Flexius +1
Anaconda +1
Thorn +0
Borkle +3
Lilith +2
Lizarkar +1
Hectorclese +1
Uzina +3
Sucker +2
Enal (already awarded in post)
Manor +0
The Prowler +0
Cawder +0

NPC actions

[1] The Remaining fragment of chaos slowly begins to dissolve.
[2] The Mechserpents basically just watch Anaconda's actions with polite, if very awkward silence.
Baba Chik vanishes from inaction.
[4] The spider dreadnought heads over to the Mechserpent armada and asks them whats going on. They sheepishly explain.
[5v2] The Star Krakens attack the cosmic luddite and eat it
[4] The Energy Siphons recoop some of their losses and take interest in Sucker's odd bridge between the underworld and the mortal realm.
[3v2] The murderrealm is assailed by the monsters that have been driven from Lilith's forest. They manage to drive the beasts back, but only barely and with a significant loss of undead "life".
[4] Meanwhile the theocracy again grows in power and spreads, this time under a new banner of eventually reaching the stars. Or lack of stars now, since the bit noticeable one got punched out.
[4] The Hedonists finish creating their new planet of Pleasure Realm. Its a better realm with hookers and blackjack.
[4] The number of Good Mortals Slowly grows and their good deeds continue to be done.

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 19, 2019, 03:39:50 pm »

Spoiler: Vurol (click to show/hide)
I wonder who will become the nex minor god

Create the Oozeworld, an enormous "land" made of slime, mucus and semi-solid ooze, spend 3 power for this
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:48:34 pm by Ombragon »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: Sample Title
« Reply #581 on: January 19, 2019, 03:54:26 pm »

Spoiler: Enryu (click to show/hide)

"Hey gods! If any of you wishes my services, pay me a toll of power and I will do as you wish. But now, I must search for the McGuffin that is searched for and usually used by the bad guy due to its plot convenient abilities..."

Spoiler: GM EYES ONLY (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:22:26 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 19, 2019, 04:05:42 pm »

((Hey, so, who’s back, and how many boys do I have left? You mentioned the numbers weren’t right but didn’t really elaborate.))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: A god game that would make Zeus proud.
« Reply #583 on: January 19, 2019, 04:07:59 pm »

Spoiler: Attom (click to show/hide)

Free myself from the mecha-spiders and giant spaceship-tomb out all of them
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 19, 2019, 04:25:23 pm »

.......ENGAGING BLUNTNESS!
THE BLOOD CULT DEVOTES ITSELF TO THE WORSHIP OF HAKA THE LORD OF BLOOD THAT-IS-TO-BE. IT IS A BLOODY GOD  OBSESSED WITH BLOOD, SO ALL ITS POWERS REVOLVE AROUND THAT. IT(THE CULT) PRACTICES BLOOD MAGIC, MAGIC THAT USES THE BLOOD OF ALL THINGS THAT HAVE BLOOD TO PERFORM MIRACLES. IT CAN'T BE YOUR OWN BLOOD, HOWEVER, SINCE YOU-KNOW-WHO HATES THAT BULLSHIT. NO, YOU GOT TO TAKE THE BLOOD FROM SOMEONE ELSE! YOU CAN ALSO SACRIFICE OTHERS AND CONSUME THEIR BLOOD TO GAIN MORE POWER.
THIS BLUNT EXPLANATION SHOULD SATISFY NEW CONVERTS. GOTTA KEEP IT SECRET THOUGH. 

Spoiler: Lizarkar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:28:23 pm by Avetruetotheimperator »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58