Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Land Wars: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh  (Read 8827 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

NOTICE:
this game was ded anyways, i might make a game loosely based off of it in the future but don't place your bets right now

Current Late Joiner Compensation Bonuses:
2800/4200 (With Force focus) extra troops, 28 project points to spend.
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE YOUR DAMN UPDATE/SUBMISSION SHEETS EXACTLY ONE SPOILER FOR ALL IMMEDIATELY RELEVANT KINGDOM INFORMATION, NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS, FAILURE TO OBEY THIS IS AN AUTO-DECLINE AND A KNOW-THAT-0CRA-JUST-PUT-YOUR-SHEET-THAT-ISN'T-COMPLETELY-ONE-SPOILER-INTO-A-SHREDDER-AFTER-PRINTING-IT-OUT EXPERIENCE

ALSO SPIES ARE NOT ALLOWED

Yes, I made a LW thread last year, yes, I'm making a new one because last time someone pointed out that the formatting sucked because I originally took the post from a site that supports nested spoilers, but I also added some clarifications.

Oh, and if anyone would like to volunteer for doing all the war mod stuff (Don't be biased or I'll fire you) instead of playing, be my guest and do the war modding for me so I can play without worrying about being biased towards myself. I don't mind doing all the war modding, but if you find writing large scale battles more entertaining than organizing armies, then feel free to help.

With that said, here's the rules and info you should read to play.

DISCORD SERVER

I advise making your civilization somewhat unique from your generic medieval empire. I am not strict at all on themes, so go make your kingdom whatever you want it to be themed after. Hell, you can make a fucking ROBLOX-themed civilization for all I care. (Don't worry, I won't judge you for that, I actually play ROBLOX every now and then.)

Hello and welcome to Land Wars, a forum based grand strategy game! In it, players create fictional high-fantasy nations and send their armies after other players in an effort to conquer the world, or failing that, each other. It's a ton of fun.

If you're new, welcome, and read on; it may be a lot but I promise the game is less complicated than it sounds and it's absolutely worth it.

You can now put your pitchforks with "TL;DR" engraved onto them down, the wall of text just ended.

If you want to join, PM your day 0 update! The deadline to do so is January 15th, after which point the game will start.

(Replace the placeholder fields with something else.)
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Day X]
[b]General Info[/b]:
Civilization Name:
Theme: Mundanity
Day 0
Capital: Townton
Acquired Kingdoms: None
Focus:

[b]Map(s)[/b]:
A picture of the map of the kingdom and any acquired kingdoms would go here, along with a description of the map and any other necessary material.

[b]Troops & Heroes[/b]:
[i]Troops[/i]:
A description of each unit type would go here.

[i]Heroes[/i]:
A description of each of your heroes & their capabilities would go here.

[b]Supplies:[/b]
[i]Foreign[/i]:
A description of each supply you've acquired through trades and other outside acquisition would go here.

[i]Domestic[/i]:
A description of each supply indigenous to your kingdom would go here.

[b]Projects[/b]:

Descriptions of any notable completed projects that aren't really self-explanatory ("mass produce healing potions" for example) go here. This would be the best place for projects that involve building a fortress/structure or any project that requires additional explanation.[/spoiler]

[b]Other[/b]:

Players can choose to leave this area blank. This is an optional space where people can put things such as the history of the kingdom, anything roleplay or in-character related, or it can just be a few random notes about your army and kingdom.
[hr]
Troops:
1000 Footmen
1000 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 2000

Recruitment:
100 Footmen
100 Buffalo Soldiers

Total: 200

Supplies:
Starbucks-Coffee Cannon
Baconators

Projects:
Mass produce Baconators (0/3)
Recruit Commander Blanche McNorman (0/2)

Completed Projects:
None.
(if this list gets extensive, I advise using some form of spreadsheet to quickly categorize it, since this site doesn't support dual layer spoilers.. It should always be clear how many days it took to complete a past project.)

Log: this is just where you put your thoughts for the day, typically in-character stuff from your kingdom's leader(s). Feel free to put OOC stuff outside.[/spoiler][code]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:44:15 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Land Wars: Revised first post edition.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 06:41:29 pm »

PTP? PTW!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 06:41:57 pm »

The link to the last thread, if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171831.msg7836243#msg7836243
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 06:52:56 pm »

The link to the last thread, if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171831.msg7836243#msg7836243

That one was sorta a mess, from me forgetting to fix formatting completely, to someone getting the misconception that I'm a lazy gm when I want to run a game in which all you have to do is make small changes to your sheet daily and me, the GM, doing all the war mod things, and keeping updates in check, to someone not being bothered to USE THE DAMN UPDATE TEMPLATE AND INSTEAD TYPE IT FROM SCRATCH, which caused a mess.

But yeah, that's why this thread got the title of Revised first post edition, as misconceptions were cleared up, formatting was (mostly) fixed, and all that other good stuff.
it's over

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 06:56:32 pm »

to someone getting the misconception that I'm a lazy gm when I want to run a game in which all you have to do is make small changes to your sheet daily
To the person who needed a hiatus because two sentence long updates once per day was, and I quote: "Too much going on in this game" in Demigodhood Multiverse... I feel I must ask how exactly you intend to handle this game before I go to the trouble of making an application. It looks like much much more than two sentences of updates per day is going to be involved in this.
To add to that: If it's such a small change, why can't you be bothered to do it yourself?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 07:15:24 pm »

To add to that: If it's such a small change, why can't you be bothered to do it yourself?

Personal issues.
it's over

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 07:51:10 pm »

Ptw

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 09:02:26 pm »

PTP

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 04:15:42 pm »

How many people have signed up so far? I may join depending on the number.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 04:18:12 pm »

There are 3 people registered as players in the discord.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 05:24:58 pm »

Should I join?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 06:15:59 pm »

Up to you.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 11:30:20 pm »

Post to possibly reserve...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 04:32:27 pm »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:47:32 pm by coleslaw35 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 05:56:31 pm »

I'd be willing to give this game another try if the GM promises to abstain from also being a player.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10