Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Lords of SPAM! Game is over! Ceodwell is victorious!  (Read 17049 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of SPAM! Game has begun!
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »

Build army at MET
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2018, 06:26:50 pm »

build army in KHO
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2018, 10:15:33 pm »

Build army in Helliste (HEL)
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2018, 10:21:21 pm »

Build armies at KSH and KAR!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2018, 10:11:41 am »

Spring of Year 2

TankKit's Turn

Spoiler: SCs and Armies (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2018, 11:12:55 am »

ANK->EVA
KOI->ANK
KIW->WES
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2018, 11:33:59 am »

The armies of Kiwis moved southwards.

Doomblade187's Turn

Spoiler: SCs and Armies (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2018, 11:46:19 am »

Hey Roboson, want to make a deal? You let me have CHU and ARA, and we don't fight for 10 years. At the end of those ten years we renew the peace deal if both of us agree on it. Oh, and I'll help you fight one other lord, as well as another lord for each time the peace deal is renewed. Short term, you lose one supply center and the chance to get another, as well as having a secure left flank. Long term, you gain an ally who will help you in your fight against another lord and gain you supply centers by the simple process of moving onto those supply centers and then leaving so you can get them. And no, I will not fight a lord you don't or won't directly fight, for obvious reasons.

Basically, you lose supply centers short term but gain supply centers and a powerful ally in the long term.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2018, 11:59:55 am »

Yeah I'm gonna have to say probably not to that. Looking at the geography here, it would be much better in the long run to have that secure supply center at ARA. Even if I have to take a risk and fight for it. It's really my only option that isn't directly going into another players territory. Meanwhile, you on the other hand, could just as easily head north and take the open territory of ZON as you could take ARA.

So, counter proposal, you leave me CHU and ARA, have a secure southern border and powerful ally, I help you fight against whoever, and we sweep eastward until victory is ours.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2018, 12:31:45 pm »

Only one can win. And did you not see the part where I'd support you in gaining the supply centers of another nation? You will inevitably have to face another lord to win, no doubt about it, so this idea you have that you can survive without fighting another lord is flawed. And ARA is not a long term goal at all, you could get it this year in fact. And, again, you would gain more than you lose in supply centers in the long run.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2018, 12:47:45 pm »

You not only misunderstand me, but also put words in my mouth. I did not say that I would not fight another lord, nor that ARA was a long term goal.

To be even more clear, I said it would be better for my long term survival, if I just killed you now, took ARA, and had a secure supply center far from where anyone else can get it.

So, my counter offer still stands. Leave ARA alone, go north, and take me as an ally. Or. Prepare for war.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2018, 01:03:05 pm »

it would be much better in the long run to have that secure supply center at ARA.
It's really my only option that isn't directly going into another players territory.
You literally did say that ARA was a long term goal. As for not fighting another lord, I found that the way you worded that sentence and your reply as a whole made me believe that you did not want to fight a lord. So it's less me misunderstanding you and more me misunderstanding a questionably worded post. For example, nothing about your original post said "I want to kill you" to me. It sounded more like you were bargaining for ARA and suggesting an altered version of the peace deal. For that matter, if you think it's better for you to kill me, why are we even having this argument?

As for your counter offer, I still disagree with you that it's better for your long term survival, but I can see that you are going to be stubborn about this. As I've said, you'd still gain more in the long run and ARA is just one supply center. In fact I expected you to be far more upset about the loss of CHU, so I'm a bit surprised at this argument. As for me going up north, I simply don't trust you enough to bring troops away from our border. And, again, only one can win. There is no alliance victory. That is why I worded my post such that we both help each other, but still can fight each other without breaking trust. Because it is inevitable that one of us would start doing better than the other, and at that point the only way to win would be to betray your ally. I simply don't trust you enough or know you well enough to trust you.

Please don't take this the wrong way by the way. I've had too many games, both forum and virtual, where people have taken it too far and gotten pissed at someone else for disagreeing with them or for eliminating them, and I'm sorry but your replies to my offer make you seem like that sort of person to me.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2018, 01:14:30 pm »

That's quite a bit of an extrapolation, and a pretty unfounded one.

I won't say anything to your character, as I won't stoop to your level, but your deal and your attitude is quite awful. I would have been fine being neighbors, but the reason I didn't discuss CHU at all is because that's a preposterous demand. Similarly, while less preposterous, I won't just give you ARA, which is why I was willing to give you a counter offer. It's your behavior that made me decide that it's better off fighting you

it would be much better in the long run to have that secure supply center at ARA.

Furthermore, please come to understand the difference between planning ahead and having goals.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2018, 02:28:09 pm »

I am sorry you feel that my attitude is awful, since I feel I have been very polite during this argument and said that last sentence in an attempt to make sure you remembered this is just a game and didn't get heated, something I felt was necessary. I will also admit I did misunderstand what you meant by ARA being better in the long run. However, saying you won't talk about my character due to not wanting to stoop to my level and then saying my attitude is awful in the same sentence is hypocritical and adds to my sentence mentioned in the last sentence of my previous post. As for why I believe that you are that sort of person, let me explain.

In a way, that sentence is inaccurate. I didn't necessarily just mean angry people, I more meant just people who act in a unsportsmanlike manner in general. Again, not the best way of explaining it, but let me explain. For my own personal ease, I have made this into a list of reasons why I have this belief, as well as further explaining some of my points. Again, don't take this like I am insulting you, I am just arguing my point and I apologize if I seem in any way condescending or insulting, as I do understand why writing a list criticizing someone may be seen like that, hence why I'm writing this sentence.
Spoiler: The List (click to show/hide)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2018, 03:12:59 pm »

It's really not worth my time to read that. In the future, when you insult someone, you may as well forgo saying you're not trying to insult them.

I'm not going to continue with your petty shenanigans, and I won't hold any grudges against you for your behavior here today. That said, may the dice decide the winner and lets stop detracting from the game at hand.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28