Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Primal:A prehistoric wildlife mod(630 animals)[50.xx]  (Read 49088 times)

Locksoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Primal:A prehistoric wildlife mod(610 animals)[47.05]
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2021, 04:40:49 pm »

Hey, so I hate to ask, but are Purussaurs bugged? Because when I slaughter them, they give out no parts or meat. Just now, one of my trainers that went to train them just stood there while two of them pranced around in a circle not far away from him instead of running up to him to be trained.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2021, 04:45:03 pm »

That’s odd, I’ll check their anatomy. Could you send me your save?

*I butchered a Purussaurus in the Arena and got the expected results. Are you playing with any other mods besides Primal?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:36:59 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Locksoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2021, 03:51:14 pm »

That’s odd, I’ll check their anatomy. Could you send me your save?

*I butchered a Purussaurus in the Arena and got the expected results. Are you playing with any other mods besides Primal?

Not any other mods, no. But I figured out the looping issue was because the two Purussaurs (females) had nestboxes in their pen and were ready to lay some unfertilized eggs. The trainer just came in at the wrong time, so they were looping because they couldn't decide whether to go to the trainer or to lay their eggs.

That said, I can only butcher them by marking them to be slaughtered. If they're straight up killed, like from another animal attacking or with the exterminate command from dfhack, and I place their corpses next to the butcher shop, the butcher wont recognize them as corpses.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 04:20:30 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Locksoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2021, 11:51:37 pm »

I think that might just be normal. It looks like there's a known bug in Vanilla that tame animals that died without being officially "slaughtered" can't be butchered.

Yeah, that's definitely it.

It's not really much of a problem at the moment anyway. If the animal dies of old age, then there's probably not really much to butcher at that point.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Primal:A prehistoric wildlife mod(630 animals)[47.05]
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2021, 12:05:26 am »

Well, hope you’re enjoying the mod! Glad we could figure out the issue.

*Released a minor update. It was bugging me that certain dinosaurs were lacking feathers that should probably have them, so that's fixed. Also, the dire wolf's description and color has been altered in light of the recent reclassification.

**Adjusted title after recounting animals.

***Released another small update to fix various little realism issues I've found as I work on the tileset. The tileset itself is about 58% done at the moment.

****One last update before the imminent graphics release. Along with numerous small tweaks, the big changes are that Australopithecus is no longer playable or sentient, and a selection of ancient animals such as sponges, horseshoe crabs, and lampreys from the vanilla game have been added to the main version. I've never liked the Australopithecus acting like buggy, overly intelligent humans, and with the later addition of the optional dinosaur men, they always felt obsolete as a replacement for the vanilla animal people. As for the second major change, I missed having horseshoe crabs in particular in worlds full of prehistoric creatures. I figured if keeping the gnomes required changing vanilla raws to keep Gnomeblight working, I might as well go all in.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 11:05:37 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I'm happy to announce that Primal now includes a complete tile pack, making it compatible with tilesets!

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Download:
Main version.
Modular.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 04:03:19 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

That's a lot of sprites, gotta love it :)

Looking through the sheets though I noticed some stray pixels on the shrub-ox, crocodilian and stegosaur baby sprites. Do these serve some function or are they just an error?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Probably just an error, but I’ll check.

*Thanks for the heads up, those were just some extra corner pixels I had put in to define the edges of the invisible borders and make it easier to align them properly. They were supposed to be deleted, so they're gone now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 11:26:00 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

So, this mod got featured in a Kruggsmash video. Thoughts on your stuff in a video by a *relatively* famous DF-tuber?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

So, this mod got featured in a Kruggsmash video. Thoughts on your stuff in a video by a *relatively* famous DF-tuber?

Thanks for asking, I was really happy with it! I liked getting to see Kruggsmash's take on the mod, and I'm hoping he'll play it again someday. I'm also looking forward to more people playing the mod as a result.

I do hope that the duped raws in the video don't confuse too many people into thinking the altered civs such as the goblin elves and the purring maggot blowgunner are the natural state of the mod, though. For anyone just looking at the mod now, Primal doesn't touch civilized creatures. It only adds extinct animals, and removes the normal ones in the non-modular version.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:32:20 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Primal:A prehistoric wildlife mod(630 animals)[47.05] (Now with graphics!)
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2021, 08:25:27 pm »

Very much enjoying this mod.  Replacing the cats and dogs with Velociraptors is something I found amusing.  Already started to document the game in "What's going on in your Fort?"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 08:27:58 pm by callisto8413 »
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2021, 10:29:08 pm »

Glad you're enjoying it, thanks! I'll definitely read the posts over there.
My mods and forum games.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2021, 12:12:48 am »

Question - I noticed there was a mod called Scourge's Extinct Creatures Mod.  At this point I am sure it is outdated but was wondering if inserting only one of the creatures would cause issues. 

You see, I am a huge fan of Neanderthals and would like to insert them into my next game.  Not my current game, of course, I don't like coding saves of games already being played.  Save files go bananas when you do stuff like that.

But I was wondering if there was anything in the Neanderthal file that was incompatible with your current mod?  Just asking.  Very much enjoying myself. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2021, 12:18:09 am »

No, Scourge’s Neanderthals should go well with Primal. I haven’t really tested it, but Primal’s animals have the EXTINCT class specifically so that those Neanderthals will tame them properly.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8