Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Primal:A prehistoric wildlife mod(630 animals)[50.xx]  (Read 48651 times)

Worgensnack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Primal:A prehistoric wildlife mod(610 animals)[47.04]
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2020, 05:33:40 pm »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2020, 05:45:07 pm »

You're welcome!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Striderdarnell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2020, 07:52:03 pm »

So many new creatures added! Amazing mod man, now I can have warlocks and dinosaurs together.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2020, 10:56:35 pm »

Thanks! Warlocks and dinosaurs sounds like a fun combination.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Jkjer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2020, 05:28:05 pm »

Love the mod, everything works perfectly. Just one thing though, I tried the modular and regular raws and both generate worlds without dwarves. It's a strange bug, I have kobolds labeled as goblin civs, and humans labeled as dwarves. When I embark all the members of my civ/embark are all human. Is there something im missing or is this just a bug?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2020, 05:53:34 pm »

If the modular version was installed correctly, it's not something caused by a duplication error, I checked for it. It seemed like it could have been one, but I don't really have the time to investigate further.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2020, 06:06:20 pm »

Love the mod, everything works perfectly. Just one thing though, I tried the modular and regular raws and both generate worlds without dwarves. It's a strange bug, I have kobolds labeled as goblin civs, and humans labeled as dwarves. When I embark all the members of my civ/embark are all human. Is there something im missing or is this just a bug?

That sounds like a raw duping error, but I tried reinstalling both versions on my end and I'm not getting the same bug. Could you please send me a copy of your raw folder?

Welcome to the forum, by the way!
My mods and forum games.

Jkjer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2020, 06:18:43 pm »

Tried reinstalling the vanilla df (was using lazy noob pack) everything works fine on vanilla df. Thanks for the advice and the great mod.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2020, 06:25:08 pm »

No problem, thanks!
My mods and forum games.

Jkjer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2020, 06:01:22 pm »

Wondering what embarks/biomes you would recommend for extra !fun! Also I've had so many human/elf traders die to the brontosaurs both of their civs declared war on me, amazing.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2020, 07:49:12 pm »

I'd definitely have to recommend an embark on a Terrifying wetland, grassland, or non-Taiga forest. That maximizes your odds of having to deal with attacks from undead tyrannosaurs. For extra fun, I'd embark on the edge and by the water, so one or two other biomes poke in and provide extra diversity. In the unlikely event you can fit a glacier, tundra, taiga, or mountain in there, those biomes provide Ice Age animals and the like to go with the dinosaurs coming from the evil landscape. Temperate shrublands provide more modern animals as well. Of course, a volcano is also a classic background for dinosaurs if you can find one of those.

Lol at the Brontosaurus War.
My mods and forum games.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2020, 03:09:45 pm »

Hey! Just wanna say thanks for making this mod. Ive been an on-again off-again DF player for about the last 10 years and have never actually used a mod before - crazy right? I messed with raws here and there but it was exclusively vanilla for me. So this was the first mod I've ever used. Ive gotta say, its a blast. As someone who loves dinosaurs (but far from an expert) I love having prehistoric critters walking around and promptly kicking my dwarves heads in. I also enjoy doing quick google searches on the different animals and being able to see renditions and other historical info of each thing that pops up.

So just wanted to say thanks and keep it up! Im sure there are many others enjoying the mod as well!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2020, 03:31:52 pm »

Hey! Just wanna say thanks for making this mod. Ive been an on-again off-again DF player for about the last 10 years and have never actually used a mod before - crazy right? I messed with raws here and there but it was exclusively vanilla for me. So this was the first mod I've ever used. Ive gotta say, its a blast. As someone who loves dinosaurs (but far from an expert) I love having prehistoric critters walking around and promptly kicking my dwarves heads in. I also enjoy doing quick google searches on the different animals and being able to see renditions and other historical info of each thing that pops up.

So just wanted to say thanks and keep it up! Im sure there are many others enjoying the mod as well!

Hey, thanks for the nice comment! Glad you're enjoying it!
My mods and forum games.

Jkjer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2020, 10:46:35 pm »

Wondering how one would add both vanilla and the dinos. Is it possible to include the giant animal, regular sized animals and the primal mod animals.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2020, 10:54:55 pm »

Wondering how one would add both vanilla and the dinos. Is it possible to include the giant animal, regular sized animals and the primal mod animals.

Sure, it’s possible. Just add the modular version of Primal to an otherwise vanilla copy of the raws.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8