Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Would you watch a stream of Dwarf Fortress on Twitch?

(1/4) > >>

Umbra Dwarf:
I recently got into streaming and have been considering streaming Dwarf Fortress in fortress mode. Before I check to see if this is a possibility, would anyone be willing to watch it? I would be using Lazy Newb Pack with a tileset and likely would provide a link to the game world I am using as well as an image of that world. At some point down the line I will narrate what the stream but lack the ability to do so right now. I would also change the world each new major stable release of Dwarf Fortress and the subsequent Lazy New Pack.

Should enough interest be shown in the community, I will dedicate a topic to the stream. Any thoughts or ideas?

Truncatedurist:
I would watch if there's at least more than just DF like a bit of DWARVEN HUMOR+5 and involvement of other random entertaining crap Kobold pit fighting.

Shonai_Dweller:
I would not as I can't imagine anything more boring, but there are many people who post about their twitch streams over at the Reddit forum, so it is apparently something people enjoy.

Umbra Dwarf:
I just tried to do a test to see if I can even stream it and ran into some issues. I use player.me as my OBS and when in use it will make Dwarf Fortress have an almost completely black screen with only a few other large pixels in some spots. If player.me is closed, it will leave dwarf fortress in an unplayable state where the colors are completely wrong and all of the pixels as large random squares.

I tried to do some research into this, but have not found an answer yet. I would appreciate any advice from anyone with experience.

therahedwig:
It's proly related to DF using openGL. I work on an open source application(Krita), which uses opengl, and we had a lot of people come in with trouble streaming through OBS because OBS has trouble recording OpenGL screens. The problem should go away when using either something called 'game mode' in OBS, or by changing the drawing mode to something else, so DF won't be using openGL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version