Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My ice dragons freeze to death and fire dragons melt (solved)  (Read 1861 times)

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
My ice dragons freeze to death and fire dragons melt (solved)
« on: December 26, 2018, 05:58:20 pm »

When I spawn a white dragon, it immediately dies by freezing. Likewise, a red dragon melts upon unpausing the object testing arena.

Here are the dragons I am working on:http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14164

I copied the wiki's Dragon/raw for the DRAGON_LESSER at the top of the file. This isn't intended to be a spawnable creature, but rather a template I can COPY_TAGS_FROM. These are also based on something posted in an old civilization thread by user Rex Invictus. I admit to being an utter novice at modding.

I tried to make the chromatic dragons from DND, but with some flavorful deviations from the norm: Blue dragons "strike lightning" by means of a short-lived syndrome injected by the horn; Green dragons have spider recluse venom on bite in lieu of breath weapon; black dragons exhale a cone of noxious vapors. Red and white dragons are to function as they do in dnd; I haven't gotten around to figuring out the material for frostbreath yet.

How do I fix my dragons so that they don't immediately succumb to themselves?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 07:49:16 pm by that_eye »

TheMightyPepper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: My ice dragons freeze to death and fire dragons melt
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 06:38:30 pm »

[HOMEOTHERM:14000] & [HOMEOTHERM:9508] are your problem.

Homeotherm is internal temperature, my guess is it's something to do with using the default bones and scales defined in the raws, you could create new tissues which can deal with more extreme temperatures or just change homeotherm back to [HOMEOTHERM:10040]

Robot1Bot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 07:27:32 pm »

Put this at the end of the red dragon and white dragon creature files
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It will make them both immune to freezing and melting

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 07:48:59 pm »

Thanks, Guys! Robot1bot's text at the end works, making both dragons immune to dragonfire which was what I was hoping for! Thanks again everyone!