Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Editing Raws  (Read 597 times)

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Editing Raws
« on: December 26, 2018, 10:53:17 pm »

I have four main questions:
1. To get a raw edit to work, do I have do edit the raws each for the specific save, the region, and the general game?
2. Can I make slade diggable just by removing the [UNDIGGABLE] tag, or do I have to change the physical properties? (And vice versa, does an undiggable tag alone make something else undiggable?)
3. How does changing the HOMEOTHERM temperature work?
4. is there any way I can get my dorfs to vomit magma. Any at all.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Raws
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 01:19:47 am »

1. It depends on what you want to do. If you want to affect worldgen with your changes, then hit the main files. If you're trying to change something in your fortress, you'll have to hit the save file.

4. You might try getting into the material definitions and finding the ones for magma and vomit. Then copy and paste magma into vomit. Your dwarf will probably burn soon after, unless you change their other body materials to withstand temperatures higher than magma.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 06:08:28 am »

2. Did you try digging up from Hell into undiscovered slab yet? Just make sure your stone stockpile uses wheelbarrows, as I hear it will take years to drag it up and keep hope slab won't get stuck inside of it. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 07:07:43 am »

2. it's just UNDIGGABLE
3. HOMEOTHERM is homeostasis temperature, i.e. normal body temperature, that's basically all there is to it?
4. replace their vomit mat with obsidian