Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An interesting propsition  (Read 738 times)

Argentum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An interesting propsition
« on: December 27, 2018, 05:36:56 pm »

I just had a goblin axe lord vampire show up at my fort asking to become a mercenary. He is wearing numerous masterwork items and I am tempted to accept him just to view his history and kills.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An interesting propsition
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:49:49 pm »

You can open the game in legends mode to look at that info. I'd use DFHack to quicksave, open-legends, exportlegends info, die, import the exported XML files into Legends Viewer. The vanilla way is to save, copy the save, retire the copy, start the copy in legends mode.

The reason the game is killed after export in the DFHack version is that there's a bug that corrupts the save of saved after returning from Legends Mode, and that bug is not confirmed to be fixed.

Argentum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:53:38 pm »

Looks like I am going to have to do that. I accepted him, but it says he has no kills. I think it is not displaying them because even though he was announced as a Goblin Macelord Vampire, he is still acting like a vampire and using a fake name, because the name he used to petition for residency is not the name he is displayed as, so I think he is also hiding his kills like most vampires do. But it seems that long-term residents do not respect burrows, so I may have to find another way to prevent him from drinking my dwarves.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 03:23:35 am »

Vampires in search of a "drink" ignore all orders anyway.