Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Henshin Hero in an Apocalpse  (Read 4342 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Henshin Hero in an Apocalpse
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 01:12:35 am »

Which part?

Because Henshin (Rider) got yah name as they announce Henshin as they morphed.

Also artwork with said riders to show off their cyborg parts.

https://goo.gl/images/18uTa4   

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 05:18:53 pm »

Guess belt and melee won. Figured the grey world would win. No guesses as to the settings, huh? Shame. The other types (automata, ranged, etc) will show up at some point.

A vast stretch of a ruined world, spanning miles. Far as the eye could perceive. You feel the area above your groin to check--yes, your belt is still there. So that means . . . it worked! You escaped your dying world only to end up in . . . one that's already dead. There aren't any signs of what could've caused this world's end. Only the aftermath of the ruins, a testament to what could've been. Nearby, there is an overturned vehicle--a type of desert buggy--rusted beyond all hell. At least this world was at a decent tech level.

Before you have time to daydream, you hear, in the distance, something like a police siren. Seems to be a fair distance away. Peering in their general direction, you spot what looks like a ruined city. Small, but definitely a city. You can just make out the skyline, and you have enough sunlight to see well enough. It could be a good move to go towards civilization before dark, and you could even get your bearings there too.

<< CHOICE >>
> Head towards the city with the sirens. You'll see if you can shack up for a night then get your bearings in the morning.
> Avoid the city and the sirens. Keep walking until you find a point of interest.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 06:05:25 pm »

I say head towards the siren, but do so carefully. Try to keep something between you and whatever it is that could be watching the roads. Decent tech levels could mean decent snipers. If you're lucky, you've got an ally. Police should be with you on the whole "making the world a better place" thing.
At worst, we get to see how effective our fighting is here. So we know how careful we should play this.

Also, chin up. A dead world is at least a little safer compared to a dying world. You skipped the lethal apocalypse, now it's just picking up the pieces and rebuilding.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 05:18:55 am »

I say head towards the siren, but do so carefully. Try to keep something between you and whatever it is that could be watching the roads. Decent tech levels could mean decent snipers. If you're lucky, you've got an ally. Police should be with you on the whole "making the world a better place" thing.
At worst, we get to see how effective our fighting is here. So we know how careful we should play this.

Also, chin up. A dead world is at least a little safer compared to a dying world. You skipped the lethal apocalypse, now it's just picking up the pieces and rebuilding.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

Damn. Thought you guys would have noticed the invisitext in the last update. Melee and belt won, and I said that no one has guessed the setting yet.

+1

You begin to lightly jog toward the sirens, passing nothing but the flat, dull landscape and occasional metal wreckage as you go. It, luckily, takes only a few minutes to reach the "city". How the tall buildings still stand with several chunks of their structure missing is a mystery. A few are even bent or leaning on other buildings. But that's not the most important thing right now. Once you're in the city the sirens stop, but soon enough you find what you think is their source: a large, wheeled vehicle of some sort with people in purple, white and black uniforms standing atop it. Soldiers below them, clad in black and grey with purple trim, scatter this way and that, securing a perimeter by the looks of things. Those who are civilians either scatter or kneel with their hands behind their heads. Looks like they're used to whatever is going on right now.

One of the purple-wearing people atop the large metallic vehicle holds his hand up and begins speaking. "Citizens of Area 03..." He sounds young. Almost your age--maybe a little older? Maybe. Area 03? Where is this place?

He continues. "This is the mandatory monthly roundup. If you are a User you know what to do: line up single file with your hands behind your head and approach our designated MARS or GRASS officials. You have five minutes to comply."

You're peering from around the corner of a tall building, having yet to be discovered. All this is...very confusing, to say the least. Obviously you have no idea what's going on, but this doesn't even seem the least bit understandable. Are these the good guys, you wonder. Or, are they the ones responsible for THIS world's apocalypse?

For a moment, the memory of your homeworld stings your frontal cortex, as if the wound of having to leave it behind was a transgression permanently burned into it. But now isn't the time to sulk. Now is the time to either act, or at the very least, get answers.

<< CHOICE >>
> Approach a civilian/citizen, ask them about . . . (CHOOSE 2)
>> What MARS is.
>> What GRASS is.
>> What a User is.
>> What's going on.
>> Write in.

> Approach one of these "MARS" or "GRASS" people, ask them about . . . (CHOOSE 1)
>> What MARS is.
>> What GRASS is.
>> What a User is.
>> What's going on.
>> Write in.

> Do something else.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:42:30 pm by Outsider »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 05:18:35 am »

> Do something else.
Lets not approach, for now we shall observe, we should probably get in to a better hiding spot as well. 
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 05:32:35 am »

> Do something else.
Lets not approach, for now we shall observe, we should probably get in to a better hiding spot as well.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »

> Do something else.

Before doing anything else, you get to a better hiding spot. Ah--this empty building you were huddled against should do. The windows are gone and their rectangular housing is plenty wide enough to accommodate your entry. You wince as you step on broken glass since you're trying to be hidden, but no one seems to notice your noise. Lucky.

You watch as the citizens line up neatly and walk forward, towards that wheeled fortress . . .

"Hey! You!" One of the black-clad soldiers--MARS you assume--seems to be accosting someone for doing...something. You hazard a peek out the windowframe.

"Yeah, you", he continues. "Line's that way". It appears this person being yelled at, wearing a tattered cloak with hood, was intentionally going away from the rest of the group.

"Oops", replies the stranger in an almost playful tone. "I just had to take a potty break. Hope you don't mind!" You'd guess this is either a female or a small child. Their tone carries a youthful airiness to it. "Say", they go on. "You got any of those moist towelettes the Outer Cities have?"

The MARS soldier was having none of it. "Wiseguy?, huh?" He begins ominously approaching the stranger, whose face you can't see. But you swear you feel them grinning. He raises his rifle to butt them with the stock, but a sharp "OOF!" escapes his lips before he doubles over and falls to his knees. This, of course, earns attention from other MARS operatives in the area.

"What the--You got a death wish or something?" One of them asks rhetorically. "All you have to do is get in line to be checked and processed. But since you wanna play rough . . ." This is about to get ugly. You can't get a good look at the purple-wearing fellow atop the mobile fortress. In fact, you can't see any of them from this angle. What you can see are several MARS soldiers getting ready to do this cloaked guy in. Which, given their guns and armor, doesn't exactly increase his odds of survival.

"Oh, it's playtime already? Sure, let's rock! I'm gonna make a meal out of you morons!" The cloaked figure whips out a fancy looking device. It's flat, rectangular, and has small coloured lights arranged around it. He holds it close to his face. You're still guessing it's a guy? It IS, right? Well, they press a button before a voice comes from...the device?

Quote from: ???'s Device
IT'S MEALTIME!

. . . So, that must be it. They, like you, are a Tuner. Other worlds have Tuners too?

"I think SOFT SHELL ought to take care of you, don't you think?" The cloaked figure presses a button on his device before it responds again. You're almost leaning out the window at this point before you remember you're HIDING. You didn't expect to find someone with similar abilities to yours in another world!

By now, the MARS operatives are rushing to apprehend this stranger. Why they don't just shoot him is a mystery, though you're sure there's some reason for it.

SOFT SHELL!

The cloaked figure dodges a few punches and rifle butts before jumping on a destroyed car. He then snaps his fingers. In an instant, a bright, yellowish light engulfs his entire body, as the shape of a taco shell appears over the light, covering his body with it, before finishing his transformation off with a sombrero and desert poncho. An arrangement of light beige, red, green, white and a little black are the colours for this form. A pretty sleek, agile-looking one, by the way. Pretty impressive, overall. You haven't seen a form like that one before.

Without wasting any time, he quickly gets to work. His speed and agility are amazing! A nice jump kick from the car put two MARS operatives down for the count! Of course, they go for the typical punches, which are countered -- one with a broken wrist, the other being flipped and spinning a few times mid-air before landing roughly on his face -- then come the rifle butts. The rifles end up being used against them as well.

Finally, one gets the bright idea to shoot him with his rifle instead! But he just dodges. "That's no fair", he taunts. "If you're gonna use your firepower..." he pauses to press a button as several coloured objects -- looking strangely similar to beans -- appear in a circle, hovering in midair. He touches the red bean. "Then I'm gonna use some too!"

BEAN! RED DEAD HEAT!

His form doesn't change, save for a small flame icon on his sombrero and coiling flames that wrap around his arms in a blazing inferno. "Caution: This stuff's hot!" He returns to making short work of the MARS men. The flames giving his attacks the added spice he . . . really didn't need. But wanted to use anyway. One operative goes flying back several yards into a wall. While the last handful are quickly dispatched. As expected.

"There", he finishes, dusting his palms. "I told ya SOFT SHELL would do the job!" The flames slowly vanish, while this fellow stands there in a triumphant pose.

<< CHOICES >>
A) What just happened?
B) "Dude! That was awesome!" Proceed to geek out by making explosion noises.
C) Continue observation.
D) Ask soft shell man some questions (pick 2).
E) Do something else (what)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 06:12:35 am »

It's time to come out of hiding and talk, first we should ask him what happened to this place, and second we should ask him what the solders were about.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 06:14:16 am »

It's time to come out of hiding and talk, first we should ask him what happened to this place, and second we should ask him what the solders were about.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 05:01:45 pm »

+1

"Wow", you say, walking towards the soft shell man and temporarily forgetting about the other guys on top of that...whatever it is. "That was pretty impressive". You stop at the car he's still standing on. Upon hearing your compliment he puts his fists on his hips and stands up straight as an arrow.

"And that's not even the most of what I can do!" You chuckle a bit at his cheesy grin. "But anyway, thanks uh...random citizen. Just trying to help the Mainland live a day without those Outer clowns and their thugs messing things up." He sighs before glancing at the purple-clad gang atop that giant vehicle. "You wanna chat, huh? Not to be rude, but make it quick. Because now that I've outed myself as a Tuner they'll be on my ass."

You blink at all of that. "...Okay", you mutter. "Slow down for me. What exactly happened to this place? 'The Mainland' is it?"

The taco man's shoulders slump as he gives you a look as though you ran through a supermarket butt naked. "Huh? What do you mean 'what happened'? This is the Mainland and it's always been a shithole."

So then their apocalypse has long since passed? Interesting. "So then if it's a shithole, what's with all the soldiers you took care of? What would an army want with a 'shithole', as you put it?"

Taco man's shoulders only slump even more and he sighs. "Did you hit your head or something? They're with MARS. Let me guess: 'What's MARS', right? Look, just called them Area Response for now. They're the Union's army. Those guys", he gestures at the purple strangers again, "are with the Union too. Just more like, uh...more advanced. More like a special group of military forces. Isn't there a word for that? A force that is special. Hmm."

"The Navy SEALs!" you exclaim before wincing. You were just excited to actually understand what he was getting at. Usually, these out-of-place situations go differently. Yours is going well so far, all things considered.

"Navy? SEALs? So, the Union has a navy now? Wait, how do you know--"

"What we are..."-- You whip around to see...one of those very strangers striding toward you confidently. It's the young kid you spied earlier. He's very clean cut and sharp. Must come from a traditionally military family, you guess. "Is an elite military organization meant to keep all Gifteds in check. And I do mean all. Including you, taco boy. I let the spectacle continue as it entertained me, but now it's over, and it's time for me to do my job."

"Uh, what's going on?"

"I think we're about to resist arrest...or something.", taco man mutters, jumping off the car and leaning towards your ear. "And don't call me taco boy, you walking grape! Firstly, I have breasts. Secondly . . . I didn't think this far ahead. But I would've said something cool!" You facepalm gently, sighing a slight 'WTF'. The being-a-girl thing surprised you a bit; you've been wrong before. The surprising part? That this is the same champion who just took out a small army. Miss Comedic Relief Who is Also a Ditz.

"Right", comes the walking grape's reply. "So I'll introduce myself. I am Elite Captain Lansor Burnside. I'll skip the speech and get right to the part where you comply. I'll forgive you thrashing my men, as they were due for a proper thrashing anyway. But I won't allow the obstruction of a sanctioned government operation. I'll wait, as I'm sure you'll comply."

<< CHOICE >>
> You've been here a few hours, and are only slightly more clued in as to where you are and what situation you teleported into. Demand to know what the actual FUCK is going on!
> Say something to Lansor (pick).
> Say something to taco girl (pick).
> Do something else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 06:19:00 am »

"What a gifted?"

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 06:26:30 am »

"What a gifted?"
+1
OOC: We have that thing that soft shell have, iirc, right?

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 03:35:43 pm »

"I'm not playing your games", Lansor says. "You know good and well what a Gifted is, I'm sure. Why, its definition is practically gift wrapped in the context of this situation."

You're not 100% sure, but you feel like he just low-key insulted you.

The taco girl takes this time to fill you in discretely. "Psst. A Gifted is anyone with like, cool abilities and shit. Or crazy technology."

Huh. Makes sense.

It looks like this Lansor guy wants you to turn yourself in. But why? You haven't even done anything. You just got here! Besides, you don't know what passes for a prison in this world, and by the time you find out it may be too late. Best not take any chances with this fool!

<< CHOICE >>
> "Hey taco girl. If we're gonna take this guy on do you have a plan?"
> "Hey taco girl. Do you know this guy at all? Any info on him?"
> Ask her something else. (pick)
> Do something else. (pick)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 03:37:41 pm »

"Hey taco girl. If we're gonna take this guy on do you have a plan?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3