Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mandatory Volunteer - A Game about Testing Magic Wands  (Read 1285 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mandatory Volunteer - A Game about Testing Magic Wands
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 03:11:01 pm »

Put both wands in my pocket. Slip out of my shoes,and disengage the collapsed horse from its wagon. Fire a random wand at it.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 03:16:49 pm »

Grab another- Shake at someone else.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 04:56:52 pm »

Take myself to the inn, tavern, or, failing that, the nice old lady who cooks the best. Sell the fish and then get something to eat.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 06:06:52 pm »

collect a wand from the ground that fell off the wagon while it near-missed me.  point it at a tree and see what happens.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2019, 09:15:11 pm »

John the Mason simply ignores his burns and decides to join in on the Wand testing. Firing his wand at the sky, he ponders what its effects might be. Gasps of Shock from the surrounding villagers tells him something is not entirely right. Looking down at himself he realizes that he has turned into a tentacled monstrosity...and has a strange craving for brains...he finds himself able to read other peoples minds aswell.

Seeing the event Noname decides that he wants something like that...and fires a random wand at himself. The Wand barely scorches his clothes and leaves him unaffected. Oddly enough nothing else happens either...

Paul pockets his two wands, slips out of his shoes and decides to test another wand on the unconscious horse. He shoots the horse causing it to slip back into consciousness thanks to a gaping hole in its flank and then instantly to start frothing at the mouth seeing Nowork using a wand with the same spell.

Nowork originally aiming at Paul decides to instead fire on the clearly maddened horse charging at him. The magic missile almost rips its head off, killing it instantly. Within microseconds not only the horse vanishes but also all the salmons in Rat Chasers pockets as he went on his way back to Woodhere.

Dustan the Blacksmith having had his near-death experience decides to let off some steam by torturing innocent trees with one of the wands strewn about the roadside. He fires it at the tree and starts breaking out in a panic as he realizes that he has in fact shot his own wife. Some of the villagers wonder why the Blacksmith is crying over a dying troll, some others why he is hugging a dead weasel and Paul ponders whether he should shoot the horse Dustan is crying over as well.

Johns wand turns him into an Illithid!
Nonames wand seems to have no effect?
Pauls wand turns anyone mad that witnesses the spell magic missile
Noworks wand seems to vanish food in a certain radius...
Dustans wand causes the target to be constantly mistaken for someone or something else...
Andre the messenger comes up the road looking what all the commotion is about...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 09:26:45 pm »

Pocket the Antifood wand- grab a new one- fire once more towards random targets.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 09:44:15 pm »

Grab 5 or 6 wands and head into the wilderness of nodragon

"Hey uh- I'm gonna go test my wands in the forest. You guys like shooting your wands at other people too much."
el basurero

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 09:51:28 pm »

remember that I’m a bachelor. be confused as to who I just attacked since they can’t be my wife.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:17:09 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 10:42:48 pm »

John decides that being an illithid is awesome, and zaps Noname with the illithid wand.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 10:59:37 pm »

Put the madness wand in my other pocket, then shoot a random wand at the wandmaker's tower.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 03:50:25 am »

Find sheep, bring to test zone. Gather all unremarkable wands.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 04:41:11 am »

Take a handful of wands and wave them all slowly at a nearby tree
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 10:41:58 am »

Drop the wand I had and grab another one and shake it at a rock.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 11:13:09 am »

Grab a wand and start shooting at nearby trees.
Pages: 1 2 [3]