Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intruder! You did not identify yourself.  (Read 1383 times)

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Intruder! You did not identify yourself.
« on: December 28, 2018, 06:23:00 pm »

So I just loaded up a new adventure game and the mead hall I spawned in as a hearthperson was in total chaos, with everybody yelling "Identify yourself!" at each other, and then attacking each other. When the fighting was all over, the survivors said "Identify yourself!" to me, so I did, even though they were supposedly a mix of people I'd known my whole life and people I'd known their whole lives. Then they just kept yelling it at me until I stopped responding, at which point they all attacked me. When I tried to talk to them to find out what they thought I did wrong, they would yell a mix of "Intruder! You did not identify yourself" and "The [group name] are my comrades, but that doesn't change the facts. You did not identify yourself!"

So I fled the mead hall and went into the town, where everybody pulled the same thing on me.

does anybody have any idea what's going on here? it's probably notable that every single npc in the entire town seemed to be using an alias because the name when I highlighted them was different from the name in their description.

Edit: (and other sites work normally so it's just this site)

trib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intruder! You did not identify yourself.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 07:56:07 am »

Sounds like a loyalty cascade in progress, probably started from a bar brawl or something, it usually stays contained in the starting location too. No idea why they assumed identities though, revolutionaries trying to blend in? Wouldn't surprise me tbh, loyalty cascades are emergent behavior too.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:01:05 am by trib »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:02:43 am »

A plausible explanation, Intruder, but that does not change the facts. You did not identify yourself!

trib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 08:04:42 am »

A plausible explanation, Intruder, but that does not change the facts. You did not identify yourself!

It was inevitable.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 09:14:41 am »

Rumrusher has helped to explain that these 'known for  your life' links are false because all histfigs when first loaded in are blank and not worldly enough, and they may not actually know the people who they refer to query about quests/guide travellers until they've had a few moments to aquaint themselves.

You could suitably create a issue report or add onto the existing one.

Only adventurers (visitors) leave and travel on the map to accrue experience of other beings.