Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Blob's Story [SG]  (Read 2818 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Blob's Story [SG]
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:35:08 am »

In a dark and distant forest, a primitive blob has awoken to its unremarkable existence...

You are sitting on the ground, slowly sucking dirt particles through your acidic innards. They taste awful. As your first act of free will, you try to find something else to eat, though touch and taste are your only guides. *scoot scoot* You slide over a patch of grass and stop, because wow it's delicious! You congratulate yourself on the discovery, and wait for the meal to dissolve. +1 XP

You detect tiny particles of grass flavor in the air, along with the flavor of something new. Wood! Mushrooms! Then, a sudden wind brings with it the taste of water. More discoveries await you! +1 XP

To your surprise, the grass still hasn't digested. You want to eat it... and it suddenly dissolves! It seems your new awareness has granted you greater control over your body. You wonder what else you are capable of. +1 XP
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:17:06 am by Pavellius »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Blob's Story [SG]
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 06:22:47 am »

I guess we go and eat more grass.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 06:44:15 am »

uwu aggressively.

Also try to extend part of yourself to give you more reach, a psuedopod.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:47:33 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:56:39 am »

Welp, we've been reincarnated as a slime folks! Step one is to sharpen our sences, so we can maybe see later.
Think deeply about scents, wonder if we can determine our surroundings if we smell hard enough.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:38:40 pm »

I've taken an interest in sympathetic mimics lately.  Let's be a mimic.

Try to imitate the most interesting thing in your environment, which is probably a mushroom.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 02:54:07 pm »

Sprout an eyestalk to examine the world better.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 10:12:06 pm »

Suffer an existential crisis from somehow knowing what grass, wood and mushrooms are despite never encountering them before. develop self-awareness as a result.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 10:36:50 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 11:41:24 pm »

Suffer an existential crisis from somehow knowing what grass, wood and mushrooms are despite never encountering them before. develop self-awareness as a result.
+1
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 12:49:15 am »

+1
+1

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 01:41:37 am »

I guess we go and eat more grass.
+1
*Scoot nom scoot nom* How filling! Grass contains energy, and you contain grass. +1 EP

uwu aggressively.

Also try to extend part of yourself to give you more reach, a psuedopod.

uwu what's this? Is that a pseudopod or are you just happy to see me?
You alter your shape to form a pseudopod. No material is added or subtracted.

The 'pod absorbs a mushroom. Sour! Must be an acquired taste. Oh, that's poison. +1 XP -5 HP (5/10) On the plus side, your goo will be poisonous for a little while.

Welp, we've been reincarnated as a slime folks! Step one is to sharpen our sences, so we can maybe see later.
Think deeply about scents, wonder if we can determine our surroundings if we smell hard enough.
The Goo tastes all: More sour mushrooms, and some sweeter ones, can be found ahead. (Let's call this direction "Gnorth") Something is rotting some distance to the Gwest. There is a little fresh water Gwestwards, and a lot of it Antignorthwards. +1 XP

I've taken an interest in sympathetic mimics lately.  Let's be a mimic.

Try to imitate the most interesting thing in your environment, which is probably a mushroom.
You consider the shape and composition of that nasty mushroom. - 4 XP

Poisonous Mushroom Form learned! It costs 2 EP to morph into it and nothing to morph back. Morphing does not affect your HP.

Sprout an eyestalk to examine the world better.
Excuse me, sir, what's an eye? Sight is a privilege reserved for higher lifeforms.
Spoiler:  Maybe this will help (click to show/hide)

+1
+1
It's too late. You already have self-awareness!

(You only learn a little about objects from their particles, but you like to give names to the flavors.)

Your goo will lose its poisonous property after the next turn. (There will be no further damage.)
Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:22:32 am by Pavellius »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 02:05:09 am »

Eat some more grass to get energy, then heal our lost hitpoints! Also, see if we can digest a rock. If we can't digest it, see if we can control where it is in our form.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 02:45:53 am »

Eat some more grass to get energy, then heal our lost hitpoints! Also, see if we can digest a rock. If we can't digest it, see if we can control where it is in our form.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 03:05:20 am »

PTW
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 04:28:19 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2