Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead/Missing unit  (Read 786 times)

Romi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dead/Missing unit
« on: January 14, 2019, 07:13:08 am »

Is there anyway to filter/sort the unit list(u) dead/missing section to show only those units which are deceased and wasn't put to rest, and zoom in on their body location to figure out why?

Also on that list, what does it mean when unit names are blinking? I have couple of deceased soldiers whose names are blinking, and I know for a fact that they are buried in a coffin.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:15:58 am by Romi »

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dead/Missing unit
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:56:22 am »

No, there are no sorting options for this menu. Not yet. Maybe later, when DF will be more complete and Toady will get to programming all those utility sorts in all those menus.

Historical people and monsters are blinking, as to signify their historic importance. I am always puzzled, when using bridge on blinking monsters, as maybe there could be some specialty coffins for those in fortress mode, which could add to fortress fame, important and such?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 08:58:58 am »

To locate corpses, you'll have to go via the stocks screen. There's a section for corpses, and by using <TAB> you get to a detailed listing, from which you can zoom to an individual object.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 03:12:36 pm »

Also on that list, what does it mean when unit names are blinking? I have couple of deceased soldiers whose names are blinking, and I know for a fact that they are buried in a coffin.

Meaning of blinking depends. On your people (and many other) it means that the blinking guy has one or more skill at a very high level skill (LEV 11 I think), so your elite soldiers blink, even after death. On beasts and the like it either means they earned it (by being nasty) or were born with it (like forgotten beasts).

Romi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 05:02:42 pm »

Thanks for the help everyone.