Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Repopulating a race with the help of adventurers  (Read 1769 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Repopulating a race with the help of adventurers
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:14:27 pm »

I've generated a world where humans are extinct. However, outsider humans are playable (probably scattered survivors of wars). Is it possible to recreate human civ by starting with a bunch of male and female adventurers, retiring them in dorf fort, then having those ex-adventurers procreate?

I am aware that adventurer marriage was unimplemented in previous versions (not without dfhack). Is this feature implemented?

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Repopulating a race with the help of adventurers
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 01:00:14 pm »

By default adventurers are asexual but that can be changed using gui/gm-editor in df-hack. So maybe

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:23:38 pm »

By default adventurers are asexual but that can be changed using gui/gm-editor in df-hack. So maybe

Do you know what the command is? Or where I can read about it?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 01:41:01 pm »

Unfortunately it is not possible to use fix-fert to give adventurers normal mamalian behavior (adventurer seem to not only be asexual, but to have no sexuality at all, if it makes sense). But neverfear, parthenogenesis is an option. You need to make multiple female adventurers and use the ... impregnate function in dfhack. I believe it is not part of dfhack included scripts, so you would have to look for it in the forums (or here). The babies will be normal and will grow up to be well adjusted adults with a healthy sexuality, ready to repopulate the world.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:46:24 pm by Cathar »

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:32:13 pm »

Do you know what the command is? Or where I can read about it?

cthe command in df hack is gui/gm-editor and to use it on adventurers you need to press z or look at them enter the command and the setting for sexuality should be in the soul which I can't really remember where it is in the editor but if searched for a short amount of time should easily (or not) be found.