Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I delete items in adventurer mode? [jump on camp fire and drop items!]  (Read 1864 times)

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I delete items in adventurer mode?

I am considering to add a custom "destroy item" reaction into raw/objects/reaction_other.txt for the adventure mode, which should solve lots of issues with too many items there. Using axe as tool? Using carpenter skill maybe? Btw, reaction for stoneaxe is not using any skill. Any ideas why not carpentry? It is after all a wooden tool with stone head from knapper skill attached to it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:51:20 pm by Sarmatian123 »

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I delete items in adventurer mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 11:16:38 am »

If you want to feel like a very little man with hairy feet, you could haul all the things you want to destroy to a volcano and dump it inside it. (If you don't like your char then you can dump him, too.) This would be the dwarven way of deleting unwanted stuff.
If you want to create reactions then it will be a chore as you need many different ones for all the types/materials you want to be destroyed. You can do it but it will take some time.
You could use df hack to some extend - a handy tool in fortress mode to destroy autodumped items en masse. For adventure mode you will have to delete them all one by one though.

Concerning your last question: You can add related skills to reactions. If you want to train carpentry by building/using the wooden axe then it's no problem to do so by editing the related raw.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:50:09 pm »

If you want to feel like a very little man with hairy feet, you could haul all the things you want to destroy to a volcano and dump it inside it. (If you don't like your char then you can dump him, too.) This would be the dwarven way of deleting unwanted stuff.
If you want to create reactions then it will be a chore as you need many different ones for all the types/materials you want to be destroyed. You can do it but it will take some time.

Aw! That makes me very sad. I was hoping for miracle cure here... not 100 reactions for 100 different materials. Magma will be a problematic find in adventure mode. :(

You could use df hack to some extend - a handy tool in fortress mode to destroy autodumped items en masse. For adventure mode you will have to delete them all one by one though.

In past I had issues installing DFHack on Ubuntu and I rather prefer to not to have windows programs. Plus wine is broken in 18.04 and I would need to use earlier version. Messy affair that unstable Ubuntu, as Ubuntu maintainers are using "unstable" as excuse to mindlessly butcher each and every release.

Concerning your last question: You can add related skills to reactions. If you want to train carpentry by building/using the wooden axe then it's no problem to do so by editing the related raw.

Already added that carpentry skill. :) Thanks!

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 03:02:50 pm »

My DF crashed!
DF can't handle master quality stone axes!
I traded one master quality stone axe for steal battleaxe and now game crashes every time I try to reenter this dwarf's location.
2 hours of skilling carpentry wasted grr... grr... grr...
Change in skill _REVERTED_!

PS. I did few more fatal trades for steel battleaxe. Without modified stoneaxe with the usual stuff I find in cabinets. They all crashed too. I will try just gifting the dwarf all trade items first and see which causes the crash. There maybe hope I could keep that change in skill. Still 2h wasted as I deleted the save. I let you know later, after some testing how it goes...

PS. 2. I found trade which wasn't causing crash. Then I donated exceptional quality stone axe. Checked for crash... and nothing happened. Now Dwarf has strapped to his back 1 no quality rhyolite axe, 1 exceptional quality rhyolite axe and 1 magically spawned from thin air copper battleaxe, while I have on my back freshly purchased from this Dwarf steel battleaxe. Change in skill _RE-REVERTED_. Now, I am going to skill hell out of this carpentry skill. :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:33:15 pm by Sarmatian123 »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 04:59:52 pm »

How do I delete items in adventurer mode?

I am considering to add a custom "destroy item" reaction into raw/objects/reaction_other.txt for the adventure mode, which should solve lots of issues with too many items there. Using axe as tool? Using carpenter skill maybe? Btw, reaction for stoneaxe is not using any skill. Any ideas why not carpentry? It is after all a wooden tool with stone head from knapper skill attached to it.

Two vanilla DF methods that don't require modding:

You can start a campfire, jump onto the campfire and then drop the unwanted items. That's one way to clean up.

The other is to drop the items on a tile where you've build a camp site and then build on that tile.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have added to reaction_other.txt following reaction:

[REACTION:DESTROY_STONE_AXE]
   [NAME:destroy stone axe]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:axe:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STONE_AXE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:tool:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_EDGE]
   [SKILL:CARPENTRY]

I restarted DF and nothing showed up in x-menu. So I added following category to it:

[CATEGORY:DESTROY_ITEMS]
   [CATEGORY_NAME:Destroy items]
   [CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Destroy items.]

It still is not showing up. I feel like I am missing something. Does it need adventure to be started anew to show up in x-menu?

Two vanilla DF methods that don't require modding:

You can start a campfire, jump onto the campfire and then drop the unwanted items. That's one way to clean up.

The other is to drop the items on a tile where you've build a camp site and then build on that tile.

Wow! The jumping on camp fire worked. I removed tone of stone axes from my game. Thanks! :D

Why DF wikipedia has no entry in adventure mode about this fix to vanilla game? :S