Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact Item didn't spawn  (Read 1110 times)

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
Artifact Item didn't spawn
« on: January 05, 2019, 05:19:52 am »

So, I'm raiding a vault, trying to get a slab, and I reach the end, and nothing at all. So I'm curious if theres a way to 'recover' a missing artifact. I've even gone to the two other in this world and the same thing has happened, so hopefully that says exactly how far I'm willing to go to get at least one of these artifacts.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact Item didn't spawn
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 06:12:14 am »

DF sometimes fails to connect rooms underground for some reason. However you should check every item on floor, as it can be covering stairs.

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 08:12:07 am »

I've used DF hack and checked every level of the vault with the look command with no slab in sight.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:52:04 pm »

DFHack then makes it obvious it is not there no more. Maybe it was stolen by a kea? Check legends. Then look around. Ask around. Good luck!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 06:27:17 pm »

Sometimes they just don't spawn. It sucks.

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 12:33:18 am »

I'm starting to think it might be something to do with the Dark Ages Three: War And Mythos mod, which I've been running.
Every vault without fail hasn't had a slab in sight.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 11:58:03 pm »

This is not a mod related issue. Its a rare chance just like any other site for something to not be built correctly. In this case, the room with the item was just not spawned in. Meaning that slab doesn't actually exsist (from what I can tell since it happened to me). I used DFHack Reveal Hell to check all layers and didn't find it. So I just assume since the final room didn't spawn, the slab didn't either.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...