Other Projects > Other Games

Elona - Roguelike JRPG

(1/37) > >>

Trolldefender99:
Homepage?:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Board:News_and_Announcements

There are also a lot of various forks of Elona out there. I'll have to get some free time and put up the links to them. A lot of already been posted in this thread.

Also, yup I know there is a thread already with a ton of posts:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83097.0

Except, the original post doesn't have a working link to the game right in the opening of the thread. So that is the main why decided to make a new thread. There has been some updates too, on the wiki page. And, the last activity in that thread was from all the way back almost exactly a year ago.

Now for the game.

I remember playing it a while back, last year in fact when that other thread last got a post. I played as a shopkeeper and went into dungeons to get items to sale in my shop, and also had a farm going. I even kept a breeding ranch of various and animals and people (you can have a ranch for farming people) for eggs and other things. Can tame a lot of creatures as well, though I didn't get too much into that so I can't say how it works. But the game has a ton of content and will definitely offer 100s if not 1000s of hours of game time.

As for versions. There is a few it seems. Three that I see/found are vanilla Elona, Elona +, and Omake Overhaul (English). There seems to be some other versions floating around, but the latter two seem to be the two main ones

Apparently as far as Omake is concerned. It has infinite progression, but doesn't have all the acts/story to the game. That last part I'm not 100% sure of, so I'll edit that if its wrong. Omake is however regarded as an enhanced vanilla Elona but with a hefty grind from what I've seen it described as.

Flying Dice:
Still better to use the main thread, it's easy enough to drop links for anyone who asks.

And the probable best fork right now is Elona+ Custom, a fork based on Elona+, whose raison d'etre is full translation of all Japanese text to English. The most current stable version is E+C 1.84.1.

There are also further forks of E+C like E+C-G which have added additional improvements/undone core E+ changes that proved unpopular.

Showbiz:

--- Quote from: Trolldefender99 on January 05, 2019, 03:25:23 pm ---I even kept a "breeding" ranch of.... um...hello undercover FBI...girls...and was able to get eggs from them
--- End quote ---

what

Ivefan:
Silly quirk of the game. you can breed any pet/companion and because the type "little girl" is one you can breed them thus the FBI joke i assume.

Akura:
I don't think the authorities in Palmia don't actually care what you do on your... breeding ranch, just as long as you pay your damn taxes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version