Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Elona - Roguelike JRPG  (Read 31235 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Elona - Roguelike JRPG
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2019, 12:13:44 pm »

That sucks. The custom branch was the one I liked. Back to "no translations without piss and weird balance changes"?

Well, Custom-G is the branch with the weird balance changes, and that branch is dependant upon Custom, so we won't see CG unless C finds a way to continue.

And several programmers have expressed interest in maintaining Custom so there's a fair chance that it will continue. There's certainly plenty of demand for it.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2019, 04:56:20 am »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2021, 11:25:18 pm »

Elona is now in beta on Android as Elona Mobile. It crashes a ton right out of the intro but seems to save constantly. I am poking around in it now. Free but has coins and diamonds and the usual freemium things.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2021, 03:45:53 am »

It's been a long time i haven't checked Elona status, so it looks like Noa, the Elona developer, isn't involved in this mobile version but gave the ok to the chinese company that produced it.

I also learned recently that Noa is making a game named Elin's Inn

apparently there's a demo released several months ago
https://elona.fandom.com/f/p/3648146714394939429

There are some progress report of development in english here if you're interested :
https://old.reddit.com/r/ElinsInn/
I hope it will be as fun as Elona is
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 03:48:27 am by Robsoie »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2021, 04:34:27 am »

More like a year and several months ago. Looks like it still makes slow but steady progress, though, so hopefully we'll see something playable soon. Unless dev will get assasinated by some creepy people.  ::) Screens look really great. "Soon", of course, meaning "maybe another demo in this year."  :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:02:25 am by MCreeper »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2021, 04:32:36 am »

Uh, anyone know if the newer versions have increased the inventory space?
In my current version, my character only has an inventory of 20 items!?
- Nevermind, the 20 item limit is part of the Hard Difficulty (No Future/Abnormal)

EDIT- Age-old question: I have version Elona+CG 1.86, and a semi-decent character.  Should I restart (save incompatible with current version)?
Edit 2: I made the mistake of loading up the Elona+, which seems to have broken everything.  If it doesn't fix, decision made I guess.
Nevermind, was just playing Elona+ rather than Elona+CG.  Looks like Elona+ actually had more "features" too (for the worse).

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2021, 11:12:51 am »

It's been a long time i haven't checked Elona status, so it looks like Noa, the Elona developer, isn't involved in this mobile version but gave the ok to the chinese company that produced it.

I also learned recently that Noa is making a game named Elin's Inn

apparently there's a demo released several months ago
https://elona.fandom.com/f/p/3648146714394939429

There are some progress report of development in english here if you're interested :
https://old.reddit.com/r/ElinsInn/
I hope it will be as fun as Elona is

Yeah, I enjoyed Elona, but mostly the weirdness and the systems for doing non-combat stuff. The longer the game went on, the more it was just repeating the same cycles, which lost my interest.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2021, 03:14:01 pm »

I actually just checked the Elona fan Discord a few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the +Custom branch has been updated as far as 2.07.2.0.
The last time I played I was on +Custom somewhere around 1.97, with the + branch somewhere around 2.04, and I was afraid that Custom had been abandoned. Now I'm looking forward to getting back into it...though it will have to wait a little while, as there are other priorities in my game list atm.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2021, 04:14:05 pm »

Custom WAS abandoned, to be taken up and forked as Custom-G which was also dropped and taken up again as Custom-GX.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2021, 04:57:43 am »

So, I accidentally killed one of the shopkeepers in Derphy.  Any way for me to make amends?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2021, 08:05:50 am »

Burn the city down and/or infest it with xenomorphs? Can't be worried about the fate of derphy merchants if there ain't no derphy left!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2021, 02:38:17 pm »

My memory is a bit blurry as it's been a long time i haven't played but  there was a NPC in Noyel that could restore your negative karma against a large sum of money. Though getting to the NPC could be a challenge with negative karma as there are guards in Noyel.
That or getting a wish (not sure of the word to use) could fix karma too

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2021, 05:04:55 pm »

If you're talking about the shopkeeper themselves, they should respawn on the next town reset; which may take some time (during which you will probably fail any missions you need to deliver to them). If you have access to resurrection via book or spell, you can use that, but otherwise you're SOL.

Karma-wise, there are no easy ways; though you can suicide to the guards if you're level 6 or below for 5 karma per death. Otherwise, you'll need to rely on Derphy quests or the dead body random event.

If you have a house maid, you may occasionally get a beggar who will ask for a percentage of your carried gold for 2 karma.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:06:40 pm by Blaze »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2021, 07:19:16 pm »

I've actually gotten pretty good at restoring Karma, since I lose 30 karma every time I kill a hound or cat on this difficulty.

Protip: Dig to the other cells in the Jail and drink out of the toilets.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2021, 09:56:28 pm »

Having a mailbox in your home also helps, and maybe something in the ice village?

I think the easy way is stashing wallets and a disguise. Although beware turning in too many at once and becoming suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13