Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Elona - Roguelike JRPG  (Read 30839 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Elona - Roguelike JRPG
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2021, 03:42:41 am »

I think the easy way is stashing wallets and a disguise. Although beware turning in too many at once and becoming suspicious.

Thanks, didn't know about the suspicious part.

EDIT: Experienced it personally.  Thankfully, dying after level 10 is also a good way to lose Karma.

Anyone know the various ways that weapons/equipment can be damaged? I'd like to prevent the more common ways, but maybe I should just use throwaway gear for world travelling?

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2021, 11:26:15 am »

I should play Elona again. I see since I last played, there is "OOMSESTepNC" which seems to be the to-go-to one for Omake, though quite a bit to set up. Then there is this Elona-customGX or whatever its called if want to play a more "normal?" Elona experience. I always liked omake though for the sandboxy/open nature of it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2021, 02:09:42 pm »

Hm, never got into/found/played omake.  How is it different?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2021, 05:29:04 pm »

Fun fact: There is a mobile game version of Elona.  Is monatized, but you can still pretty much get an elona-like experience, granted I didn't get too far into it.

Pets for example have been partially gacha-fied, probably a few other things too.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2021, 06:06:24 pm »

Fun fact: There is a mobile game version of Elona.  Is monatized, but you can still pretty much get an elona-like experience, granted I didn't get too far into it.

Pets for example have been partially gacha-fied, probably a few other things too.

The riding skill and mounts system was reworked for the sake of money post-launch. Riding something doesn't make you any faster anymore(boohoo people weren't buying their speed apples with money), instead it makes the delay between turns and the animations shorter. Speed is harder to get now because of this. On the other hand you can ride anything you want including monstrously tanky things if your sanity can take playing in slow-mo.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2021, 09:11:21 pm »

I should play Elona again. I see since I last played, there is "OOMSESTepNC" which seems to be the to-go-to one for Omake, though quite a bit to set up. Then there is this Elona-customGX or whatever its called if want to play a more "normal?" Elona experience. I always liked omake though for the sandboxy/open nature of it.

Generally speaking, Elona+ is like an expansion pack, leaving the base game mostly the same but adding new areas and monsters which ultimately end up being significantly larger than the base game. Omake is more of an overhaul, completely changing many of the core systems and much of the starting experience but not adding much in terms of new story or places to explore.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2021, 09:15:30 pm »

The riding skill and mounts system was reworked for the sake of money post-launch. Riding something doesn't make you any faster anymore(boohoo people weren't buying their speed apples with money), instead it makes the delay between turns and the animations shorter. Speed is harder to get now because of this. On the other hand you can ride anything you want including monstrously tanky things if your sanity can take playing in slow-mo.

Wait, so the speed stat impacts the actual gameplay speed, not some in-game reaction time, agility, etc. deal?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2021, 01:45:19 am »

High speed makes it so that you get to do your turn more frequently than an enemy with low speed

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2021, 12:26:53 pm »

Wait, so the speed stat impacts the actual gameplay speed, not some in-game reaction time, agility, etc. deal?

The speed stat of your mount affects the gameplay speed in Elona Mobile since they changed it so they could sell more speed apples. Your speed still affects number of turns.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2022, 07:41:18 pm »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ty2hwOAHkBxvTXnH-UXFwD54AfmkpnVn/view?usp=share_link

Elin Alpha 9-2 is out!
I was skeptical of Elin, but must admit that after playing for just a couple of hours, I absolutely love everything I'm seeing so far.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2022, 07:49:36 pm »

And i can't download it because "the page isn't redirecting properly" after pressing download anyways button.  :-\
EDIT: Ah, of course.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 08:04:53 pm by MCreeper »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2022, 12:00:54 pm »

Yeah, it might need to be reposted, or wait until it's out of Alpha. Glad to hear the new game is good.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2022, 12:04:10 pm »

link seems to work again right now as i type as i managed to download just now (through the download page itself i mean, i'm not using any download manager).

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2022, 12:37:35 pm »

I still can't, so...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ty2hwOAHkBxvTXnH-UXFwD54AfmkpnVn/view?usp=share_link

Elin Alpha 9-2 is out!
I was skeptical of Elin, but must admit that after playing for just a couple of hours, I absolutely love everything I'm seeing so far.
Mind reposting it for us?  ;D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2022, 02:02:50 pm »

link will be working for 30 days :
https://easyupload.io/utv6pi
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13