Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you remove $ sign from your private property?  (Read 2155 times)

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do you remove $ sign from your private property?
« on: January 07, 2019, 02:26:05 pm »

I went to local civilization's mountain home. I didn't find anything interesting in depot, so I ventured downstairs. I found interesting $wooden chest$ there, which I hauled to broker. I tried to trade for it, but chest didn't show up anywhere. I put the chest into my backpack. I marked it and shopkeep reacted "is it a gift?". Having no options, I just gave it to him then and bought it back. Now it is my property. Properly marked and so on. However the $$ sign still lingers on it.

What did I do wrong?
How do I remove the $ parenthesizes from my property?
Is the chest now permanently bugged?
Can I take it out from fortress without becoming a thief or banished from this civilization?

Did I miss something with trading mechanics on DF wikipedia?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: How do you remove $ sign from your private property?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »

IIRC, the broker only recognizes goods from the trade depot and not the warehouse floor.

An exploit to remove $ownership_tags$ is to offload the site. A common way is take $item$, drop item onto ground, sleep for 1 hour = tags stripped from item.

Bear in mind, trade is broken in general. Let's say you perform a trade with the broker/town merchant. Say your copper spear for that site's $copper short sword$. Upon completion the $copper spear$ will be lying on the floor tile your character was standing on. Come back to this area maybe after a few site offloads later and you will find that your copper spear where you left it, but no $tags$ attached. So trade is just roleplay and honor code oriented.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 05:33:14 pm »

Pointless depot. I see. Thanks for the hint on stripping $$ from items in warehouse.

Another silly question: How do you claim lairs?

I shouted inside of lair. I shouted outside of lair in the zone above belonging to the lair. No claim sticks. Are lairs excluded from being claimed by players?

I noticed animal bug in empty lairs. Exactly same like on adventurer's site. Every time I enter, the area is filled with 10-20 wild animals from 2-3 different species. No amount of killing keeps it empty. Terrain above lair is rather small, so these animals really are crowding there on top of each other.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 05:59:07 pm »

I haven't played an Adv Mode run since Fall 2017 (43.xx), but memory is you can't claim lairs. I guess that didn't change for the pedestal/display case 44.xx update.

There's are mantis entries for the animal spam whether it's a lair or your campsite, etc which go back to 43.xx.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 12:09:23 am »

Pointless depot. I see. Thanks for the hint on stripping $$ from items in warehouse.

Another silly question: How do you claim lairs?

I shouted inside of lair. I shouted outside of lair in the zone above belonging to the lair. No claim sticks. Are lairs excluded from being claimed by players?

I noticed animal bug in empty lairs. Exactly same like on adventurer's site. Every time I enter, the area is filled with 10-20 wild animals from 2-3 different species. No amount of killing keeps it empty. Terrain above lair is rather small, so these animals really are crowding there on top of each other.

Someone else had a thread talking about this, in summary, fast travel fixes the problem

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 06:15:18 am »

Someone else had a thread talking about this, in summary, fast travel fixes the problem

I don't fast travel in Adventure Mode. I like learning the terrain features, when moving in big world, so it feels more natural. :)