Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Don't kill monsters with lairs, build own site or trade personal items.

(1/6) > >>

Sarmatian123:
Adventure mode can be fun. Though surely a skill grind too sometimes. However there are few things DF wikipedia doesn't clear about adventure mode. Those issues are:

- Don't ever kill named monsters with lairs. The lair's area will get mega spawns of wild animals and after being crazy lagy for a while, it will be crashing at any attempt to approach it.

- Don't ever build own site. The area will become lagy first, for no apparent reason. Then you will be swarmed by sea wave of all kind of animals and lag will become extreme. After a while any attempt to even approach the player's adventurer's site will end in crash.

- Don't trade personal items with dwarves and other beings. Game does some funky reset of their personal gear, when you leave the area. Gear needs to be compatible to their race. Gear also has to be exclusive with this already existing on dwarves, so they drop it on ground after trade. Else game will crash on any attempt of return to that site.

This will take lots of fun out of adventure mode, but it will make it stable and playable. Just so you know. Maybe someone could get this info into DF wikipedia? Warn folks about all those nasty adventure bugs reported at mantis DF bug-tracker?

Loam:
I've never had any of these happen to me. Maybe try a new world and see if you get the same results?

And if you want something on the wiki, why not put it there yourself? Just be sure your information is correct before you add it: do your Science.

George_Chickens:
Are you running any mods, and what OS are you on? I've never seen any of these problems.

Sarmatian123:
Yes, I would need to do more science. Not very looking for experiencing those lags time after time, but maybe there are places you can put your site without causing lag. Also I play only pocket worlds.

I use linux vanilla DF. No DFHack. No therapist. No nothing. Not even skins.

Most of it needs windows anyhow and xubuntu release managers consider "unstable" as an excuse for doing butchered job at not testing latest unstable apps, if they even work on their latest "unstable" os. The foundation paying those ubuntu folks wages clearly is not checking what it is paying for. Wine and 3d drivers has been an issue on ubuntu for ever. It even looks like a sabotage on purpose and on their ubuntu forums they are very touchy, when people mention word sabotage together with wine or 3d drivers. It got better when Steam folks got engaged on this project, but ubuntu crew live to wreck 3d drivers and wine support. They chase some tablets and mobiles, when their os desktop users never get any love or care.

MCreeper:

--- Quote from: George_Chickens on January 08, 2019, 12:37:16 pm ---Are you running any mods, and what OS are you on? I've never seen any of these problems.

--- End quote ---
I think that at least 2 (duplicating animals on adventurer camps) is more or less known bug? Probably happened to me once - each time i waited\built in my camp, lag increased. I barely managed to get out of there after i noticed that something is wrong. Didn't see hordes of animals, though. Underground animals?
Though that was on some earlier version, but i don't think it changed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version