Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Odd behavior on armor and marksdwarves  (Read 2958 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd behavior on armor and marksdwarves
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 04:15:40 am »

3. Rotten food isn't edible. Also, there are some "food" items that are not intended as food, but still stored in that stockpile, such as barrels of blood/ichor/venom, and things like lye. I'm not aware of any actual food that can't be eaten (or drunk, in case of liquids). This doesn't mean there aren't any, though.
Raw fish, eggs? Not entirely sure about eggs. The wiki says they are only edible if some component (white, yolk, shell) is edible, but then fails to say whether they are or not.
Raw fish is edible, at least when cooked (hence the issues with getting pond turtles to the fish cleaner first to get any shells), and eggs can be cooked (e.g. into peafowl egg roasts). Normal eggs can be cooked at least (but I've never seen anyone have a preference for eggs), and assume feather tree eggs can be as well, although I haven't verified it.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Odd behavior on armor and marksdwarves
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 09:56:45 am »

3- looking at my prepared food barrels, i noticed that in the food description some meals have the grey string "Not edible", while other have the "Edible raw or cooked" string. Does it mean that the dwarves won't eat the not edible ones? How prepared food come out not edible?
All prepared food is edible.

Dfhack is showing "not edible" because the base ingredient of the cooked meal was not edible before it was cooked.

Yes, prepared food can become rotten and thus inedible, but not while it is in a barrel or in a stockpile.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
Pages: 1 [2]