Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - Dwarf fortress inspired procedural adventure game  (Read 73609 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, Dane the Endangered, and one of the cheapest hires on the list.

Or in the previous image, Haringoth the Lost. Apparently wandered in from Calradia, it seems.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dane (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:36:08 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

This has a nice 75% off sale on steam right now.  I picked it up to try some time.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@A1s, Reinhold is actually just a sentient piece of road

@Akura, Hahaha, good spot! You can actually get champions with the name 'of Calradia' it gives them +45 to their combat score

@A1s, Can't spell Dane-ger without Dane!

@Levi, hope you enjoy it my friend :)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Oh, huh. Definitely worth more than 99 cents to me.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tbh didn't pay attention when setting the discount, didn't intend for it to be so low but I don't mind if it draws new people to the game who wouldn't have otherwise checked it out

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just fyi guys, anyone interested, Warsim is 75% off in this sale, the lowest price it's ever been, the game has been worked on for years and isn't just some crappy little sellout game! It's got over 100 positive reviews! check it out and I can ensure you, you'll not regret it... unless you're on linux or mac... in which case you may regret it a bit.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

and his twin brother, Sir Belethor the Nutcracker.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Also, do you accept bug reports? If so, should I just dump some in this thread or…?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this game have an end? Or is it like dwarf fortress where its continual till you have fun dying or just want to start over?

I'm good with either, but just curious before buying to get an idea of what the goal (if any) is.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@a1s, Didn't spot that! the two nutcrackers, that's just what you want hahaha, and there's a bug report thread on reddit but I don't mind taking them here, whats up? :)

@Trolldefender99, So there are a few ways the game goes, I added timed games to allow for a forced ending, ie 25 years, 50 years and so on, but if you choose an infinite game, then the real goals are to defeat the demonic horde, which is a faction that can be found at any time but slowly grows and mid to late game becomes a real problem, after that you can destroy or vassalise the five independent nations. But once all kingdoms are destroyed you can explore and discover a set of new stronger ones which continues for infinity following a growth curve, so in theory you could keep playing forever

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info :)

Also Warsim is surprisingly addicting. I wasn't really sure how I'd like it tbh, but its actually rather indepth from what I've seen of it so far. I'd have been happy to pay the full price if I got it off sale.

my favorite part so far, is the visitors you get (I didn't realize got visitors, so I had a bunch waiting in my castle for who knows how long lol) and especially the bards :) Some of the NPCs that came by made me laugh.

(edit:

I do have a question. Is it possible to play as a custom race? Or are custom races only for the AI to use? I tried figuring it out and google search seems to suggest its not possible, but the searches I found were back from 2017.

Though I'm almost positive someone created a race with "God" faces and he was able to play as them. But I don't remember the video now, and maybe it was just NPCs he met of that race.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:34:38 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

I love the throne room personally cause it's one of the areas of the game where as the dev I still cant predict what I am going to get, rare encounters, some randomly generated ones I've never seen before, it's always fun :)

It's not possible to play as anything other than humans or demonic humans at the moment, though it has been heavily suggested, I want to wait until I've completed all the things I need to complete, then I will look into making other races playable because I really want to make playing as another race feel like a different experience, so a lot of things will change

You can create custom races for your game though, they will be the kingdoms you interact with in the worlds you play in
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23