Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anyone save my fortress from fun?  (Read 1194 times)

JohannesBaguette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can anyone save my fortress from fun?
« on: March 05, 2019, 05:38:31 pm »

The fortress is named Rackown. It was doing really well for a few years.
Until a werelizard attacked.
Now the survivors from the werelizard attacks are underground. (There are multiple)
Can anyone help me from the destined fun?
(I'll email the save file to a taker)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:56:00 pm by JohannesBaguette »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone save my fortress from fun?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 09:13:54 pm »

Why email? You should upload it to DFFD, the official Dwarf Fortress file repository, and provide the link here so that everyone can try.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 06:01:15 am »

Why email? You should upload it to DFFD, the official Dwarf Fortress file repository, and provide the link here so that everyone can try.

+1

The best way I tend to manage this, especially cause I'm too lazy for the military reports, is to seperate the dwarfs into smaller groups of 7 (less or more depending on the population of the fort) and lock them up in groups and wait till the full moon. Then I just kill off the people in the rooms with the beasts.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 04:37:43 am »

Everything changed when the werelizard attacked

Find an unused room, station every dwarf that has been bitten (check logs) there, then wall it off.

If some are in hospital, wall off their beds.

If you manage to do it before a full moon, you probably won't even loose any dwarves (except if one werebeast is one tick late and gets attacked by the others). You can utilize them for some labors that don't involve contact with anything sentient. You can for example use an underground body of water (piece of aqueduct, artificial reservoir or a walled-off cave lake) to estabilish a fishing and shell craft industry and transport the good via a raising bridge over a hole and a dump zone. You'll just have to drop clothes into the containment chamber once in a while.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 02:49:05 am »

You'll just have to drop clothes into the containment chamber once in a while.
Armor would probably last longer.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?