Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Solved, thanks a lot] My mason hates a deity?  (Read 938 times)

qratz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Solved, thanks a lot] My mason hates a deity?
« on: January 12, 2019, 10:19:04 pm »

Hello.
So im trying to create an statue to my wealth deity, Inod, but the mason just creates any other image.
I have tried everything, and asking for literally any other design works just fine, including other deities. Help? Whats happening? Thanks

EDIT: It happens with every historic figure called "Inod" with every single Mason. How curious.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:18:34 pm by qratz »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My mason hates a deity?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:17:22 am »

Often an artist will create an image of another artist creating something having been inspired by the god you're trying to make an artwork of.
It's sometimes not immediately apparent, but Legends will give you the full story.

Not sure about the avoidance of Inods in your world though...

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 01:47:23 pm »

If you choose "Related to historical figure" then you'll get a *historical event* related to that figure. Your dwarves appear to have little or no knowledge of events where Inod directly participated, so you end up with a tangential image like some dwarf writing a book about him.

To create an actual image of Inod instead, select "Specify a new image" of "Historical figure" "Inod". You can optionally add other elements as well (e.g. "Action" -> "X is laughing"). Once completed, your design will be saved as an "Existing image" to simplify future orders of the same design.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 07:28:49 am »

If you choose "Related to historical figure" then you'll get a *historical event* related to that figure. Your dwarves appear to have little or no knowledge of events where Inod directly participated, so you end up with a tangential image like some dwarf writing a book about him.

To create an actual image of Inod instead, select "Specify a new image" of "Historical figure" "Inod". You can optionally add other elements as well (e.g. "Action" -> "X is laughing"). Once completed, your design will be saved as an "Existing image" to simplify future orders of the same design.
Wait, wait, you can specify what a statue will depict?  :o
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

qratz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved, thanks a lot] My mason hates a deity?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 12:01:40 pm »

Yes you can. I actually managed to make one of Inod on a triumphal posture!! Thanks a lot for the help. Making custom statues is giving me so much roleplay :D