Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Resistance, An XCOM:2 Arms Race  (Read 6467 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance, An XCOM:2 Arms Race
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2019, 01:39:21 pm »

I think we should revise up an IED seeing as we have a design to manufacture explosives might as well design one we can make.

Edit: I've noticed we're using 2d4 system for dice results (I had it in my head that we were using a d6 system somehow) so a 3 is very low. Perhaps low enough that a good revision might be able to make the CLAWED a lot cheaper. To that end I'll be suggesting several revisions.

Deploy-able Demolition Explosives.
With our knowledge of explosives we've created a simple but potent deployed explosive. It's main goal is the destruction of advent assets and structures as a result we've traded away some convenience for greater potency. It cannot be deployed as easily as a grenade and requires a little time to setup the fuse (I suspect remote or electronic detonators might push this past the realms of a revision) but the resulting explosion should be more than worth it.

CLAWED materials sourcing
The ammo explosive workshops we've devised require a considerable quantity of materials and would currently represent a massive investment of our very limited resources. However much of what we need is still out there in the city around. What we need for this are suitable containers, chemicals and tools. A lot of which will have been useless to the majority of other scavengers. By supplementing what we have in our stores with targeting scavenging we may be able to reduce the cost of the CLAWED workshops considerably.

Agram Suppressor
A suppressor slows the escaping gasses of the weapon using internal baffles causing the gases that escape the weapon to move much slower and thus quieter. We have little to work with but the tools we have available should be up to the task of creating a suppressor. Agram has been selected as the target of this design because it's cheap acquisition cost means it will likely be the weapon wielded by many of our operatives.

While a suppressor will quieten things significantly unless we develop subsonic ammo as well the bullets themselves will cause a sonic boom usually in the form of a loud crack noise. Subsonic ammo however loses a bit of stopping power. Considering the kinda things we're going to need to stop we may have to invent new modifications to put into the bullets that'll make them deadlier if we go that route.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:54:00 am by Jerick »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2019, 09:25:13 pm »

Quote from: SCP-V073
DDE (0):
CLAWED materials (1): KitRougard
Agram (0):
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2019, 11:28:41 pm »

DDE (0):
CLAWED materials (2): KitRougard, The Ensorceler
Agram suppressor (0):

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2019, 03:36:45 am »

DDE (0):
CLAWED materials (3): KitRougard, The Ensorceler, King Zultan
Agram suppressor (0):
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2019, 10:41:13 am »

DDE (1): Madman
Agram suppressor (0):

Having had time to review the situation....guys we need an explosive now for many of the missions. Either an explosive or a suppressor.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2019, 12:10:02 pm »

DDE (2): Madman, Piratejoe73
Agram suppressor (0):
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2019, 01:38:57 pm »

DDE (2): Madman, Piratejoe73
Agram suppressor (1): 0cra_tr0per
it's over

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2019, 03:17:31 pm »

DDE (3): Madman, Piratejoe73, TopHat
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2019, 09:27:04 am »

DDE (4): Madman, Piratejoe73, TopHat, Tyrant Leviathan

We need explosives, yes bang bangs and stuff too. But getting bette boom is a thing we need, especially to remove obstacles, killing squads of moons, tearing down bigger and tougher enemies, and got to scale it to blow up those base in building missions, aside blowing up fancy properity.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2019, 05:44:52 pm »

Am I the only one interested in silent killing from a distance?
it's over

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2019, 12:23:44 am »

It's much harder to do, since it needs a lot of specialized equipment. Our sniper rifle rivals our grenade in noise, and other weapons are unlikely to kill instantly to avoid an alarm. I'm pro-combat motorcycle (not pro-sidecar) though, so I'm not averse to high-investment plans like stealth gunners. Ideally I'd like to manufacture specialty ammos once CLAWED is up and running, that might combo nicely with silenced weapons.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2019, 10:20:07 am »

Calling the vote shortly, and after that update inbpound. Feel free to ask me questions as I go along.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2019, 09:59:34 pm »

Design Phase Results
DDE, or "Deploy-able Demolition Explosives"
Difficulty: Simple
Efficiency: (7) Cost: (5)
We had some concerns at the beginning of this that we were not going to be able to obtain the necessary compounds to manufacture these. These concerns where proven unfounded once some of the PMCs spoke up. Referring us to the Anarchists Cookbook, we realized we could most of what we needed at ADVENT-mart. While it hurt to pay the invaders, the explosive would be all the more effective for the irony. In the end, we rigged up an RDX based plastic explosive that weighs about 3kg in a simple canvas satchel. A roughly 30 second to 4 minute fuse (depending on how long you cut it) is attached, though it can vary.  The only issue with the DDE is the cost, and its a relatively minor one at that. ADVENT-mart charges quite a bit, with milk costing $6.25. None the less, the DDE should prove to be quite effective.

Equipment get:
DDE: A 3kg plastic explosive canvas satchel charge. Variable 30 second to 4 minute corded fuse. Costs 30 Supply.

It is now the Strategy Phase
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Operatives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Missions (click to show/hide)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2019, 04:30:51 am »

Spoiler: Mission Plans (click to show/hide)

I feel like we should avoid the heavy weapons in the warehouse there since, you know, we could very well wind up and the wrong end of them. This plan can also be easily modified should we decide to...ugh...work with the West Cell on any of these three missions.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:57:58 pm by Man of Paper »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2019, 06:35:33 am »

I am unsure about doing more than one advent mission in the first turn. It'll make missions harder in the long run.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7