Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Store Item in Barrel  (Read 667 times)

DoubleG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Store Item in Barrel
« on: December 29, 2019, 12:40:08 pm »

I have a food stockpile filled with food not in a barrel. I have a barrel stockpile right next to it. I have over 40 idle dorfs. Can't seem to get them to prioritise shelf stacking and organisation. I've tried burrows, (they just mope about claiming no job even though all they have is the two stockpiles in it). I've tried cutting down their labours so I have a specific "shelf stacker" who's supposed to only do food hauling (again, they mope around doing nothing). No idea what else I can do to get them to organise the inventory a bit more. It's frustrating.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Store Item in Barrel
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 01:09:55 pm »

Check 'o' ' to see if 'f'ood hauling was accidentally turned off.

If the problem is that you saw dwarfs bring all the separate food items to the stockpile but not put them in the barrel, they probably are doing it slowly, since only one "put item in barrel" job will trigger per stockpile, which you can see in the 'j'obs menu.

Also, some large food items will not be put in a barrel because they are too big.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Store Item in Barrel
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 09:56:46 pm »

also check to make sure the food stockpile doesn't have barrels set to 0