Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Transport "Caged Guests" to Depot?  (Read 1080 times)

BelligerentlyLiterate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Transport "Caged Guests" to Depot?
« on: January 16, 2019, 04:48:55 pm »

I have a number of caged Trolls from the last ill-fated goblin siege, and I was curious to see how much they'd fetch at the depot. When the next caravan rolled up, I designated their cages to be brought; they escaped and started a fight. So I reset, and this time designated the Trolls themselves to be brought; they escaped and started a fight. This happened with a Bronze Colossus I caught earlier as well. Is there no way to move hostile critters to the trade depot safely?

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Transport "Caged Guests" to Depot?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 06:41:48 pm »

Dwarves don't believe in slavery and won't haul any untradeable goods to the depot, so your results are expected.

http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/on-trade-goods

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:28:08 pm »

You cannot sell somewhat intelligent creatures.
What will happen is that they are released from the cage, so the empty cage can be sold.
I guess that is not what you wanted.

You will have to think of another way to get rid of them.

If you do not like to kill all caged enemies, you can build the cage at map edge and hook it to a lever. Pull it when no-one is close and the caged creatures will run off map.

If you insist on making use of them, live training works very well. Just be sure to thoroughly read the section of how to remove weapons from caged enemies.

To make the trolls last extra you could use wooden training weapons or bolts.

You could even forge troll sized armor and force-equip it to them with dfhack. Be sure to post about how long they last, the idea just came up and I have no experience with steel armored trolls yet :P

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 03:24:36 am »

Dig a tunnel straight down to hell.  Build a tiny retractable bridge over the hole on level with your fort.  Set a dump site on the bridge.  Dump all your caged trolls on the bridge.  Send them back to hell.