Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Spotify or Soundcloud playlist of ToadyOne's guitar tracks  (Read 833 times)

13eatnik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A Spotify or Soundcloud playlist of ToadyOne's guitar tracks
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:40:36 pm »

I read a thread similar to this on the /r/dwarfortress earlier so if it's already been brought to the forums then I apologize. But as we all know, Toady is an excellent guitar player who tends to occasionally surprise us with unreleased tracks such as this one. Obviously the main theme and Fortress Mode theme are masterpieces as well. I (and I assume many others) would be very interested in hearing any other songs Toady has recorded throughout his 16(?) year long hobby as a classical guitar player. His songs always seem to instill the same sense of wonder and complexity that Dwarf Fortress does as a game. I really feel like I'm listening to a story like Dwarf Fortress unfold and it makes the game endlessly more immersive. If he started a playlist on Spotify or something he could earn residuals from people listening to it too. If Toady made a penny off of every time I alone have listened to the Fortress Mode theme he'd probably be a millionaire.

Again, sorry if this is a topic that's already been beaten to death, it was discussed on Reddit and I created an account on the forums just to bring it up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:45:34 pm by 13eatnik »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: A Spotify or Soundcloud playlist of ToadyOne's guitar tracks
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 09:01:28 pm »

Not sure this belongs here, seeing as it only relates to DF in an indirect sense.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

13eatnik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:12:34 pm »

Not sure this belongs here, seeing as it only relates to DF in an indirect sense.

Where should I post it instead? I can post it somewhere else if need be. Sorry for disturbing the order.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:40:11 pm »

Not sure exactly, but probably General Discussion.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.