Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Merchants won’t leave Fort  (Read 4529 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Dwarven Merchants won’t leave Fort
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:11:30 pm »

Well, here I am, starting a new Fort, everything’s going fine, and the first set of Dwarven Merchants come along. Their caverns couldn’t reach my site at first, since the landscape around my entrance is surrounded with boulders, and they showed up in the most bouldery bit they could have gone for, but the Merhcnts do come, in the end. I’m a bit disapointed that they didn’t bring any Booze, but I do my trading, and when Autumn ends, they leave.
Except... they didn’t. They left the Depot, certainly, but they’re just standing around to one side of the above-ground defences in which the Depot is constructed. I tore a hole in the wall to get them to leave, built a bridge across the brook (Which runs through a bit of the aboveground defences), just inc ase the game was confused about what layer they were on or something, bit no such luck. But here’s the very confusing bit: The Elven and Human Caravans have been and gone, with no such problems. This is now a serious issue, since with no contact with the mountainhomes, I have gotten no migrants all this game, except the first two, scripted, waves, and it has now reached Autumn of the second year. No Migrants, no Dwarven Caravan come back. They haven’t even gone insane, which worried me for a long time, but no. They simply... stand there, doing nothing.
I have DFHack, so if there’s a fix for this I’m all ears, but I have had no such luck myself.
So, uhm... Help?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Merchants won’t leave Fort
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 01:51:54 pm »

The typical cause is the maturation of a tree which blocks access for wagons. Use the "D" command to display access to the trade depot, remove (or work around) any obstacle found, repeat, until you finally get a clear path to the edge.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »

I seem to have discovered theproblem. They are very slowly leaving the map, just... very slowly, such that I didn’t notice they had moved at all for a long time. I suppose I can wait.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 03:15:11 pm »

if you're using Dfhack, try using the caravan command.

use "caravan list" to show what the caravans are doing. and "caravan happy" to make them happy, if they've encountered a problem.

Could also try fix/stuck-merchants