Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A magic spell that destroys a dwarf fortress “Sound attack”.  (Read 817 times)

compsognathus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, in this game we have stress, personality, hate, love.
 I’m a mage and I’m in charge one villains gang.
I hate a dwarf fortress because the mayor is my enemy. (or for another reason)

1 I send some spy to work in the fortress.
2 They will observe which workshops are built inside and the personality of all the other dwarves. They will report everything to mage and he will instruct the villains.
3 The villain will start to disturbate workers with any sounds while honest dwarfs are working. The villains don’t labor and these noises are the noises of the workers. The villains are false worker.
When honest dwarfs will angry, the villain will start to gesticulate and to continue make noise also.
Now they disturb with sounds and gestures all time.
The dwarf add stress and change personality: he hates that noise.
At the first tantrum, the dwarf again change personality: now he hate noise… all noise
Now all honest dwarf hate his work, and this add much stress
For example, if the honest dwarf are blackmisth, and loved making metal stuff, now he will hate this because he must listens to stressful noises while he working.

An experienced player can expel the bad guys as soon as they start their "job" but they will create enemies.
If the mayor or hammerer be able to stop these, the villains start gesturing and they will do the same thing:
to make the dwarves angry with gestures. Now also with secret death threats.
This synergy must start with the sound because the sound always creates a little stress.
The same sounds and gestures can be made by villains artists(or unconscious ), generating stress rather than reducing it. (a true circus would be more suitable because more important and known in the world more stress and hate)
 All worker will crazy, they will kill villain or honest dwarf.  chaos everywhere. All wil hate everybody.
The villain will can hidden false document into honest dwarfs bedroom: documents that certify membership in a criminal goblin gang, belonging goblin X civilization (or human efl etc)

I’m the mage that destroy fortress, but nobody know this, and I can trigger a war against goblins X civilization goblins, I can sell my weapons (i'm owner of big weapon workshop) to civilizations, to kings.
Before starting the sound attack i can request a payment for personal revenge to anyone who was an enemy of some fortress dweller. (barter or a favor in the future… for lack of economy.)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: A magic spell that destroys a dwarf fortress “Sound attack”.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 09:30:15 pm »

I mean, magic spells will be procedurally-generated, so presumably we'll get things similar to this. Certainly destruction spells capable of site/entity-level damage will probably exist in most high-magic worlds.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.