Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You are a dungeon heart (♥)  (Read 2474 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a dungeon heart (♥)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 01:26:49 am »

...likely. Let's not think too hard into mortality. Just prod at that Theory we have.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 01:35:21 am »

ok, so, as is the worst possible scenario, my clarification got cut off, so I've edited that now. uh, sorry about that.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 02:16:35 am »

Research

Also: Make a crown for Desire, for she shall be our Queen.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:19:32 am by evictedSaint »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 03:00:56 am »

Research

Also: Make a crown for Desire, for she shall be our Queen.
Out of mud?

(Sorry, not trying to be overly sacastic or anything.)
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 04:12:15 am »

...likely. Let's not think too hard into mortality. Just prod at that Theory we have.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

joaquin55

• Bay Watcher
  • i want die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 12:15:50 pm »

ptw

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 02:17:50 pm »

+1
+1
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 09:55:57 pm »

The Heart of a dungeon ♥

Excited at the prospect of new knowledge, you devote yourself it it's immediate research. Desire continues to burn away the walls as you think.

It's fairly straightforward to work out what happened here. It's not altogether different from how you created you daughter. In passing through your presence, some small bit of your power was imbued into the stone, though it lacked the conscious design and the thousands of years of gestation that the diamond your daughter came from went through. You can't do anything about the latter, but you can replicate the former. Should you make a conscious effort when passing through an object, you should be able to use your power to reform it with a conscious mind. The type of minion created, and their abilities, will be completely dependent on the material you create them from for now. Congratulations! You have unlocked Basic worker minions and Basic combat minions!

You feel like you have made good use of your time this turn. Your daughter has made good use of her time as well, and has finished digging out the chamber. She even found a Raw Garnet in the stones at the end. You sense that this is an Unusual material. Perhaps it will be useful for something?

You have Desire record your discoveries about creation in your Stone Tablet. It's almost full! Perhaps you should see about making another one soon.

You have gained 5 energy from your ley lines this turn. You have gained two bits of rubble, and a Raw Garnet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Energy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your Daughter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Theories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 10:19:08 pm »

Hm... I wish we had a physical form ourselves... Wait a minute, let's try something. Make a Basic Worker from rubble, then... Try to possess it. Like, control it directly, as though it was our corporeal form. Desire, craft another tablet out of rubble, please?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 10:22:50 pm »

Have Desire make another tablet. Use the garnet, and try and invest more of our energy into it. Not as much as we did for Desire, but more than we did for the rock.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 10:43:10 pm »

Wait, I don't think we should experiment with our fancier materials. What if it goes wrong and gets destroyed? Where's that leave us? With a Theory. But if we do that kinda stuff with rubble, once we have it down, we can use the ensuing Tech on our fancy materials for fancier minions.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 04:58:19 am »

Hm... I wish we had a physical form ourselves... Wait a minute, let's try something. Make a Basic Worker from rubble, then... Try to possess it. Like, control it directly, as though it was our corporeal form. Desire, craft another tablet out of rubble, please?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 07:44:00 am »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 [2]