Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Player trying to get this running on an older Mac  (Read 946 times)

Flint_Firefudge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
New Player trying to get this running on an older Mac
« on: January 20, 2019, 11:06:13 am »

Hi there. Subject lays it all out. I inherited an older iMac running 10.6.8 and have been trying to get the Mac Starter Pack running on it. I had the Lazy Newbie Pack up and running but heard that the Starter Pack was more up to date so I installed that.  I followed the instructions on the page and ran the line through Terminal replacing the directory as directed but now neither Pack will run the game.  They both pull up Terminal when I click PLAY and then tell me that dyld: library not loaded because image not found. The exact readout is as follows:

/Desktop/Mac\ Starter\ Pack\ 2/Dwarf\ Fortress\ 0.44.12/dfhack ; exit;
iMac:~ /Desktop/Mac\ Starter\ Pack\ 2/Dwarf\ Fortress\ 0.44.12/dfhack ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libz.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Desktop/Mac Starter Pack 2/Dwarf Fortress 0.44.12/hack/libdfhack.1.0.0.dylib
  Reason: image not found
/Desktop/Mac Starter Pack 2/Dwarf Fortress 0.44.12/dfhack: line 15:  1504 Trace/BPT trap          DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

I would love to get this back to working but clearly don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone give me a hand? 

Edit: Also, I hope I posted this in an appropriate place.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:11:24 am by Flint_Firefudge »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: New Player trying to get this running on an older Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 07:42:39 pm »

I'd ask in the Mac Starter Pack thread itself: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158322.0

I don't know much about it, but the most basic step would be to confirm that there's a file named "libdfhack.1.0.0.dylib" in your "/Desktop/Mac Starter Pack 2/Dwarf Fortress 0.44.12/hack/" folder.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:46:00 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?