Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A bard has shared many tales from beyond..  (Read 3387 times)

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A bard has shared many tales from beyond..
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:24:14 pm »

Anybody knows what that means? I just got an announcement that a bard had shared many stories from beyond my region.
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A bard has shared many tales from beyond..
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:20:41 am »

It ought to mean that something has been added to the "civ" screen, but nothing was added when it happened to me (nor is anything added when the diplomat claims to have had a lot to tell in my current fortress [I've had things being added that way in previous ones]).

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:20:02 am »

IIRC, in previous versions it would be readily obvious in the civ screen.
Now, I think it gets added to the 'rumors' section there. Same idea, but now it's separate and not perfectly accurate, just what the teller knew at their last contact or when they heard it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:21:35 am by Deus Machina »
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 12:49:55 pm »

Anybody knows what that means? I just got an announcement that a bard had shared many stories from beyond my region.

If you have a tavernkeepers this means that one of them gave a drink to the bard, who in return gave a rumour - similar to the ones given by diplomats. This is a way to have rumours (seen as different events on world map from civ screen) if you do not have diplomats visiting, or they are crappy gossip. Because of this I refer to the tavernkeepers as "secret police", they gather info from patrons in guise of friendly chatter.

I think it is possible to get this info without tavernkeepes in some kind of "tavern event", but it's extremely rare, while they obtain it frequently.