Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: About your automatic orders...  (Read 6109 times)

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: About your automatic orders...
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 11:12:12 am »

Welp, I found a new way to screw up my automatic work orders. Somehow I ended up with a legendary human clothier moving in, and it turns out large clothes fulfill the orders. Since I'm using workflow I can specify dwarf size in the repeating orders in the workshop; I'm not sure how that would work with the manager. Still gonna be a little short on new clothes until I can ship them off on the next caravan.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 12:33:06 am »

Yeah.  Of all the "I don't use the manager" reasons people have, this is the one that I think is the most serious.  If you have humans (or other large/small creatures) and you don't want them to be naked, it's a serious problem.

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 07:48:15 am »

You could set the workshop profile to the dwarves who have the job enabled, to prevent larger creatures to make the crafts. Bit tedious. When using autolabor, make sure enough have the job enabled.

Set the craftshops near your bones to bonecrafting, etc. Mine tends to be near the exit because of hunter kill. Workshop accepting bookbinding orders is often much further in. Limiting orders that way prevent long hauls.

The thread "what is a decent meal?" contains an excellent script for preferred meal cooking.

DFHack has scripts you can use to set the material for a craft in workshops, so you do not accidentally mill all brewables, leaving no bags for the dye.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 12:17:12 pm »

...The part i don't understand is that many orders seems to ignore conditions, so i wonder if i didn't messed up things and how did it happen, since i basically copyed your strings... like those for cloth, i have dorfs processing plants even if i have over 100 pig tails cloth, and the condition is check if less than 50....
The job manager and the Stocks menu count items for different reasons. The Stocks menu shows all the items, even those being transported, but the job manager does not count transported items or items that are "tasked", or items that are in a "tasked" container (a bin with 35 cloth might be tasked to add another 2 cloth, causing those 35 cloth to be unavailable). So, if enough of your pig tail cloth is temporarily unavailable, it could trigger the start of your "process plant" job, because the available pig tail cloth was temporarily low, even though the Stocks menu showed the full amount.

Maeby as soon as an item is ready a new dwarf claims is? Could be i guess
Yep, the claiming of items appears to happen immediately as the new item is crafted or added to your fort's item lists. But they should also be dropping an item sometimes, at this time, adding an item back into your inventory.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 07:52:44 pm »

Bins are evil. Beware.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 01:51:11 am »

You could set the workshop profile to the dwarves who have the job enabled, to prevent larger creatures to make the crafts. Bit tedious. When using autolabor, make sure enough have the job enabled.
You can set the desired size under the job [d]etails. The problem is checking how many clothes of each size are available.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:52:45 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 11:03:54 am »

You can set the desired size under the job [d]etails.

How? Dwarf size is default size. But when a human goes making stuff default size it will be large.
I did actually try to set it to dwarven size. It did not matter. Maybe I should set it to elven size... but what dwarf wants to wear elven clothes?

Related to another post: How can I check for wooden bolts to limit their production? I could only find options for bone or specific wood types.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 12:59:29 pm »

You can set the desired size under the job [d]etails.

How? Dwarf size is default size. But when a human goes making stuff default size it will be large.
I did actually try to set it to dwarven size. It did not matter. Maybe I should set it to elven size... but what dwarf wants to wear elven clothes?

Related to another post: How can I check for wooden bolts to limit their production? I could only find options for bone or specific wood types.
Having a human craft dwarf-specified clothes didn't work? You sure you set it up properly on the manager screen?
I just thought of something: Try setting the size to cougar man or hyena man size. I just remembered humans and dwarves can wear both, so that solves the counting issue if you get rid of foreign clothes.

Use the "plant" trait for the bolts.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 [2]