Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The entity problem  (Read 561 times)

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The entity problem
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:35:22 am »

I'm continuously repelled from modding by the effort expenditure needed to, specifically, add new positions. Positions for NPCs feel awkward, positions for PC civilizations feel like something you're forced to turn setting appropriate and fully detailed or else it's a failure.
SO for the sake of me and others, I'm interested in knowing if there's some kind of utility or even just a guide to this problem in particular.
(I'm not sure how useful this set of position tags I got could be for making a utility)
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The entity problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:12:02 am »

Code: [Select]
For the sake of avoiding phishing attacks, please just post your entity raws for us to look at in [.code or the little # button in editor] and [slash code] brackets because im sure a lot of people are very reluctant to click on a random link to google sharing. It'll let us view it much more visibly and help you out if need be.

Its trivial, but besides from the ones you are playing, its hardly a problem at all if you familiarise yourself with the functions that they have [url=http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Position_token#Responsibilities]Link to position responsibilities on the DF wiki[/url]

Bearing in mind a lot of positions are hardcoded, inputting a particular name may write over the existing or expectant ones.