Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where Is The Clothing Wear/Degradation Files ? ( .34 )  (Read 778 times)

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
Where Is The Clothing Wear/Degradation Files ? ( .34 )
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:51:03 am »

( DF .34 )
I'm trying to find the files related to the degradation of clothing - specifically the one that makes the dwarfs discard clothes.
 I would like to add ( if possible ) a [ROTS] flag once the clothing is triggered to be discarded by a dwarf.

Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Where Is The Clothing Wear/Degradation Files ? ( .34 )
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:41:36 pm »

They don't exist. That's hardcoded. Can't just make clothes rot once discarded.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:40:12 pm »

There is a dfhack scripts for that, it's called deteriorateclothes. Not sure if it exists for .34, but I know its up and running for the current version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 10:36:00 pm »

They don't exist. That's hardcoded. Can't just make clothes rot once discarded.

Not entirely true. Clothes in refuse stockpiles will rot at an accelerated rate. Just have to dump them.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.