Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety  (Read 31206 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE
« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2022, 10:20:40 pm »

Shrug, ask Kandar what stuff we have for trading.

Spoiler: Xeriay (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: DEEP SPACE: Space vampires and work safety
« Reply #331 on: November 02, 2022, 05:40:41 pm »

"sure"
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS: Spoos nighttimes and fren boolets
« Reply #332 on: November 05, 2022, 09:20:53 am »

Tell the snakes that we're here for exploration and friendly adventure!  Curiousity and learning! 

Offer to trade a biogel, a stimulant, and/or bait (hey, it smells and tastes delicious, right?).  Specifically, for a map and information on the surroundings.  Ideally some place that's interesting, possibly with valuable items thst they don't feel they own.  Also, offer to perhaps do something for them--perhaps they have troubles with some monsters that are down here, or wish to recover something from a dangerous area?

Spoiler: Kander (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 12, 2022, 08:49:15 pm »

Snap out of my stupor and go shopping for the following:

- Some armour that covers primarely my torso, but also has some protection for limbs
- See if I can find a merchant that offers Speed-based weapons that aren't in the armoury
- See if I can find a merchant that offers know/wis/per/cha based weapons that aren't in the armoury

Also, have a mental check-in with the parasite. Just to see how it's feeling

Spoiler: Hlaine (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2022, 11:15:58 pm »

*grunt at the shop owner in a way that tells him I want to buy that armour*
Inquire how much the knockoff of a guild battle harness costs and then buy it.
1200 is how much it cost.

"about what I expected"
Jim will sell the info and return to the group
"Hey Anton, you wanna chip in for a place to stay?"
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)
432 credits for the notes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sell my therma-ray and rejoin group.  chip in for quarters.  try to find something cheap, but somewhere our stuff won't get stolen. 
Therma-ray would be...45.

As per Permanent housing, I believe I said earlier that it would be 1000 bucks to buy out a room. Now you could all use that room to store stuff but only one character could be "stored" there at a time.

Though I'm not sure how many others are splitting the bill here.

Snap out of my stupor and go shopping for the following:

- Some armour that covers primarely my torso, but also has some protection for limbs
- See if I can find a merchant that offers Speed-based weapons that aren't in the armoury
- See if I can find a merchant that offers know/wis/per/cha based weapons that aren't in the armoury

Also, have a mental check-in with the parasite. Just to see how it's feeling

1. There's lots of armor out there that covers basically any combination of parts.  The most simple is just metal plating. Chestplates, pauldrons, etc. If you're looking for generalized protection, the common go-to is a scav suit. These are rough things made up by the locals out of whatever materials they can get their hands on. They're a full body suit (minus the head) of d4 protection which people usually supplement with d6 armor plating over particularly vital areas. A suit plus a chest and back plate would cost about 400, maybe 350.
2. Pure speed based weapons are somewhat rare but are mostly used by adherents of the Void. The most common one is the mono-razor, which you of course already know about.  [3] You don't find anything but you do learn that the Void temple might have something available.
3.  Weapons of the mind, regardless of its stat, are generally automated things or oddities. They're used and created by nerds, for lack of a better term. Your best bet to get something like that made would be one of two things: 1. seek out nerds. 2. Seek out technology within the Enigma that corresponds with this desire. Automated turrets, soul projectors, ego manifestos, etc. [5] You remember hearing that there's a bunch of weird nerds studying the plasma geyser at the center of the town.

The parasite does not respond but you feel an odd desire when you consider it. The desire...to control. To manipulate the minds of men. To bend them to your will.

Shrug, ask Kandar what stuff we have for trading.

Tell the snakes that we're here for exploration and friendly adventure!  Curiousity and learning! 

Offer to trade a biogel, a stimulant, and/or bait (hey, it smells and tastes delicious, right?).  Specifically, for a map and information on the surroundings.  Ideally some place that's interesting, possibly with valuable items thst they don't feel they own.  Also, offer to perhaps do something for them--perhaps they have troubles with some monsters that are down here, or wish to recover something from a dangerous area?

You dig out the biogel, the stimulant, and the bait, holding them all out in front of you. The snakeman man uses one free hand to carefully poke at the objects you hold, eventually picking one up and turning it around in front of him. When you explain that what you're really interested in is information about the area he seems to relax more. Apparently information isn't as big a deal as material trading. He selects the bait and biogel, tucking them into a small sack looped around his body. He then, using the butt of a spear he's carrying in one of his many hands, starts scratching out a map in the dust and sand that has gathered on the metal floor.  He scratches out a box, made of 9 smaller boxes. He then points to the upper left box and explains that this is where you are. Beyond it, off the map to the north west, is the city he guards.  The then goes through each box, counting left to right across the top row before going to the middle and finally the bottom in the same way.

1. Snakeman gate. Leads to larger underground city. They are protecting its entrance from the things which live in the enigma.
2. Bullet men.  Strange metal beings which seek glorious death. Seem to be having some kind of continuous party.
3. Conduit: A damaged pathway for power. Constant discharges of electricity and other odd forces. Inhabited by strange semi-sapient beings that eat these forces.
4. Hole: A big hole in the ship. Haven't explored. Rumors of voices inside. Seen arcs of electricity and strange glowing.
5.  Swamp.
6. Storage. Lots of giant boxes and old machines. Maze like but some good stuff hidden. Sometimes they hunt the robot animals.
7. Trapped ghosts. Bad place.
8. Wise Mold. A protected garden. Safe but toxic for most. Mold within has knowledge and is mother of many."
9. Steeleater hive. Giant insects that eat metal. Have opened a hole into the deeper parts of the Enigma. Ignore organics but will attempt to eat metal.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2022, 05:28:13 am »

*grunts in approval of the purchase then, starts waving the tunic he was just wearing around and indicating he wants to sell it*
Buy the harness, then see if the guy will buy my industrial tunic.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2022, 09:12:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

follow Jim.  correct me if i am wrong, but i think we are just looking for somewhere to spend the night.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 19, 2022, 10:40:12 pm »

"aight, let's find a motel or something then"
Jim will look for a place to rent a night for the party to rest up at
Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP SPOOS: Spoos nighttimes and fren boolets
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2022, 07:52:15 am »

Thank the snakeman for the trade, then head out.  I assume the center tile, "swamp", is where we entered.  So backtrack across the filaments we used to get here, then use more filaments to travel into the storage area with lots of boxes and items.

Make sure to note down what we learned of the snakemen.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2022, 03:16:18 pm »

Follow along to boxland. Which I'll presume is the land ruled by king boxxy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2022, 12:48:43 pm »

Great, go and meet those weird nerds that are studying the plsama geyser. See what they're up to and what they might be selling

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2022, 04:40:55 pm »

In the time that past Ozwald hadn't left the safety of the rinky-dink settlement instead seeing what local politics he could get himself involved with.

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]