Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442078 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Does this show up on the Roll to Dodge page?
« Reply #1065 on: July 10, 2019, 10:27:53 am »

Check underneath the seats instead of sitting down. See if the previous crew left anything junk or trash behind.

Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Das Boot
« Reply #1066 on: July 10, 2019, 10:31:28 am »

Take one of the gun seats, be watchful for things to shoot.  If such things reveal themselves, shoot them.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1067 on: July 11, 2019, 07:08:15 am »

Observe the darkness.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 11, 2019, 11:58:34 am »

Determine whether the temperature gradients are dangerous, as in you wouldn't want to be in one, or dangerous, as in the ship is in danger of being destroyed with everyone in it.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 11, 2019, 12:41:05 pm »

wait patiently for something to happen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1070 on: July 12, 2019, 02:55:49 pm »

So apparently we all exploded or something? Did I get copied successfully before? If yes, do we keep the OMNI we had before or did that get blown up with the rest of the inventory?

Edit: thank you paris for the info!

In that case, do we get any of our class-specific gear back? What about the brain uploader, does it need to be rebought?

Can you give me the stats for the full body prosthetic? What about the automaton? Can these still level up stats?

How does the clone body work? Could I go into debt to get one?

As for the mission: take a gunner seat if available.

If you had a brain copy, then you're dumped into any body you have ready. If you have no body ready and not enough money to buy one, you go into debt and get dumped into a mechanical slave body. Check the arsenal for it. You lose any items you had, including starting gear.

Normally, if your body survived in any fashion, the cognition copier could be salvaged but in this case no.

The automaton, like it says, is d6 all stats. Mk.2 is d8 all stats.

Full body prosthetic basically has a point buy for setting up the stats as you like.

You can level stats but through spending money, unless you get the organic version.

Its your body, as it existed at the time of death, for the clone body. And no.

Alrighty.

wait patiently until we get to our destination. I don’t want to risk messing something up
Sit patiently and wait for the ship to explode land safely.
wait patiently for something to happen.
And thus did some of the crew wait, motionless, hoping to fade out of the narrator's attention and gain a state of quantum immortality.

We'll see if it works. I don't keep a list of everyone on the ship so it might!

Check underneath the seats instead of sitting down. See if the previous crew left anything junk or trash behind.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here. Oh wait I am.
Quote from: The last dang turn
This shuttle is brand new. Had to get a new one because the other crew misplaced the old shuttle.
Ain't nothing under there but that tag that says its unlawful to remove from cushions. You know that tag.

Observe the darkness.
Sure is dark out there. There's actually bits of what look like particulate matter drifting by every so often though. Almost like what you saw on deep sea submersible video....

Determine whether the temperature gradients are dangerous, as in you wouldn't want to be in one, or dangerous, as in the ship is in danger of being destroyed with everyone in it.

[6]
Fred comes to the conclusion of: "Eh, its fine. Its a space ship, its gotta be designed for temperature gradients! I mean, if the sun is on one side then that side is gonna get super hot while the other remains super cold. Gotta be used to that sort of thing, right? Right."

I attack the the darkness! ... by turning on the shuttle's external lights.
Then keep on flying towards our destination, keeping an eye on sensors to make sure I'm going the right way and for anything weird.

Pathos flips on the external lights.

The ship is moving through a canyon of sorts it seems like, ragged stone walls like stalagmite teeth rising up around them. They seem to be in some sort of dense but semi-transparent gas that is extremely thick.  Thick enough that bits of particulate matter are floating through it almost like water. The lights, their cones of light clearly visible through the thick gas, glint off something metallic ahead. Its another shuttle, much like this one, that is crammed up against the rocks and clearly damaged. As the team's shuttle approaches, continuing along its predetermined path, the crashed shuttle shifts and seems to rise unnaturally from the stones. The lights sweep across the area under the ship and everyone can see...something. Its body is like glass in water: barely visible, really more just a distorted outline filled with barely visible shifting muscle and organs. The impression is that of a crab wearing the downed shuttle as a shell, but the actual shape is something beyond that, something worse. Clear eye stalks tipped with what appear to be hovering globes of reflective silver -the opaque lens perhaps- whip round and the creature moves with distressing speed towards the shuttle.

Observe the darkness.
Take one of the gun seats, be watchful for things to shoot.  If such things reveal themselves, shoot them.

Wilfred and Elen on the bottom and right side turrets are the only ones with a clear line of sight, so they open fire.
[4,1][16v7]
Wilfred's rounds go completely wild and do nothing more then shatter stone and stir up a dust cloud, but Elen's rounds are directly on target and she slashes the stream of high caliber rounds back and forth across the crab thing in an astonishingly deadly way. The creature, shattered and bleeding what looks to be a thin bluish mist, settles back to the bottom in large chunks.

Elen's turret beeps a heat warning and shuts down for a self cooling cycle.

2 turns left till escape.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1071 on: July 12, 2019, 03:10:52 pm »

Just keep shuttling. Just keep shuttling. Just keep shuttling shuttling shuttling...
Unless there's need for evasive action, in which case do so.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 12, 2019, 03:20:04 pm »

figure out how much I know about crabs, look out a window if i'm near one

Hotfire90

« Reply #1073 on: July 12, 2019, 03:25:44 pm »

Let the turret cool down.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 12, 2019, 03:27:13 pm »

Do we have any way to interact with things outside the shuttle? Other than shooting? If possible, we should do a scan to see if the previous occupants of the makeshift crab shell left anything interesting for us to find.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: What ever goes
« Reply #1075 on: July 12, 2019, 09:29:17 pm »

Try and take the tag.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 13, 2019, 12:55:11 am »

Shoot any more hostiles that appear.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 13, 2019, 02:46:11 am »

Keep sitting and watch whats happening outside the ship.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 14, 2019, 09:33:48 am »

Go for the cheap option then I suppose, and get a new cognition copier. Shoot baddies if presented.

((Probably would be better to just respawn at this point, but eh, I like ol' Yagyu.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 14, 2019, 10:07:11 am »

"Keep your mind on where you are, what you are doing."
Shaken by the unexpected encounter, Fred waits ready to use his turret as needed.

((RC, maybe I missed something, but I don't think you have a body to use the cognition copier on.))

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 334