Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451646 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1110 on: July 22, 2019, 02:24:28 am »

The crash test dummy goes to stand with its back near the door. It points at the door panel, then at Tara's foam gun and then at the walls around him (starting from his right, then above him, then to his left, then to the floor below him).

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 22, 2019, 05:50:12 am »

Deleted. Will modify action
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:48:07 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 22, 2019, 06:23:53 am »

Sit back down and wait for us to inevitably implode.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 22, 2019, 07:11:04 am »

"Uh, guys?  Guys?  Does the ship not have an airlock?  Because I think an airlock would be a lot better of an idea than trying to build a second room with foam.  It's probably not even rated to withstand a hard vacuum, when it's the only structural component of the wall."

Assist the action of my fellow security officer, but with a slightly more specific note: Grab the fifteen year old girl (wut?) and prevent her from doing any of these things which will kill us.

If the ship seriously doesn't have an airlock, relieve the little girl of her "weapon", and use it to build the foam wall that Pathos is suggesting.  Wil has a far better chance of not trapping Pathos than she does.

Edit: She can totally foam up the broken panel though, that is smart, a good idea, and hard to screw up.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 22, 2019, 07:25:16 am »

Deleted
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:47:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1115 on: July 22, 2019, 08:49:56 am »

"Do you really need to remove these gasses from the ship right now while we're surrounded by a vacuum? The gasses aren't really doing anything other than being a bit cold, maybe breathing them in might not be pleasant, but we're not doing that. Please don't make a hole and replace our oxygen with vacuum, you may not know but breathing oxygen is kinda important for our continued survival."

Prevent any action that would create a hole in our ship.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 22, 2019, 09:02:46 am »

“Ok. I will wait until we dock, then”

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 22, 2019, 11:13:42 am »

Look for an emergency locker containing disposable space suits. Like something labeled "For emergency use only." I think this qualifies. Do not do anything to the door and if possible have someone foam gun over the broken panel to suppress sparks.

((To the scuffle occurring over the alien gas in the ship. Don't worry about venting it yet. We can't safely get rid of it. It is in the same compartment as we are. If we vented it without replacing it, (I know of no way to replace it with regular air) we would severely reduce pressure in the ship. This would result in everyone except pathos experiencing either a lack of oxygen, resulting in unconsciousness and eventual death, or decompression sickness, resulting in death.))

((Also, Methane is not particularly harmful, it's not poisonous, but it is VERY explosive, and can be ignited by sparks or open flame. WE ARE INSIDE A BOMB, but other than that we are fine. If we vent it we DIE. If we ignite it we DIE. If we sit still and wait for pathos to close the door and re-pressurize the compartment, we LIVE.))

I strongly recommend that we evaluate all other options for closing and re-pressurizing the bay before we try the foam trick. If that doesn't work, it will be security team three plus Pathos. And that's if pathos survives being air cannoned into the nearest wall when the door opens. Pathos: Maybe see if you can connect to the station network using the ship computer.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 22, 2019, 11:20:00 am »

cancel previous actions. Foam the broken panel to reduce sparks

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 23, 2019, 11:25:27 am »

Check if this ship has emergency air masks (like on an airplane), if yes see if I can deploy them. I assume there are also seats that allow strapping yourself in? If yes, these two should allow our fellows without a suit/robobody to survive until we can close the doors and repressurise.

Go out through airlock, if there is one. If not, wait for impromptu airlock to be made (though I doubt foam alone will stand up to the pressure difference?) before going out and searching for the control panel.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 23, 2019, 12:29:35 pm »

((Naturegirl, when you want to cancel an action, you shouldn't post a new action saying "cancel that".  It will confuse Piecewise as he reads over the thread, because until he's reads everything he won't know what you're doing.  Instead, when post a new boldtext, you should strike out the old boldtext like this, using the [s]strikethrough[/s] tags, or just add the new boldtext to your old post using the Modify button, if you don't want to get rid of the old boldtext.  Either way, you should end up with only one post that has boldtext in it, because that makes Piecewise's life easier.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 23, 2019, 12:47:05 pm »

((Naturegirl, when you want to cancel an action, you shouldn't post a new action saying "cancel that".  It will confuse Piecewise as he reads over the thread, because until he's reads everything he won't know what you're doing.  Instead, when post a new boldtext, you should strike out the old boldtext like this, using the [s]strikethrough[/s] tags, or just add the new boldtext to your old post using the Modify button, if you don't want to get rid of the old boldtext.  Either way, you should end up with only one post that has boldtext in it, because that makes Piecewise's life easier.))
(Sorry, I will fix that)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 23, 2019, 01:32:25 pm »

"hey pilot! since you're our tech guy, can you set the air scrubbers or whatever filters we have to get all of that alien gas out?"
since this is a spaceship, I have a feeling it will have air scrubbers. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling. Also, Toby checks to see if the hatch is an airlock Pathos can safely spacewalk out of. if so, he helps pathos operate it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1123 on: July 24, 2019, 10:37:58 am »

Try to remotely get the doors to close and the section to pressurize. If I can't do it from in here, then seeing as I'm the only one who can survive in vacuum, I should search for a way to exit the ship with as little loss of air as possible (wait for repairs if it would help) so I can go outside and find some panel that closes the doors and pressurizes the room.

[4]
The only way pathos can figure out how to shut the doors and repressurize is by using the ship's computer to send a standard alert signal to the dock's controlling systems. Its not a hard thing to do: the dock is running the standard OMNI-OS but it has a definite downside: it results in the doors being not just closed but locked and sealed shut until the designated admin gives the all clear code.

So the dock is now habitable, but the team is locked inside this place.

Everybody else
There's a fair amount of repetition in the rest of this section of the script so I'm just gonna summarize.

The plan to seal the sparks off with foam works fine. A quick search of the ship does reveal a storage locker of emergency EVA gear, but there is only one set and it uses the ship's oxygen supply via a tether, so it has limited utility.

Oh and the shuttle doesn't explode and the alien gases slowly get filtered by the ship's life support.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1124 on: July 24, 2019, 01:43:02 pm »

Open the shuttle door if I can do so from the pilot controls. Otherwise, wait for someone to open the door.

Once out, find some terminal I can use. Start by searching local command and communication history to see why the doors were left open and any other interesting comings or goings from this docking station.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 334