Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451350 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1125 on: July 24, 2019, 01:54:52 pm »

open the shuttle door and exit onto the dock
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:34:33 am by Naturegirl1999 »

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 24, 2019, 02:17:54 pm »

Assist pathos with any modifications to the cockpit controls needed to open the doors. If the cockpit controls do not allow for opening the doors, attempt to repair the door control panel that I smashed earlier. If the shuttle door is open before I get the chance to do anything, exit the ship and investigate the area.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 24, 2019, 08:12:19 pm »

Stay in the top gunners seat and look around to get a feel for the condition of the bay. If anything nasty comes after my teammates when they get out of the shuttle, light it up with the turret.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 25, 2019, 02:18:08 am »

"Hey look at this we didn't explode, looks like everything's going to be okay."
Get my rifle ready and wait for the door to open, then disembark the shuttle and look around the dock area.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 26, 2019, 08:57:07 am »

Disembark with the others once the door opens, be the second person out.  Scan for enemies, and if none are found, head towards the next door or corridor and peek through.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #1130 on: July 27, 2019, 09:23:21 am »

Leave the shuttle.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1131 on: July 27, 2019, 11:08:33 am »

Open the shuttle door if I can do so from the pilot controls. Otherwise, wait for someone to open the door.

Once out, find some terminal I can use. Start by searching local command and communication history to see why the doors were left open and any other interesting comings or goings from this docking station.

[10]
Pathos searches the controls and does manage to find a button to open the rear hatch. He presses it and the hatch slowly lowers until it hits the ground with a dull clang. A smell immediately permeates the shuttle, a sour smell like vomit mixed with expired milk.

[12]
Next he gets into the computer system of the base. Well, at least the surface layers: the deeper stuff is encrypted and locked away under 64 character alphanumeric constant cycle passcodes. The com logs are also heavily encrypted and though he eventually manages to get some data out of it, the system then locks him out after failing too many attempts.

From what he gets, the base doesn't seem like an ordinary mining base. The messages look perfectly normal on the outset but as he reads through invoices for drilling equipment and shipments of ore he sees both patterns that shouldn't exist and a lack of patterns where they should be. The amount of ore shipped sometimes varies by several orders of magnitude and they've apparently been ordering in 3-10 forklifts with every monthly shipment, which means this place should be littered in the things but there isn't a single one in sight.

Everyone else
As soon as the doors are open some people disembark from the shuttle and start sweeping the dock, looking for anything that could provide answers to the current state of the outpost. For the most part the dock is rather uninteresting: everything is carefully stored away or strapped down or otherwise secured. The only things out of place are the following:
1. The doors into the base are sealed shut and someone has painted symbols onto them. What those symbols are no one knows, though they appear occult in nature. They are not hastily applied and in fact look like they may have been stenciled on. They are applied with black paint, not blood or anything so melodramatic.
2. There are several bodies in the room. They have been flash frozen and preserved by the vacuum and none show signs of life threatening injuries. A few are injured but they have been patched up. None are in space suits.  They are scattered about, generally alone, and generally in sitting or laying positions that seem intentional.
3. Everyone looking around the room feels a sense of not being alone. Things glimpsed out of the corners of their eyes or a feeling of being watched are common.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 27, 2019, 01:07:18 pm »

look at my hazard detector to see if whatever is watching us shows up on it
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:44:08 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1133 on: July 27, 2019, 01:42:42 pm »

Are there shuttle-sized doors leading further in? That would probably let us know where we need to go to reach the phase gate. If there's a convenient crane on a rail that will take the shuttle straight to it, even better.

Also try to find a map. Or at least convenient painted lines on the walls/floor that will guide us to the phase gate.

((I'll leave the investigation to the others and focus on us having an escape route for when things inevitably go wrong. Two TPKs on the same mission is a bit too much.))

Hotfire90

« Reply #1134 on: July 27, 2019, 03:42:17 pm »

Take a look at the bodies with injuries, determine what kind of injuries they had before they died. Also loot them.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 27, 2019, 05:44:14 pm »

Keep maintaining overwatch with the top turret. Occasionally check to make sure nothing sneaks up on me.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 28, 2019, 03:37:02 am »

Go see whats in any crates and on the shelves that are around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 28, 2019, 01:15:52 pm »

figure out what the occult symbols mean.

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 28, 2019, 06:55:17 pm »

"Well this is spooky"
Make sure the room is well lit. Look for exits (other than the shuttle sized ones pathos is looking for). Do I need to explicitly state that I would take action to defend myself / the team from hostiles should I come across them in the course of my action?

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 29, 2019, 03:45:02 am »

Go inspect a corpse with Elen, keeping the rifle pointed at its head.  Shoot if it does anything nonstandard for corpses.  If it remains corpsey, remove its head, probably by repeated stomping since Wil has no blade, but presumably *does* have heavy-duty boots.  Continue on to the other corpses and repeat.

...What happened to all the janitors, anyway?  This is a frigging janitor's job, not security's.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 334