Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 449609 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1155 on: August 02, 2019, 09:11:31 am »

Take the other two demolition charges.

Can the shuttle move comfortably through the large corridor? Or does it have to be moved by a crane or forklift?

Are any of the cargo that seemed out of place in here? Can I see what's actually in it? Or do I at least know where it was taken?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 02, 2019, 11:39:26 am »

Hop down and loot bodies. Take anything I can sell for a lot. After that, stand at the entrance of the tunnel and shoot anything that’s mean to the person going in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 02, 2019, 11:55:51 am »

Take a useful piece of metal. Attempt to open an ore container from the outbound cargo.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 02, 2019, 01:59:48 pm »

Wil suddenly jumps, then spins around in a circle, pointing his rifle in every direction and sweeping it over all his allies.

"I just thought a thing that I didn't think, but in MY head!  What the hell?!  Who are you?!  Get the fuck out, I'm me, not you!"

Swing the rifle around and scan for who or what thought thoughts in Wil's head.  Assuming nothing obviously to blame is around, like a ghost or demonic figure, turn the rifle on the corpse Wil was gonna decapitate when his thoughts interrupted, and put a bullet between its eyes, then hold the rifle on the nearest corpse.  If something obviously at fault is around, hold it at gunpoint and threaten it if it doesn't explain itself.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 02, 2019, 02:10:16 pm »

“You thought a thing you didn’t think? Weird. My hazard detector is getting some sort of interference, I don’t know if that bit of info helps in any way”

Hotfire90

« Reply #1160 on: August 04, 2019, 10:16:42 am »

"Damn, those extras are really good at their job." Elen muttered to herself.

Look out for any hidden people who might jump out soon.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1161 on: August 05, 2019, 09:16:03 am »

(I lost this turn, quite annoyingly. Might be a bit terse)

"Damn, those extras are really good at their job." Elen muttered to herself.

Look out for any hidden people who might jump out soon.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[3]
Elen looks for anyone hiding or any clever corpse that has ideas of ambulation, but sees nothing.

Wil suddenly jumps, then spins around in a circle, pointing his rifle in every direction and sweeping it over all his allies.

"I just thought a thing that I didn't think, but in MY head!  What the hell?!  Who are you?!  Get the fuck out, I'm me, not you!"

Swing the rifle around and scan for who or what thought thoughts in Wil's head.  Assuming nothing obviously to blame is around, like a ghost or demonic figure, turn the rifle on the corpse Wil was gonna decapitate when his thoughts interrupted, and put a bullet between its eyes, then hold the rifle on the nearest corpse.  If something obviously at fault is around, hold it at gunpoint and threaten it if it doesn't explain itself.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Will spins around and his shouting dies away. The dock is alive with workers. People are carrying in boxes on hover pallets, loading shuttles, being yelled at by foremen and leaning on the walls, slacking off. It looks like any small shuttle dock, by Will's estimation, nothing strange about it at all.

"Yeah, better safe than sorry."

Will turns and finds two men standing near him.

"Better to keep em locked up. For their own good. Last one we let out ate someone's liver. While the guy was still alive."

"Ain't that just a rumor? Its from that movie right?"

"Nah. its real. I saw them dragging the body off."

"Shit."

"All the old boys who worked down there before it was automated are off, but some are getting worse."

"Glad I'm up here. All I gotta worry about is a broken back."

The pair laugh to themselves and move to rejoin the work.

Will is looking at the corpse again. The dock is silent and empty, save for the security team. The corpse is one of the workers he just saw, albeit now a shriveled pale mummy with a patched up stab wound on his side.

Will feels nauseous.

Take a useful piece of metal. Attempt to open an ore container from the outbound cargo.

[3]
Through sheer dumb luck Fred manages to guess the code for a container and opens it. It opens slowly and automatically with a depressurizing hiss and release of inert gas. Inside the container is a large pellet of isolation resin, in the center of which is shard of what looks like stone. Its about 6 inches long and sharp on both edges. It has a black and nearly-black blue coloration which flows in dappled bands across the surface. And flows isn't a description of the general pattern, it is literally flowing like ocean waves in the dark, rolling across the surface.

Equip Isolation Suit and head into the hallway
"I'm starting to get some major Dead Space vibes."
I grab one of the cutting/welding torch things and a demolition charge, then I loot the newly found dead people.
Take a torch, one unit of useful metal bits and the repair kit stuff (if it usable without a repair kit itself, if not leave it).

Investigate the dead bodies and check if they have anything useful on them.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Hop down and loot bodies. Take anything I can sell for a lot. After that, stand at the entrance of the tunnel and shoot anything that’s mean to the person going in.
(We'll assume you loot what you want, first come first serve. Also Radio, not enough stuff for repairing, no.)

The group searches the tunnel, examining the bodies and - perhaps more importantly- their pockets. The bodies for the most part seem to have died of what might be called "Normal Trauma". The sort of violence that could be inflicted by a normal person with a normal object. There are no bisected bodies or corpses reduced to a thick sludge or fatally mutated or anything like that. Instead they have stab wounds, cracked skulls, broken bones, cut throats, even signs of strangulation. Compared to what they'd heard about (Yagyu told them about the last mission) its quite tame.

The belongings scattered around are equally mundane. No one has a laser rifle or tactical nuke or anything; the most dangerous weapon the group finds is an old gunpowder powered handgun with a handful of rounds still in the magazine. There are a few kitchen knives, a few blunt objects like pipes or large wrenches, a few improvised weapons like bits of rebar or broken bottles, and a whole lot of completely uninteresting personal effects. There are a fair number of OMNI cards, the combined value of which is 350 OMNI, and a lot of coveralls, work boots, and OMNIWEAR brand underwear.

The one thing that stands out among all the dead is one man. All of the corpses here are in a state if general disarray, even ignoring the fact that they're dead and have been for a while. Stuff like unshaved stubble, hair crazed, clothing stained with sweat and worse. But this man is naked save for a medical gown and his head is a crusty mass of white hair.  Out of deep sockets stare eyes that seem just as alive and utterly insane as a living man. What he died of isn't immediately obvious, but he's holding something in his right hand. Its clenched so tight that it isn't visible and his fingers have dug straight into the flesh of his palm.

Take the other two demolition charges.

Can the shuttle move comfortably through the large corridor? Or does it have to be moved by a crane or forklift?

Are any of the cargo that seemed out of place in here? Can I see what's actually in it? Or do I at least know where it was taken?

Pathos takes the charges remaining.

He considers the large corridor and think that the shuttle could move on its own through the passage, though it would require a degree of skill. Its not impossible or anything but its clearly designed for people used to driving shuttles.

Pathos walks over and sees the shard that Fred found. The two look at it, feeling somewhat hypnotized by its slowly flowing colors.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 05, 2019, 09:35:39 am »

Try to open the man’s right hand and take what he is holding
“I’m gonna see what the man in a medical gown is holding”
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:53:19 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1163 on: August 05, 2019, 03:52:11 pm »

Check for any transmissions. Try to raise someone through shuttle comms.

If nobody answers, just start playing music

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 05, 2019, 05:41:10 pm »

Grab as many omnicards as I can, then point my rifle at the weird corpse’s head and wait for someone to interact with him.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 05, 2019, 08:39:34 pm »

“Pike, don’t shoot while aim getting whatever he’s holding, why are you readying to shoot a corpse?”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 06, 2019, 12:07:08 pm »

I grab one of the pipe wrenches, the old gunpowder powered handgun, and 50 OMNI, then examine the handgun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 06, 2019, 02:35:30 pm »

Close the container with the shard (remembering the code, so I can open it later), take the repair kit stuff in hopes of finding more later, and attempt to determine what the bottle of black pills found on one of the dockyard workers is.

For those interested in speculating on what is happening... Here's what I've picked up:
Spoiler: speculation (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 06, 2019, 09:26:04 pm »

grab the rest of the cash, and examine the thing in the man's hand. Finally, go look at that shard Fred and pathos are staring at.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 07, 2019, 11:37:14 am »

Take either the gun or a fair share of the omni we found.

Either way, unseal the other two doors (the mechanical work).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 334