Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 123

Author Topic: MOOK: Step 1. Shoot the hostage.  (Read 79475 times)

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1230 on: August 28, 2019, 03:24:48 am »

"Damn ghosts touching me all over."
Ignore the dirty hobo and look around the room for anything to loot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1231 on: August 29, 2019, 04:12:07 pm »

"No!  You can't do this to them!  Leave their bodies alone!"

Follow the strings puppeting them, find whoever is doing the puppeting, ans shoot them full of holes!.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1232 on: August 31, 2019, 11:28:00 am »

Hmm. That's weird. The erratic schedule points towards either a great many findings that needed to be moved to a laboratory or an evacuation. But either event would had been reported to OMNI... So they were either working for someone else on the side or the gate isn't working.

Is there any indication in the logs of where the gate was targeted? Or do gates not work like that?



Pathos scrolls through the logs. The gate has some programmed in locations with labels; which is nice, prevents him from having to do multi-dimensional mathematics to try and figure out the end point. Earth is the main one that comes up, with a few others to what seem to be near by bases. There's nothing that seems to stick out as being hugely out of the ordinary.


Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to straighten the man’s back
[3]
Tara, perhaps in a quite silly fashion, attempts to straighten the apparently insane man up. She finds him oddly pliable, shifting his stance to whatever she pushes him into.  She gets him into a reasonable standing position and then steps back to look at him. As she does she notices something moving on his chest, under the muck.

If the man, or anything else for that matter, tries to engage in the wholesome hobby of savaging my teammates, respond with force.

If nothing noteworthy happens on the violence front. Take stock of the room and its contents, so as to operate with a more thorough understanding of the factors at play. Embrace my inner Munchkin and get the loot!

Edit- Restrain the guy for Elen if nobody else takes up the call.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)


Pike begins looting.  In terms of things that are useful to a combat oriented fella like himself there's not much. The majority of the stuff here is basic tools and survival stuff. Food, water, oxygen pellets, replacement bore teeth, linen, random machine parts, entertainment materials, some medical stuff, etc. The most interesting thing however, is something that isn't there. There's a cargo container with a label marking it as weapons for security, but the container is empty.

Seeing that no one else is helping restrain the man Elen wants to medically prod, Pike moves to do so.

[3]

The man doesn't struggle at all. He is so compliant he might as well be a life sized action figure.

"Damn ghosts touching me all over."
Ignore the dirty hobo and look around the room for anything to loot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3]
The feeling of the hands fades as he helps Pike search for interesting things to steal.

"Seems like he's suffering from shock, someone restrain him so that I can safely check him for injuries."

Wait for the man to be restrained before checking him for any injuries and other abnormalities.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[5][3]
Elen gives the now restrained man a good look and a few careful prods with a gloved finger.  The man seems to be in pretty good condition, at least in terms of physical injury. No cuts or broken bones as far as she can see, no fever, no cough, no signs of infection. He seems healthy, albeit dehydrated and clearly very tired.

Restrain Wilfred until he appears sane. No team killing without proof of necessity. If Wilfred no longer needs restrained, attempt to get the emergency lights on so we can see better. Watch out for loose shards.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)
"No!  You can't do this to them!  Leave their bodies alone!"

Follow the strings puppeting them, find whoever is doing the puppeting, ans shoot them full of holes!.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
”Wil, that makes no sense. Obviously, they just didn’t get enough food!”
check, are those really our team? If so, go talk to them, investigate supernatural stuff. If not, scream.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[4v1]
Fred puts Wilfred in a headlock and prevents him from going and "investigating" with his gun. Instead Toby walks over to the rest of the team and says hello. After a few moments of talking Toby is pretty convinced that these people are really his teammates and not some sort of demon puppets.  Or if they are demon puppets, they probably have always been such since he's known them.





The dirty man suddenly tries to escape. Not violently, not forcefully, rather he just starts trying to walk away. His feet slide and slip as he walks in place, pulling against Pike's restraining hands.

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1233 on: August 31, 2019, 12:04:59 pm »

“When I straitened him, I noticed something moving”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try to catch whatever the moving thing is without hurting the man
“It’s alright, we’re not going to hurt you, I just need to figure out what’s on you”

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1234 on: August 31, 2019, 01:24:53 pm »

”Uhh, y’all didn’t happen to find a bunch of dead armed security guards, did you? Because if not, we’ve got a whole crate of guns unaccounted for in a hostile environment, might wanna keep that in mind.”
If a teammate with better strength and/or melee offers to take over for restraining the man, help them to get him secure. Did there happen to be any security restrains in the cargo I searched? If so, instruct my teammates to locate the security restraints and use them on the man.
Outside of these situationally relevant actions, what kind of entertainment did I find?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1235 on: August 31, 2019, 02:07:24 pm »

So the final burst of portal activity was directed towards the Earth? Was it soon after they sent the request for help? Are the empty spots for ships to dock in the hangar enough to justify the burst of activity? (i.e. is the number of activations smaller, greater or roughly equal to the empty shuttle parking spots in the hangar?)

If they did reach Earth, then I guess we would had been told about it. It's possible our superiors lied to us or failed to inform us, but I can't think of a reason for them to do so (beyond incompetence). It's also possible there's some time dilation during portal travel, but if there is we haven't been told about it. So either there's something wrong with the portal or something prevented whoever used the portal from reaching their destination. Maybe their ships were sabotaged. Maybe those portal activations were desperate people just jumping through the portal without a ship, like people jumping off a burning building.



Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1236 on: August 31, 2019, 03:15:12 pm »

”Uhh, y’all didn’t happen to find a bunch of dead armed security guards, did you? Because if not, we’ve got a whole crate of guns unaccounted for in a hostile environment, might wanna keep that in mind.”
instruct my teammates to locate the security restraints and use them on the man.

Do this, then
“When I straitened him, I noticed something moving”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try to catch whatever the moving thing is without hurting the man
“It’s alright, we’re not going to hurt you, I just need to figure out what’s on you”

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1237 on: August 31, 2019, 03:53:45 pm »

"You noticed something moving? Could you describe what that moving was and more importantly where?
Anyway, other than suffering from dehydration, shock and exhaustion, this man is perfectly healthy, he has no injuries and he isn't ill either."


Acquire water and forcibly make the man drink it. Use some of the water to clean away the muck on his chest and closely inspect it for anything moving that shouldn't be moving.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 04:06:25 pm by Hotfire90 »
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1238 on: August 31, 2019, 03:59:33 pm »

“It’s on his chest, under the muck. After finding the security straps, I plan to catch whatever it is to see what it is”

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1239 on: August 31, 2019, 04:05:17 pm »

"I didn't find anything strange while I was inspecting him for injuries, but I'll take another, closer look."
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1240 on: September 01, 2019, 05:30:33 am »

Grab some of the oxygen pellets and examine the "entertainment materials", then go help hold the dirty hobo.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1241 on: September 02, 2019, 09:06:37 am »

Help restrain the man if necessary. Where exactly is he going to? What lies in that direction?

If not needed, read text file on computing cube in more detail.


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1242 on: September 04, 2019, 11:25:34 am »

“When I straitened him, I noticed something moving”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try to catch whatever the moving thing is without hurting the man
“It’s alright, we’re not going to hurt you, I just need to figure out what’s on you”
[5]
Tara slaps at the man's belly but cannot find anything odd with it now. Maybe she simply imagined it last time?

”Uhh, y’all didn’t happen to find a bunch of dead armed security guards, did you? Because if not, we’ve got a whole crate of guns unaccounted for in a hostile environment, might wanna keep that in mind.”
If a teammate with better strength and/or melee offers to take over for restraining the man, help them to get him secure. Did there happen to be any security restrains in the cargo I searched? If so, instruct my teammates to locate the security restraints and use them on the man.
Outside of these situationally relevant actions, what kind of entertainment did I find?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pike uses his standard security handcuffs to cuff the man's arms behind his back and his legs together at the ankles. Despite this the man keeps trying to shuffle forwards.

As per the entertainment Pike found, he found a box of personal entertainment drives for the computing cube. It contains everything from movies and games to pornographic origami plans for folding your own "emotional companion".

"You noticed something moving? Could you describe what that moving was and more importantly where?
Anyway, other than suffering from dehydration, shock and exhaustion, this man is perfectly healthy, he has no injuries and he isn't ill either."


Acquire water and forcibly make the man drink it. Use some of the water to clean away the muck on his chest and closely inspect it for anything moving that shouldn't be moving.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[3]
Elen takes a container of water to the man and forces him to drink some. He does so automatically, eyes still fixed forward, feet still sliding as he staggers forwards. That done, she douses his chest and stomach in water and looks at them more closely. There seems to be some sort of long cut running down his abs with...are those eye lashes on either side?

Grab some of the oxygen pellets and examine the "entertainment materials", then go help hold the dirty hobo.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oxygen pellets are about the size of a fist and are designed to react with certain chemical agents to release a constant supply of oxygen. They're generally not very useful otherwise.

As previously mentioned the entertainment materials are a bunch of roughly wallet sized drives designed to plug into computing cubes. They contain a ton of stuff; music, movies, tv, limericks, cooking recipes, books, magazines, manuals, audiobooks, nude and non-nude political debates, bathroom tile enthusiast archives, etc.

Harold goes and helps keep the man from wandering off.

Help restrain the man if necessary. Where exactly is he going to? What lies in that direction?

If not needed, read text file on computing cube in more detail.


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu walks over to the dirty man and aligns himself with the man's attempted path. He then walks forwards. The path has him climbing over boxes and slithering through spaces between cargo containers but he eventually ends up....at the cargo elevator.

So the final burst of portal activity was directed towards the Earth? Was it soon after they sent the request for help? Are the empty spots for ships to dock in the hangar enough to justify the burst of activity? (i.e. is the number of activations smaller, greater or roughly equal to the empty shuttle parking spots in the hangar?)

If they did reach Earth, then I guess we would had been told about it. It's possible our superiors lied to us or failed to inform us, but I can't think of a reason for them to do so (beyond incompetence). It's also possible there's some time dilation during portal travel, but if there is we haven't been told about it. So either there's something wrong with the portal or something prevented whoever used the portal from reaching their destination. Maybe their ships were sabotaged. Maybe those portal activations were desperate people just jumping through the portal without a ship, like people jumping off a burning building.



Pathos checks time stamps. It was before they sent a request for help that the last trip to earth took place, but not too long before. A search of the hanger reveals no noticeably missing ships...it could have been a somewhat rapid series of cargo runs getting something off the base in a hurry....Maybe.

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1243 on: September 04, 2019, 01:25:28 pm »

Hold on to the entertainment. Especially that bathroom tile one, I think my mom might like it.
(Btw, not a joke. My real life mother is for real, super interested in floor tiles)
If the rest of the team will follow me, I want to see where the man wants to go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:25:55 pm by The Lupanian »
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1244 on: September 04, 2019, 02:45:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
head towards where the man is trying to get to
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 123