Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 117

Author Topic: MOOK: Curious  (Read 70765 times)

Leodanny

  • Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1320 on: September 30, 2019, 08:07:57 pm »

Aight

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1321 on: September 30, 2019, 11:39:34 pm »

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1322 on: October 01, 2019, 02:12:18 am »

Just a heads up, depending on what happens with Sy, posts might get ignored next turn. Keep that in mind, since whats gonna happen is gonna happen quick and might preempt things.

Thank you for letting us know.

Read some more in the journal, any more hints it can divulge?


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1323 on: October 01, 2019, 06:45:01 am »

"Everybody else went down into the mine and never came back, there probably dead by now, we should leave this place as soon as possible."
Grab some water and hunker down, if anyone goes to the shuttle follow them.
Changed my action.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:53:11 am by King Zultan »
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1324 on: October 01, 2019, 08:01:34 am »

”We should clear the level, elsewise we might as well be doing nothing, and will miss out on the XP and the good loot.”
Since this level seems clear, I’ll go and check the next level (which should be housing). However, don’t go if nobody goes with me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1325 on: October 01, 2019, 09:59:00 am »

"Wait your going to the housing level, that's probably where the best loot is, I have to go loot it."
Follow Woldo to the NEXT LEVEL! (The housing level.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1326 on: October 01, 2019, 12:36:10 pm »

"Why are you off to go looting when we have the rest of the team to rescue? They're certainly still alive and we can't just abandon them."

Take the elevator down to mining.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1327 on: October 02, 2019, 01:49:59 am »

"I wouldn't go down there, the guys that went down there probably have the Space Madness by now and are ether eating, or killing each other by now."
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1328 on: October 02, 2019, 07:34:24 am »

"I'll be fine, I have water."
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1329 on: October 04, 2019, 09:52:11 am »

Wilfred stands there for a moment, his hand jammed into the shard. And then he seems to go limp and tumbles over backwards, slowly falling in the low g.  His body lands with a soft thud in the utter silence of the cavern and as it does, the shard begins to change. The slow flowing waves of blue shift into rapid pulses of green that race down the length of the shard. The axe goes spinning off and embeds itself in the stone wall and the entire asteroid begins to shake.  A pulse seems to sweep outward from the shard, like a blast wave, passing intangibly yet noticeably through the world. And for an instant everyone can see. See the great flood of bodies, the surging tide of ghostly flesh exploding out from the core of the asteroid. As though every corpse of every thing that had ever existed came shotgun spewing up from those depths in apparition form. They feel the rotten flesh and gestalt souls pass through them, slam against them, bowl them over and then...nothing. Everything is quiet again. For a moment at least.

The shaking redoubles an instant later and a horrible grinding of stone on stone echos through the entire station. There is a feeling of sideways acceleration and, if anyone were sane or awake in the depths of the asteroid to see it, they would see that the shard is beginning to move, tearing itself from the asteroid.

[2]
Wilfred remains unconscious where he landed, at the bottom of the cavern.

[5]
Tara suddenly regains control of herself. Her mind is still blank; she has no memory of the last several hours. When she tries to think about how she got here, on one of the lower platforms of this cavern, she feels viscerally ill. She decides that maybe thinking about that is a bad idea.

[3]
Fred Williams, a few feet away from Tara, awakens with much the same symptoms.

Stay knocked out till rescue comes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3]
Toby remains unconscious.

Very well then! Me and Hamilton shall begin the snackquest! Go forth in search of snacks!

Unless things start getting freaky, in which case I'll prep the shuttle and the bay doors for immediate take-off and send the following message to command (the rules said it should rhyme and be less than 250 words, so I think this should be enough):

There once was an anime ape,
and a team that their shuttle did break,
two got resurrected,
and the new team selected
was sent in to the asteroid base

The Crystal they'd scraped
Had most people's mind raped,
So I'm telling you straight,
It's not up for debate,
The survivors want outta that place.

To let them know we want outta there and bring Hamilton with us.



Pathos begins singing the snack song. Then the previously described ghost wave hits him. He stops singing the snack song and sits down in the pilot seat.

"To everyone listening this is evacuation shuttle "123-GTFO" and we are preparing for immediate departure. Please find your seats or I will be taking them with me when I leave."

He then sends his limerick to command.  Of course, he doesn't have to wait for their response, he can just set the gate for earth or near it and travel regardless. They might get mad at him but whatever, better than ghosts. Space ghosts. From coast to coast.

Just a heads up, depending on what happens with Sy, posts might get ignored next turn. Keep that in mind, since whats gonna happen is gonna happen quick and might preempt things.

Thank you for letting us know.

Read some more in the journal, any more hints it can divulge?


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[2]
Yagyu attempts to glean more information from the journal but he gets nothing new from flipping through it quickly.



"Why are you off to go looting when we have the rest of the team to rescue? They're certainly still alive and we can't just abandon them."

Take the elevator down to mining.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
"Wait your going to the housing level, that's probably where the best loot is, I have to go loot it."
Follow Woldo to the NEXT LEVEL! (The housing level.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
”We should clear the level, elsewise we might as well be doing nothing, and will miss out on the XP and the good loot.”
Since this level seems clear, I’ll go and check the next level (which should be housing). However, don’t go if nobody goes with me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey, intrepid explorers! According to the script here, the shard is currently starting to pull itself free of the asteroid. When it does its gonna plunge the entire mine area (and all the areas attached to it by elevator) into hard vacuum!  Assuming it doesn't just tear the asteroid apart first.

Just something to keep in mind before you run off.

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1330 on: October 04, 2019, 10:27:23 am »

Get to shuttle ASAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1331 on: October 04, 2019, 10:47:55 am »

The rescue mission does not care about the risks. Get down into mining and rescue the rest of the team, starting with the unconscious.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1332 on: October 04, 2019, 10:49:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gst to the shuttle as fast as I can

Leodanny

  • Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1333 on: October 04, 2019, 12:07:42 pm »

”uuuuuuuhhhhh, what happened?”
Freeeeeddddddoooooommmmmm! Go on the shuttle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1334 on: October 04, 2019, 03:55:03 pm »

Welp, get on the shuttle. If there’s time for it, go send the elevator down first so the people on the lower level can get up a little faster.


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 117