Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451560 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1410 on: October 25, 2019, 02:48:43 pm »

Hrm.  "Armor piercing", huh?  Well, that's a problem, considering that the real AP stuff is way outside my price range...

"HEY!  ANYONE WANT TO BUY A SECURITY RIFLE?  ONLY TWO HUNDRED CREDITS, THAT'S HALF OFF!  AND I'LL THROW IN A HALF EMPTY SPARE MAG, TOO!"

Try to sell my rifle to someone else, for 200 credits.  They get the mags too, if they buy it.  Then go get a loan from sharky, of 340 credits.  Or 540 if nobody wants the gun for some reason.  That'll leave me with 1540, which I'll use to buy an Advanced Cleaning Apparatus plus two spare... mags, I guess?

...Just because I'm worried, don't buy it if it doesn't actually use gun skill despite being in the guns section, or is limited only to "close" range, whatever that is.  In either case, take out 100 more credits in the loan and buy a PUNCH shotgun instead.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 25, 2019, 06:59:25 pm »

Hmm, people are selling their stuff in the halls now. For some reason Nik got the feeling that he was getting close to the elevator. 200 for a gun would be nice, but he always preferred knives. Doesn't really matter though, he can't afford stuff anyway.

Then he saw it. That bipedal cartilaginous fish.

"Excuse me... uh... guard, there's something important I need to do. It's a matter of life and death."
"I wouldn't deal with him if I were you"

Talk to the loan shark and try to take out a loan for $400. Only do this though if I can pay it off for $700 or less immediately after his first mission. Also read the fine print and use my KNOWLEDGE to detect any suspicious terms. If spotted try to negotiate them out of my contract. Walk if negotiations fail, I will rather die than be a wageslave!

IF all of that was succesful, buy a reactive fabric cape and go back to the elevator
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 07:04:25 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 26, 2019, 06:40:59 am »

”oh, Cool! Actually, I wonder if she can see ghosts at all? I can barely see you, right now. What ghostly things can you do, right now?”

"Hey hey hey. I'm much more than just some ghost, you know? I can do all sorts of things. I'm a janitor, after all. I can janitate real good. Speaking of which, mind going and creating some sentient donuts, then murdering them for me? And a pizza, while you're at it. Oh! I bet we could set up a great ecto-eatery if you don't mind ignoring a couple ethical constraints. Of course you don't, this is OMNITECH, right? Now, about those donuts?"

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Shiny Shiny
« Reply #1413 on: October 27, 2019, 03:05:52 am »

From around a corner, Charon comes. Sprinting at full speed towards the elevator he leaps throw the open doors, rolling until he smashes against the wall. He stands back up, swaying back and forth while a bit of blood trials down from the corner of his forehead and onto the floor.

"I'm here."

Be present on the elevator.

Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:11:30 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1414 on: October 28, 2019, 11:41:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buy 2 OMNITECH “Porcelain” Ceramic knives and head to elevator 03A
Done.

Head to Elevator 03A.

Spoiler: Wyatt Baker (click to show/hide)
Done.

High Ho! Finish the transition, publicly this time!

Samurai Waifu Assassin go!

Can I sell my old body to creepy dude? If so, how much would I get?

Then head down to the mission location.

Done.
We'll say you sell your body for 50 OMNI.

Jump on the foxgirl and ride her all the way to the elevator. Be the cute animal mascot she deserves.

I'm not honestly sure how she would react to having a robot face hugger clamp down on her head. We'll assume that she makes it to the elevator regardless, though there is an unknown amount of screaming involved. Quantum terror, basically.

Head to the elevator.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
Go to the elevator with everyone else.
Done and Done.

Ie the same as an advanced medkit but for repair and modification and such? Its not in the arsenal right now but I don't see why it couldn't be.
Neato, how much would that be?

Also, you said before that we could do one modification per piece of equipment, correct? Is using a charge of a toolkit enough, or should we also get relevant materials and such? For example, modifying a goop gun to spray more goop faster and thereby increase its attack die (perhaps at the cost of decreasing the use die of a loaded tank or something?)

How much for an environmental scanner?

Can a computing cube be used for communicating?

((Sorry for all these questions, I'll try to keep it to the minimum. Do tell me when the last turn for purchases and lvl-ups is though!))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
400 according to the armory.

Depends on the mod but that specific mod wouldn't need extra stuff.

Lets say 50.

Yes.

I'd say you're ok for at least one more turn.

Hrm.  "Armor piercing", huh?  Well, that's a problem, considering that the real AP stuff is way outside my price range...

"HEY!  ANYONE WANT TO BUY A SECURITY RIFLE?  ONLY TWO HUNDRED CREDITS, THAT'S HALF OFF!  AND I'LL THROW IN A HALF EMPTY SPARE MAG, TOO!"

Try to sell my rifle to someone else, for 200 credits.  They get the mags too, if they buy it.  Then go get a loan from sharky, of 340 credits.  Or 540 if nobody wants the gun for some reason.  That'll leave me with 1540, which I'll use to buy an Advanced Cleaning Apparatus plus two spare... mags, I guess?

...Just because I'm worried, don't buy it if it doesn't actually use gun skill despite being in the guns section, or is limited only to "close" range, whatever that is.  In either case, take out 100 more credits in the loan and buy a PUNCH shotgun instead.

No one appears to buy the rifle, but if I missed something feel free to work it out between yourselves. I'll trust you to handle it without my direct involvement.

540 loan is accepted. Gun bought. and yes it is a gun. It isn't a sniper rifle mind you but it has reasonable range.

Hmm, people are selling their stuff in the halls now. For some reason Nik got the feeling that he was getting close to the elevator. 200 for a gun would be nice, but he always preferred knives. Doesn't really matter though, he can't afford stuff anyway.

Then he saw it. That bipedal cartilaginous fish.

"Excuse me... uh... guard, there's something important I need to do. It's a matter of life and death."
"I wouldn't deal with him if I were you"

Talk to the loan shark and try to take out a loan for $400. Only do this though if I can pay it off for $700 or less immediately after his first mission. Also read the fine print and use my KNOWLEDGE to detect any suspicious terms. If spotted try to negotiate them out of my contract. Walk if negotiations fail, I will rather die than be a wageslave!

IF all of that was succesful, buy a reactive fabric cape and go back to the elevator

[7]
According to the contract, which refers to the debter as "Chum",  The loans have a 25% interest rate, compiling at the end of every mission. The "Chum" must pay off a minumum of 25% of the current total owed or  "the difference is made up in flesh". The exact meaning of that is somewhat obscure but it does mean that a loan of 400 would be 500 next mission so good enough!

Cape bought, loan taken.

From around a corner, Charon comes. Sprinting at full speed towards the elevator he leaps throw the open doors, rolling until he smashes against the wall. He stands back up, swaying back and forth while a bit of blood trials down from the corner of his forehead and onto the floor.

"I'm here."

Be present on the elevator.

Done.

Alright everyone, I'll give you the good news first. The good news is that you are not yet obsolete and thus fired and lobotomized as it states in the employee handbook.  You see, OMNICORP is always innovating and one of its current lines of inquiry is advancement and creation of what we call "In house Staff".  Clones, robotics, bound demons, and more recently haunted automata, have all been investigated as possible replacements for your kind.

Unfortunately the latest attempt- the KNIGHT series-  appears to have had some flaws and has currently taken several sections of the lab and a number of staff hostage. We are uncertain as to their motivations or intentions and as such you are being sent in to rectify the situation! The powers that be don't particularly care how you get it done so long as you minimize staff losses and property damage. If you can resolve it peacefully that would be best but...well we have doubts that will be possible. The Knight series are not quite sapient in the traditional way; they're biomechanical hybrids in armored exoskeletons designed for containment and guarding, they don't have the intelligence to function well autonomously. You may be able to fix whatever misguided order resulted in this though.

Failing that, if you decide to use force we advise caution. These units are not many in number but they're heavily armored, superhuman, and armed with prototype weaponry.

Any questions? 

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 28, 2019, 11:55:46 am »

“You say they aren’t intelligent enough to think for themselves. If so, is something controlling them? A swarm intelligence, wifi-signals from some computer, a psionic relay, the voices of H.E.L.L?”

Spoiler: Nik (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 12:08:14 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 28, 2019, 01:05:50 pm »

Eh, if I only getting 50, I’d rather keep the original body as backup.

I’ve got no problem with the robot tagging along. A proper assassin needs a pet/mascot!

In any case, I’ll arrive on the scene and get a feel for the first area.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 28, 2019, 01:32:20 pm »

Well, let's just get this sorted out then.

Lvl gun stat. Then buy goop gun (400) and 3 extra tanks (90), also toolkit (200). Total of 690.

Try to mod the goop gun as described before. If possible, make it so it can switch between the two firing modes, but not if that makes the mod much more difficult.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 28, 2019, 02:30:57 pm »

"Can they speak? Can they communicate with us and us with them? If so, why haven't they simply been asked what their motives are?""
When the elevator gets to the destination, step out and observe the room

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 28, 2019, 02:46:49 pm »

"Can you give a rouge estimate on their numbers? And what sort of armour and weapons do they use?"

Once the elevator arrives, raise my rifle and enter the first area, making sure to get a good look at the surroundings.

Spoiler: Wyatt Baler (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Free Stuff
« Reply #1420 on: October 28, 2019, 03:07:41 pm »

"Can I keep whatever I loot off their corpses?"

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 29, 2019, 04:03:55 am »

"How armoured are they, will our rifles even do anything to them?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 30, 2019, 03:23:43 am »

"No.  You could prolly buy some AP ammo, though.  Do a little bit more nothing!"

Can we have a map of the area?  Also, precisely how many of them there are, and what weapons they might be armed with?

Hotfire90

« Reply #1423 on: October 30, 2019, 08:43:15 am »

"Are they vulnerable to high temperatures and do we know why they took hostages?"

Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 30, 2019, 09:08:50 am »

“Hey, can I borrow 20 bucks from anybody?”
Toby gulps, realizing how squishy he is. Buy a tentacle if I get the money for it.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 334