Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 449052 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1425 on: October 30, 2019, 09:33:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sure. I have the 20
I give 20 OMNI to Toby
(Toby can add 20 OMNI to his total, I have already subtracted 20 OMNI from myself)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 30, 2019, 02:44:15 pm »

”thank you.”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 30, 2019, 02:46:25 pm »

You're welcome

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 31, 2019, 07:19:55 am »

Go casually "Stand' behind Yuri the Anime Ape. Look intimating .... mincing ... aggressable ... Look mean.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1429 on: November 01, 2019, 10:35:09 am »

“You say they aren’t intelligent enough to think for themselves. If so, is something controlling them? A swarm intelligence, wifi-signals from some computer, a psionic relay, the voices of H.E.L.L?”

Spoiler: Nik (click to show/hide)

They should be running on preprogrammed routines. When I say they're not intelligent think of them less like an animal and more like a man with no imagination or capacity to innovate. They're intelligent enough to act but their orders are absolute and they cannot comprehend anything that falls outside of those orders.

Eh, if I only getting 50, I’d rather keep the original body as backup.

I’ve got no problem with the robot tagging along. A proper assassin needs a pet/mascot!

In any case, I’ll arrive on the scene and get a feel for the first area.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
We'll keep it on ice.

Well, let's just get this sorted out then.

Lvl gun stat. Then buy goop gun (400) and 3 extra tanks (90), also toolkit (200). Total of 690.

Try to mod the goop gun as described before. If possible, make it so it can switch between the two firing modes, but not if that makes the mod much more difficult.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[5,3]
Done. Switching possible too.  Make sure to modify the description of your weapon in your inventory to explain the mod.

"Can they speak? Can they communicate with us and us with them? If so, why haven't they simply been asked what their motives are?""
When the elevator gets to the destination, step out and observe the room
Information is somewhat sketchy about the situation. We have been cut off and no one in the labs has escaped. We only know about the entire thing because of a few things spotted on cameras external to the lab and eyewitnesses who attempted to enter. No one has attempted communication yet, at least from out here; you're the first responders.

Their motives and their capacity to speak are difficult to say. A computer can speak but only with the words it was given, they are much the same. They are closer to organic automata than true humans.

"Can you give a rouge estimate on their numbers? And what sort of armour and weapons do they use?"

Once the elevator arrives, raise my rifle and enter the first area, making sure to get a good look at the surroundings.

Spoiler: Wyatt Baler (click to show/hide)
Last estimate puts the active units at 8 but there were others in the complex in inactive mode. It is possible more have been activated. Maximum would be around 20 but we doubt it will rise to that level.

Armor is a custom KNIGHT powered and armored exoskeleton. Full body, environmentally shielded, composite ceramic armor plating, enhanced strength. Armament at last inventory should be a high caliber rifle designated the "Lance" and 4 foot augmented broadsword. The Lance fires large depleted uranium penetrator shells, but only has a 4 shot magazine. The broadsword utilizes cartridges of gas, an electric arc lighter, and a complex internal tube system to create momentary high pressure pulses of superheated plasma that emits from its edge. This is in addition to working perfectly well as a normal sword.

"Can I keep whatever I loot off their corpses?"

Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
I will put in a emergency requisition order. They may accept it or not; but assume you can for now. Oh, though I should say, their armor is gene locked and custom to their body so it won't work for you. The weapons may though. Just be careful, they were designed for the KNIGHTs so they will likely be difficult for a normal person to use.

"How armoured are they, will our rifles even do anything to them?"
Their armor is Titanium diboride ceramic. Most lower range ballistic weapons will not initially damage it, though unlike metallic armor it can be shattered through repeated hits. There are also spaces at the joints which are covered only in a kevlar weave and are less effective.  The armor has good thermal protection but it IS electrically conductive and cannot protect its user against electrical shock.

"No.  You could prolly buy some AP ammo, though.  Do a little bit more nothing!"

Can we have a map of the area?  Also, precisely how many of them there are, and what weapons they might be armed with?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Covered by previous posts, also no. I'm out of town and on a fugging kindle tablet so I don't have access to a map maker. I'll see about drawing one by hand and then scanning it or borrowing a computer or something.

"Are they vulnerable to high temperatures and do we know why they took hostages?"

Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
They are somewhat insulated against high temp and fire, but not perfectly so. They cannot just ignore it, but they can withstand high temps for a short period without issue.

Sure. I have the 20
I give 20 OMNI to Toby
(Toby can add 20 OMNI to his total, I have already subtracted 20 OMNI from myself)
“Hey, can I borrow 20 bucks from anybody?”
Toby gulps, realizing how squishy he is. Buy a tentacle if I get the money for it.
Done.

Go casually "Stand' behind Yuri the Anime Ape. Look intimating .... mincing ... aggressable ... Look mean.
Everyone would probably get this reference but sadly no one is in the room except Reginald, the anime ape, and yourself.  And Reggie seems a bit busy answering questions.

The elevator arrives at the designated floor with a cheery DING and the doors open. Reginald provides directions to the entry point of the lab. There's a big "LAB K" stenciled on the blast door leading in but nothing else to indicate its contents or status. A check of the control panel shows the door to be locked, but not sealed. Using an entry code supplied by Reggie, the team unlocks the door and opens it. Or rather, opens it as far as it will go. The giant doors open only about a foot and a half; large enough to squeeze through sideways and thats about it.  As soon as the doors stop a voice shouts out from inside.

"HALT. YOU ARE ENTERING THE SOVEREIGN TERRITORY OF CAMELOT! STATE YOUR BUSINESS!"

A quick peek through the gap shows what looks like a rather standard anteroom that has been heavily barricaded with furniture and lab equipment to form a sort of fortress wall of debris which blocks off the way forward. The only way through it looks like a crude entryway created out of a standard cloning tube laid on its side to form a tunnel through the wall.  There are no visible enemies but there are crude battlements atop the wall that they could be hiding behind.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 01, 2019, 10:39:56 am »

Head casually down to the event and see if there's any ectotrash to incinerate. If there is ectotrash, incinerate it. If there are ectosnacks, eat them. If there are mission-irrelevant lootables, make careful note of them, but don't tell anyone just yet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:08 am »

"Hail Sir Knight! We are representatives of OMNITECH and mean you no harm.

We are here to parlay. May I enter so we can talk properly?"

Talk to the brobot.

Also, for the weapon mod, how should we say it works mechanically? Something like 'for every level of attack die increased, the use die roll rolls one more die at disadvantage'? Or just say it then rolls d6 attack and rolls use die at normal disadvantage? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:00:37 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 01, 2019, 12:41:02 pm »

We don’t mean any harm, we just want to know why you kidnapped members of OMNITECH
Talk to the ambassador of Camelot
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 12:58:01 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 01, 2019, 12:47:26 pm »

”Oooh, tell them we want to arrange a political marriage. Isn’t that the kind of stuff they did in the Middle Ages?”

Wait patiently for now. Return fire if they open fire, aiming for the weak points.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #1434 on: November 01, 2019, 01:19:16 pm »

"We're here for a medical inspection to make sure that everyone is healthy and isn't suffering from this dangerous and highly contagious new disease we just discovered. Also what's a Camelot?"

Talk to the resident of Camelot.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 01, 2019, 01:59:41 pm »

Nik just absent mindedly cleans the floors. Talking isn’t his strong suit, sneaking is but there’s no way he’s going to sneak his way past this one
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 02, 2019, 03:22:19 am »

"Isn't Camelot from one of those bullshit stories you tell little kids?"
Stand in the background where I can't be seen and reload my antique revolver.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 02, 2019, 04:27:47 am »

Wil sits down against the wall a distance away from the door, clutching his oversized acid thrower protectively.  "Try not to get your lies too tangled up with each other, these things probably get confused easily.  And Woldo, stop acting so creepy, they probably don't even have the bits you're after."

Sit down far into cover and wait for diplomacy to fail.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1438 on: November 02, 2019, 06:45:31 am »

RA2_terror_drone.wav

Search around for alternative entrances I could squeeze through, taking advantage of my small size.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 02, 2019, 12:27:10 pm »

”First of all, I’m not Woldo right now, I’m Ji Fuchikoma. And second of all, I’m not after their “bits”, and I would need a diplomatic marriage to get at ‘em in any case.
But more to the point, Im serious about the marriage thing. We could potentially exploit their cognitive dissonance to find a bloodless resolution.”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 334