Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 449565 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1440 on: November 02, 2019, 12:34:44 pm »

tangled in lies? The idea is a peaceful resolution. I don’t mean any harm. I want to know why they are doing what they are doing

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 03, 2019, 05:50:39 pm »

Find cover and wait for the inevitable shoot out.

Spoiler: Wyatt Baker (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1442 on: November 05, 2019, 12:01:49 pm »

Head casually down to the event and see if there's any ectotrash to incinerate. If there is ectotrash, incinerate it. If there are ectosnacks, eat them. If there are mission-irrelevant lootables, make careful note of them, but don't tell anyone just yet.
[2]
Sadly there is nothing here but fleshies doing their normal fleshy things.

"Hail Sir Knight! We are representatives of OMNITECH and mean you no harm.

We are here to parlay. May I enter so we can talk properly?"

Talk to the brobot.

Also, for the weapon mod, how should we say it works mechanically? Something like 'for every level of attack die increased, the use die roll rolls one more die at disadvantage'? Or just say it then rolls d6 attack and rolls use die at normal disadvantage? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Just say that for every more powerful use, use die is rolled at disadvantage.

Yagyu has no listed speech ability so...d4 I guess.

[3]
We don’t mean any harm, we just want to know why you kidnapped members of OMNITECH
Talk to the ambassador of Camelot
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[2]

"We're here for a medical inspection to make sure that everyone is healthy and isn't suffering from this dangerous and highly contagious new disease we just discovered. Also what's a Camelot?"

Talk to the resident of Camelot.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[4]

A cacophony of voices respond all at once, the sort of thing that makes it very hard to accurately reply to or understand. Luckily the KNIGHT seems to be able to pick out enough from the rabble to get the general gist of things.  A head- wearing what looks like a ceramic knight's helmet with small cameras embedded on the visor peeks out.

"If you have come to make peaceful intercourse with our land then send forth your ambassador so we might speak."

Find cover and wait for the inevitable shoot out.

Spoiler: Wyatt Baker (click to show/hide)
Wil sits down against the wall a distance away from the door, clutching his oversized acid thrower protectively.  "Try not to get your lies too tangled up with each other, these things probably get confused easily.  And Woldo, stop acting so creepy, they probably don't even have the bits you're after."

Sit down far into cover and wait for diplomacy to fail.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
"Isn't Camelot from one of those bullshit stories you tell little kids?"
Stand in the background where I can't be seen and reload my antique revolver.
"We're here for a medical inspection to make sure that everyone is healthy and isn't suffering from this dangerous and highly contagious new disease we just discovered. Also what's a Camelot?"

Talk to the resident of Camelot.
”Oooh, tell them we want to arrange a political marriage. Isn’t that the kind of stuff they did in the Middle Ages?”

Wait patiently for now. Return fire if they open fire, aiming for the weak points.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
The pessimistic or quiet portion of the security team sort of just stands around, loading guns, taking cover, mopping floors and generally waiting to see what happens. This Ren faire crap is either below or above their pay grade, least for the moment.

RA2_terror_drone.wav

Search around for alternative entrances I could squeeze through, taking advantage of my small size.

[5]
Pathobot happens to find a very convenient vent that is just the right size for him to enter! It probably runs oxygen to all or at least a large chunk of this area. How completely useful!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 05, 2019, 12:10:03 pm »

Tara asks the rest of the team, which one of us should be the ambassador?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 05, 2019, 12:14:41 pm »

((I am certainly willing to go in and try to talk, but my speech is d4, and I’m not sure if pw is rolling speech for all talking stuff these days (s previous turn implies) or if it is like the old days where doing your own talking usually didn’t need a speech roll but was evaluated on its own merits. I’ll go ahead, but if someone with a higher speech skill wants to go instead I can live with that.))

"I am willing to go in, if no better negotiators are around?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 05, 2019, 12:19:28 pm »

((
I have d8 speech, does anyone else have anything higher than d8?))
I can go

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 05, 2019, 12:52:54 pm »

Continue with good old fashioned OMNI-brand pessimism.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 05, 2019, 01:56:33 pm »

"Unfortunately, you don't have your brain uploaded, so sending you in is more risky if things go awry. Then again, I do sometimes put my foot in my mouth...

If I go in, would any of you be willing to take care of my stuff for a bit, and to give it to my clone should I bite the dust in there?"

If any and all talking takes speech rolls these days, let Tara go do the talking. If we can still do (some of) our own talking, go in myself. If the latter, leave my stuff with Wil or Tara, except for the computing cube, which should stay on at all times so my teammates can listen in.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 11:56:36 am by Radio Controlled »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 05, 2019, 02:05:12 pm »

If Yagyu lets me, go in

Hotfire90

« Reply #1449 on: November 05, 2019, 02:47:11 pm »

"We should come to an agreement as to what our ambassador is going to say before we send them in. I think going with the medical inspection would be the best option for rescuing all the hostages with mininal risk, though if we're going with that then I have to be our ambassador, I think I'm the only one qualified to answer any medical questions."

Go in and talk if I'm elected as ambassador, otherwise just stand around and look helpful.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 05, 2019, 03:32:38 pm »

”Diplomacy is more than just stating the facts though. There’s a certain art to getting your point across and I don’t know if you are capable. A silver tongue is a necessity for a job like this

As for what we should talk about specifically, I honestly do like the idea of the political marriage. These guys are crazy. When I’ve dealt with insane people in the past I find that it’s generally best to play along with their delusions. The fact that Princess Ji is a robot should definitely help things.”
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 05, 2019, 03:55:48 pm »

”Diplomacy is more than just stating the facts though. There’s a certain art to getting your point across and I don’t know if you are capable. A silver tongue is a necessity for a job like this

As for what we should talk about specifically, I honestly do like the idea of the political marriage. These guys are crazy. When I’ve dealt with insane people in the past I find that it’s generally best to play along with their delusions. The fact that Princess Ji is a robot should definitely help things.”

yes, this does sound like a good idea, we have to figure out why they kidnapped OMNITECH people in order to negotiate properly. Maybe we can use the political marriage to have the Kingdom of Camelot be a vassal to the kingdom of OMNITECH, considering that Camelot has less territory currently

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1452 on: November 05, 2019, 04:59:57 pm »

*excited robospider noises*

Start exploring the vents. Try to be quiet about it and be careful not to accidentally walk into a fan or something. If it's the sort of place one can get lost in, use glowspray to mark the way at intersections.

I'm interested, in order of priority:
*Security stations/control stations
*Research documents/computers
*Hostages
*Life support systems
*Traps and weapon stockpiles

While exploring, keep an eye out for enemy positions and do my best to stay away from them. I don't know how good their senses are and I don't want to risk it.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:04:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 06, 2019, 04:56:12 am »

I Volunteer to be ambassador! Float to the front and start haunting the roboknight. Be sure to be extra anachronistic, and also be sure to talk about things utterly unrelated to whatever they are doing or whatever the team is trying to do - hockey, or the categorization of mildews and molds, or the various flaws in the Dewey Decimal System, or other equally exciting topics.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 06, 2019, 05:58:36 am »

"All of these ideas are all very interesting, but the issue right now is that we just don't know what we're dealing with. So, when I go in my plan is just to observe what is going on, hear them out and try to determine the condition of the hostages. After that we can determine the best way to handle the situation. As such, I'll just be taking my computing cube with me and leave it on so you guys can hear what is going on in there. If you want you can patch in to my video feed as well, so you'll know what went down in case of my unfortunate demise, but only if you know how to do it! Don't be cutting my AV-feeds while I'm in there!"

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 334